The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

So can’t find if it’s been mentioned, but what Armitage Shanks Starlite taps are used for the pommel? The hand wheels with either ‘h’ or ‘c’ symbol, or the ‘AS’ symbol?
Finally caved in and started the torturous task of collecting all the vintage pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So can’t find if it’s been mentioned, but what Armitage Shanks Starlite taps are used for the pommel? The hand wheels with either ‘h’ or ‘c’ symbol, or the ‘AS’ symbol?
Finally caved in and started the torturous task of collecting all the vintage pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the graphic in post #2 of this thread. All the info you need is right there.

Actually no one knows; there’s no definitive proof as to which tap, hot or cold, was used. Most people prefer ‘C’ because of blue for cold/blue lightsaber.

Also, the AS symbol handwheels are the modern variant of the Starlite and incorrect for a vintage Obi hilt build. The third variant that would work is the older version where Armitage Shanks is actually spelled out along with either the ‘H’ or ‘C’ symbol.

There were yellow ones of the correct size with little black/chrome domed tops. I have these, re-chromed by someone out west

There were yellow ones of the correct size with little black/chrome domed tops. I have these, re-chromed by someone out west

I have a cap that needs to be re-plated, do you remember who did the re-chroming and were you happy with their work?

You can get chroming kits, might be able to find one on line, after all is only a small part to cover?

Guys - stay away from spandau militaria. I tried to get a grenade shipped here and they ignored all three emails, and then went absolutely bananas when I opened a paypal case. they used lots of expletives and told me never to shop there again.

in light of that, I have a No.3 MK2 on its way to me from someone else. Close enough!

Guys - stay away from spandau militaria. I tried to get a grenade shipped here and they ignored all three emails, and then went absolutely bananas when I opened a paypal case. they used lots of expletives and told me never to shop there again.

Oh dear you too! There are now several of us on this site who have been conned by military ordinance sites in the UK. Not sure how to detect them, but they seem to have cottoned on to the idea they can get large sums of money from prop collectors for Hales grenades they don't have. Beware!

Though I would share my latest 'impulse' purchase. Although, it won't really generate thrust anymore:

IMG_4443.JPGIMG_4446.JPG

It will make a great certerpeice to my dreamed-of Star Wars display.

10^6 thanks to Teecrooz, for making it possible to hold custody and personally appreciate such iconic parts of past. I never dreamed I could or I would; but with help from the fine people of the RPF - I can and am. Pretty cool.

Now, if I can just get my hands on the one last part needed to complete my all vintage Obi... the one that starts with a b...?

Ha! Guess I had that one coming.

But, the last guess is always the correct one... “The only ‘B’ I [need] right now, is booster.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back