The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Sure thing, here you go!

From what I understand, the left one is a bath tap wheel, the middle two are later versions (80's) since they have chrome caps and the right one is the correct type (sink tap size) and is from the correct era - 'first gen' since they have black caps.

That's how I understand it anyway!

The two later generation ones in the middle are slightly larger in diameter than the right hand side one - not much though.

Sorry for the rough and ready pics.
36a50efc7d82807dbdf3e2c065129485.jpg
cee30e3804c781ddc2a449fb07b541fb.jpg

Thank you ... I have never seen the black cap variation before ... and eventhough the diameter may be correct . . . I suspect having the 'new' logo on the cap, instead of 'C' or 'H' it's possibly a slightly later more modern variant than the one most of us use. Still nice score of handwheels and a good start on tracking down those vintage parts. Keep us updated when you have more to show for your vintage parts OB1 lightsaber build :)

Chaïm

I'm pretty sure I've had a couple of those on the far right. It's a one piece design from a later generation than the correct ones and has larger gaps between each cube. However, it's much closer in size than the rest though and of those choices, that would be the one I would use until you find the correct version.

Picking up a second... errr..... candle holder.... from david tomorrow from the post office. Has a modified No. 20 Mk. 1 neck on it, but Chris is trading me a new neck to put on the relic, and I’ll swap the current neck on the relic out onto this pineapple. Cool stuff though!

cd6f6aa6a006cdd0bdced38ea79bedc9.jpg
92258b38b2419af80b483692f813b38e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure thing, here you go!

From what I understand, the left one is a bath tap wheel, the middle two are later versions (80's) since they have chrome caps and the right one is the correct type (sink tap size) and is from the correct era - 'first gen' since they have black caps.

That's how I understand it anyway!

The two later generation ones in the middle are slightly larger in diameter than the right hand side one - not much though.

Sorry for the rough and ready pics.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/36a50efc7d82807dbdf3e2c065129485.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/cee30e3804c781ddc2a449fb07b541fb.jpg

i had gold ones on the right, with the exact cap and everything. got them re-chromed, the chroming came off, so they were rechromed again and then the D ring cracked out of the cube it was drilled in, bad memories :facepalm they are the right size though.

without the endcap, i just built a tunisia version!

I felt a tremor in the Force on Saturday, September 15, 2018. It was a presence I'd not felt since.... and I headed over to eBay and started to look through faucets but I was pulled away by responsibilities and couldn't finish the search. I should have started with sinks instead as I found this bad boy last night and about jumped out off of my stool until I scrolled down a bit and read,...

"On 15-Sep-18 at 13:13:15 BST, seller added the following information:Please note the Taps Have now been sold separately."

So, was it anyone here that got the faucet?

ARMITAGE SHANKS - SINK KNOBS - for sale by machine_roy on ebay item number 292719934411 in Whist.jpg

Congrats to whoever did, the chrome on these look spectacular in this photo even though the blue cold ring appears to be missing!

ARMITAGE SHANKS - SINK KNOBS - for sale by machine_roy on ebay item number 292719934411 in Whist.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt a tremor in the Force on Saturday, September 15, 2018. It was a presence I'd not felt since.... and I headed over to eBay and started to look through faucets but I was pulled away by responsibilities and couldn't finish the search. I should have started with sinks instead as I found this bad boy last night and about jumped out off of my stool until I scrolled down a bit and read,...

"On 15-Sep-18 at 13:13:15 BST, seller added the following information:Please note the Taps Have now been sold separately."

So, was it anyone here that got the faucet?

View attachment 843619

Congrats to whoever did, the chrome on these look spectacular in this photo even though the blue cold ring appears to be missing!

D'OH!!!
Man, that sucks! I was getting ready to be excited for you on the find.
I was not buyer, by the way :cry

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the blue ring might be there, just they have a tendency to deteriorate in condition and lose their color.

Not a bad idea! I have that same cone... probably a replica booster somewhere... pipe is easy enough...

Would go great with my future burner lamp...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back