The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

There should be ample opportunity to rectify that particular issue as people complete their builds and figure out which extra parts they don’t really need anymore.

Keep hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, man! I’m happy with it for the time being. Plenty of treasure hunting left to do.

Picked up a new piece for the build:

7c685fe52f7bd1a9f279cfee20a8e366.jpg
b3e2cc02e000dcb846557da20fdb92b3.jpg

Paid a pretty penny for it, but with the fantastic condition it’s in and me being extremely impatient I’m happy I still jumped on it.

Still looking for a grenade and of course, the booster so if anyone has a spare they’ll be selling soon or knows of one of the pieces floating around let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a new piece for the build:

Paid a pretty penny for it, but with the fantastic condition it’s in and me being extremely impatient I’m happy I still jumped on it.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi guys I am absolutely stoked :D

I have had an amazing week I was able to hunt down a Hales Grenade & AS Handwheel to go with the Graflex Clamp & Transistors I already have, I will post photos when I get organized.

I would like to thank @teecrooz @kurtyboy @OdiWan72 @russellsch @scottjua for sharing their knowledge & advice.

I now need to obtain the two hardest parts a Balance Pipe & Booster along with another Exactra Bubble Card to complete my unicorn vintage Obi-wan saber, if any one has parts for sale or trade please PM, thanks in advance Ian

Hi guys I am absolutely stoked :D

I have had an amazing week I was able to hunt down a Hales Grenade & AS Handwheel to go with the Graflex Clamp & Transistors I already have, I will post photos when I get organized.

I would like to thank @teecrooz @kurtyboy @OdiWan72 @russellsch @scottjua for sharing their knowledge & advice.

I now need to obtain the two hardest parts a Balance Pipe & Booster along with another Exactra Bubble Card to complete my unicorn vintage Obi-wan saber, if any one has parts for sale or trade please PM, thanks in advance Ian

Tim that’s awesome!!

If that’s the one I was bidding on I swear man! Hahaha looks good man! If I didn’t just buy a vintage ring myself I would see if I could grab one of yours

Well, thanks for running the price up on me in the last 3 seconds! If I decide to sell them, they're gonna be a mint. ;) The listing said the box stinks and boy does it ever! I can't be around it too long or my glands react like crazy to the mold. I Lysoled it with half a can, and it seems to be working somewhat. I may just cut out the D-Rings on little squares of the box to display them that way.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Looking at this though, I am curious. Legend has it that after ANH, the various props, which were made from rented graflexes, were disassembled and returned. But it appears to me that the D rings couldn't be used without destroying the graflex cases...

Thanks Guys!

Hey fezfox ! If the D-Rings did in fact come from cases and straps from camera equipment, it was likely from items Roger Christian purchased from that camera store that he bought the GRAFLEX Flashes from. They didn't have to return those. The D-Rings with the clamp already folded around them are more likely to have been the original source for the ANH Luke Lightsaber as there would have been less work to simply rivet them on. Not that the prop guys couldn't have folded the clamps from the cases like mine around the D-Rings, but we'll never know for certain.

The Hale's Grenades were on rent from Bapty, i.e. Obi-Wan's Lightsaber, and those portions of it were likely reassembled as borrowed and returned. They would have kept the GRAFLEX Clamp from it, the Armitage Shanks Handwheel, the Washers, the Exactra Bubble Strip, the Transistors, and whatever was inside to hold it all together as a lightsaber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing they had a wide array of WW2 gear to draw parts from, it occurred to me while watching Band of Brothers last night, they may have sourced the d-rings from Army field suspenders or possibly a utility harness. Both used d-rings.

Congrats!

Looking at this though, I am curious. Legend has it that after ANH, the various props, which were made from rented graflexes, were disassembled and returned. But it appears to me that the D rings couldn't be used without destroying the graflex cases...
If I recall correctly I'm sure Roger Christian said he bought a box of them for a £20 - think it was in his book.

There is some logic to the idea they had rented the grenade portion of the Kenobi saber as it's firearm related but the only thing we have to back that notion up is that it disappeared so we're searching for reasons why it's gone (assuming it didn't walk away). The Graflexes and greeblies, however, were definitely purchased for the production.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back