The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Awesome work, Ellery! I especially love the box with the burlap, definitely looks like something we could have seen in Obi-Wan's hut.

Here is something I've made a few weeks ago, the frame must be the first cage made from RE I guess, the rest are real camera and drill parts (don't remember correctly if the parts are out of a Kango drill from the Aliens Motion Tracker or from a camera for the Skywalker Binoculars built):

It sits very solid and should be last an eternity. Hm, maybe I'm going to built this into the saber......

Hey @Sym-Cha ! Do you have a photo of the grenade end of the rod without the "neck-piece" attached?

I totally missed this inquiry ... sorry mate ... it only has a screw thread when the neck-piece is removed and it's a bit rounded ... as soon as I sort all the mess out in my house and find a vintage screw part in my dad's stash, I'll get back to putting this lightsaber together :wacko

Chaïm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all - just wanted to introduce myself to the group! I’m Michael - I’m on my way building my vintage Obi Wan. Looking forward to and appreciate the help and guidance of the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Michael it’s a fun but sometimes frustrating journey you have started. Even after getting all my parts I’m still looking for more. My goal now is a full Derwent engine to scavenge!

Hi guys and welcome aboard.

Please post pictures of your progress and do let us know which parts you still seek if need be :)

Chaïm

Yes welcome as well Cinistar.

As Sym stated we may be able to assist with the search, except for the booster as that seems to be the hard part to find now and I have a few people I’m already looking for...

It's crazy that the booster has become just as hard to find as the balance pipe, now. :wacko

I would 'like' this comment; except I really really don't. If, you take my meaning . ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back