The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

It needs a smallll bit of cleanup still, maybe even a bit of polishing but I got a nice vintage D-Ring in as well.

ab1e19ca8b87796c685f770e8fe75208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming some of you are not on the Facebook groups, I'm gonna share this here as well.

Finally! After what seemed to me as an eternity (almost a full year) under the care of our good friend Christopher Scott, my real parts Obi saber has come back home to me in Puerto Rico.

Aside from being such an amazing prop to put together this saber means a lot to me. This was the only prop I took with me to Texas right after my island got destroyed by hurricane Maria. With the help of my brother and the awesome people of United Airlines, my family and I were able to get on a humanitarian flight out of the island having already spent a whole month with no electricity, running water, internet, or any type of communication systems. To my surprise it was there in Houston Texas where I would meet with Tim Jester (thanks to Chris again), who sold me the one missing part to my build. The infamous booster.

With everything that was going on at the time Chris and I came to an agreement to help me out with everything that was going on at the time and he took custody or my real parts Obi saber. After helping me source all the parts, he took great care of it for almost an entire year and now it has returned home to me.

Thanks Christopher for all your help and for taking care of one of my holy grails.

Attachments

• 43248148_10156982476107518_313140387604594688_n.jpg
    43248148_10156982476107518_313140387604594688_n.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 114
Absolutely gorgeous piece! It is truly a grail piece, & a work of art. :love

I love this group of amazing people here on the RPF!!! So many kind, encouraging, & supportive great folks here :cheers

I hope your home returns to better than normal in Puerto Rico, in the wake of Maria.

Everytime I see the lower profile transistors I think that I need to change mine up.

Had a member send me a couple a while back but I just got an empty envelope with two holes in it :lol.

Paper beats rock
Rock beats scissors
Transistors beats paper.

Everytime I see the lower profile transistors I think that I need to change mine up.

Had a member send me a couple a while back but I just got an empty envelope with two holes in it :lol.

Paper beats rock
Rock beats scissors
Transistors beats paper.

was this me? I have a ton of Operational Amplifiers in drawers, and I made the mistake of putting them in envelopes a year or two ago. Really stupid, I know.

If it was, I can send a few over in a bubble mailer asap - I feel really bad.

was this me? I have a ton of Operational Amplifiers in drawers, and I made the mistake of putting them in envelopes a year or two ago. Really stupid, I know.

If it was, I can send a few over in a bubble mailer asap - I feel really bad.

Haha, I don't remember anymore. It was a while back.

Yeah I'll take a couple.... lemme know if you need a few bucks mailer and I'll send it to ya.

Bonus is it's another excuse to take pictures and post!

Assuming some of you are not on the Facebook groups, I'm gonna share this here as well.

Finally! After what seemed to me as an eternity (almost a full year) under the care of our good friend Christopher Scott, my real parts Obi saber has come back home to me in Puerto Rico.

Aside from being such an amazing prop to put together this saber means a lot to me. This was the only prop I took with me to Texas right after my island got destroyed by hurricane Maria. With the help of my brother and the awesome people of United Airlines, my family and I were able to get on a humanitarian flight out of the island having already spent a whole month with no electricity, running water, internet, or any type of communication systems. To my surprise it was there in Houston Texas where I would meet with Tim Jester (thanks to Chris again), who sold me the one missing part to my build. The infamous booster.

With everything that was going on at the time Chris and I came to an agreement to help me out with everything that was going on at the time and he took custody or my real parts Obi saber. After helping me source all the parts, he took great care of it for almost an entire year and now it has returned home to me.

Thanks Christopher for all your help and for taking care of one of my holy grails.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/...48_10156982476107518_313140387604594688_n.jpg

It is so great to see this finally back in your hands! You can send it right back to me whenever you get tired of it.

Thank you for the wonderful post. I was happy to help you build it, connect the dots with you and Tim to help you both get the final pieces you needed for your hilts, and then again to be able to hold onto it for so long while everything got back in order. You know how hard it was to take pictures of my collection and not include this saber sitting on the shelf. I had to remove it each and every time I snapped a picture because I had to have it displayed this whole time.

Hopefully all your other packages will be arriving shortly.

;) check out my post in the JY - I'm like liquidating them i have so many.

Haha, I don't remember anymore. It was a while back.

Yeah I'll take a couple.... lemme know if you need a few bucks mailer and I'll send it to ya.

Bonus is it's another excuse to take pictures and post!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back