The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Patrice’s measurements are close. There were minute differences between mine. I took my NOS Large Assembly (female) and measured it. OD is 55.84mm. ID is averaged out to 26mm, but interesting to note that the top ID was slightly smaller than 26mm, and the bottom ID was slightly larger than 26mm.

Small Assembly (male) OD is 2mm less.

Don’t take these as “the” measurements, because there could be slight variation due to machining, cleaning, wear, etc. But that is why I used the NOS one for measuring.

I don’t know what Russ was provided, but I believe Serafino/Howard provided him measurements. You can read about the first accurate run here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=10113&highlight=Serafino.

I calipered my Roman converted NOS male late last night while still pining over seeing that Junkyard Hales literally as the first “PM Sent” message went up. Bloody job! Now the cuts on mine will forever appear slightly curved and overlong. Lol!

Anyway, at 3am EST, the BP dimensions were: ID = 26.0mm at the bottom (didn’t think to do the top); OD = 55.8-55.9mm (I’d have to be awake and level the part and calipers to do any better there).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I calipered my Roman converted NOS male late last night while still pining over seeing that Junkyard Hales literally as the first “PM Sent” message went up. Bloody job! Now the cuts on mine will forever appear slightly curved and overlong. Lol!

Anyway, at 3am EST, the BP dimensions were: ID = 26.0mm at the bottom (didn’t think to do the top); OD = 55.8-55.9mm (I’d have to be awake and level the part and calipers to do any better there).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That was me - apparently the bloody job aspect doomed me too :( :(

I know it's not much to show compared to all of the amazing complete hilts in here, but it's my 2018 goal to complete my real parts Obi-Wan, so here's what I have in hand currently, along with a grenade waiting for me back in Ohio. I didn't really want to have the grenade shipped to Canada, so once I have all the other parts, I'll build it in Ohio and then crossing the border with a prop lightsaber makes way more sense than crossing w/ deactivated ordinance :)

I have a lead on the AS knob as well, but the booster and balance tube are my Spring/Summer hunts.

DSC_0658.JPG
(nicely aged clamp and 2 vintage transistors from parfaitelumiere)

To echo what so many have said in here already, Kenobi's saber is just brilliant. I love the Graflex and MPP, but once you know they are camera flashes, it's obvious, whereas Kenobi's is simply amazing. The fact that these random pieces fit together so perfectly, and that the props folks were able to suss that out astounds me.

Got a pretty exciting update to share with you guys!

Only one (big) piece away from completing my real parts Obi-Wan!

Huge shoutout to both teecrooz for selling me an awesome converted male balance pipe, and to ms80444 for working out a trade for a beautiful grenade!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a booster real soon!

E37419EE-94CE-4E8B-A160-3C53AFB95DC2.jpeg

It would be so awesome if someone came across a stash of boosters. Cause there's a bunch of us now who only need that piece to complete our builds (me included).

& as I've said before, where would this community be without Teecrooz? :)

Got a pretty exciting update to share with you guys!

Only one (big) piece away from completing my real parts Obi-Wan!

Huge shoutout to both teecrooz for selling me an awesome converted male balance pipe, and to ms80444 for working out a trade for a beautiful grenade!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a booster real soon!

Cool! I'm in a similar spot - thanks to mugatu for goodies with help and advice from teecroz and veektohr. Will post pics in coming days.

It would be so awesome if someone came across a stash of boosters. Cause there's a bunch of us now who only need that piece to complete our builds (me included).

& as I've said before, where would this community be without Teecrooz? :)

I double this!!!:angel

Regards,

Alberto

Now that I've learned the actual prices on boosters and balance pipes, I realize that this will probably be a multi-year project, which is fine. I just need to make sure my expectations are appropriately set. That said, I'll be getting a sink knob from NickCline (thanks!) after this payday, and a buddy is reasonably certain he has a grenade in storage that he'll get to me. Once pieces are in hand, I'll be sure to post pictures. I'll probably order Roman's replica booster and balance pipe once I have the grenade and handwheel, so that I can at least assemble something.

Question for the sink knob.
I can get the carriage bolt no problem. However, the bolts have that square bit under the head, & I can't find one thin enough that will allow the knob end cap to go back on. My Armitage has a raised flange inside that will keep the head of the carriage bolt to high.
IMG_0981.JPG
Is this normal? Is this something that you guys had to grind down? Or am I not finding the correct bolts?
I would love to be able to get the "C" cap with its blue ring back on after I get everything together.

Question for the sink knob.
I can get the carriage bolt no problem. However, the bolts have that square bit under the head, & I can't find one thin enough that will allow the knob end cap to go back on. My Armitage has a raised flange inside that will keep the head of the carriage bolt to high.
View attachment 791609
Is this normal? Is this something that you guys had to grind down? Or am I not finding the correct bolts?
I would love to be able to get the "C" cap with its blue ring back on after I get everything together.
I built mine with an M6 rod, had to use a cone adaptor fashioned to fit but meant no alterations to any of the parts. That way you can use a small bolt under the end cap too.

Thanks guys! :cheers

I built mine with an M6 rod, had to use a cone adaptor fashioned to fit but meant no alterations to any of the parts. That way you can use a small bolt under the end cap too.

I'll dig around the barn & see what I can find. Maybe I can continue to use the Romans threaded rod.

- - - Updated - - -

I used a regular full threaded bolt (no square bit under the head) and then sanded/ground down the head of the bolt:

https://i.imgur.com/lJRTeAo.jpg

If I can't find anything, I'll see about going with your technique.
Thank you for the picture!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 791612View attachment 791613View attachment 791614View attachment 791615View attachment 791616View attachment 791617View attachment 791618View attachment 791619

Here is one of mine. Its all vintage parts except the booster, which is a Serafino replica. The Balance Pipe is one of Roman's corrected male to female models. And the calc bubbles are not the correct version, but I wanted vintage over replica

That's beautiful!

Is there a reference picture of the sink knob with out the cap on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back