The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Hey, guys. Been following this thread for a while now and thought I would show my work in progress real parts Obi-Wan. Like many, I'm missing the two most sought after parts. Also hoping to upgrade my grenade if the opportunity ever presents itself.

IMG_7938.JPG

Big shoutout to Scott Juarez for always answering my questions and helping get this far in this long but rewarding journey.

Hey, guys. Been following this thread for a while now and thought I would show my work in progress real parts Obi-Wan. Like many, I'm missing the two most sought after parts. Also hoping to upgrade my grenade if the opportunity ever presents itself.

View attachment 778471

Big shoutout to Scott Juarez for always answering my questions and helping get this far in this long but rewarding journey.

Beautiful! You have quite the collection already :thumbsup

First time here. AMAZING thread!
@fightercaptured : That's fantastic seeing it all come together. Must feel Great!
@NickCline : I agree with russellsch, your collection is well on its way. In the end will they all get converted, or is there any part of you that wants to leave some of the pieces in their original form?

I enjoy following this thread and seeing all the beautiful builds people have, but there's one thing that puzzles me about many (but not all) real parts Obi-Wan builds I see... How can you invest years of searching and thousands of dollars collecting such obscure and disparate objects, all with the distant end goal of assembling a replica that is both ultra rare and uber accurate, and then when you finally reach that goal and put all the pieces of this treasure together... --wait for it-- ... you neglect to remove the square washer from the Graflex clamp??

My criticism is good natured, I just could stay silent no longer. :lol The pieces in this thread are truly beautiful, and the dedication and hard work that went into them impressive. Most impressive. :thumbsup

I enjoy following this thread and seeing all the beautiful builds people have, but there's one thing that puzzles me about many (but not all) real parts Obi-Wan builds I see... How can you invest years of searching and thousands of dollars collecting such obscure and disparate objects, all with the distant end goal of assembling a replica that is both ultra rare and uber accurate, and then when you finally reach that goal and put all the pieces of this treasure together... --wait for it-- ... you neglect to remove the square washer from the Graflex clamp??

My criticism is good natured, I just could stay silent no longer. :lol The pieces in this thread are truly beautiful, and the dedication and hard work that went into them impressive. Most impressive. :thumbsup

Someone mentioned once that without the washer, the lever may not stay snapped all the way down (that shot with lucas and mark near the landspeeder with the lever hanging out) if that's not true then idk why I do this lol

I make some accuracy gambles when it comes to function, being able to handle it, etc.

is anyone else scared of the weight of this entire monster hurting the plastic sink knob at the back?

Just for you Jedi Reali!

9a621f5432ccc620091c8ceb79d695aa.jpg

9142784c5efc91351ea7cca18ae67402.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont even have the transistors or d-ring attached to my all real parts saber (yet), so the square washer is no big deal.

:lol :love:love:love

...Don't do it for me, do it for accuracy ;)

It just goes to show that no matter how much you think you know about something, you can always learn something new. I appreciate the call out. Plus, all my Graflex have the square washer. This is one more thing to differentiate the Obi.

Never noticed Luke’s missing the square washer!

Anyone have a picture of what Tom is talking about with Lucas and Alec near the land speeder? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that one

is anyone else scared of the weight of this entire monster hurting the plastic sink knob at the back?

Don't forget that the actual part of the sink knob that you're securing everything to isn't plastic, but a fairly solid chunk of stainless steel. The only parts that are plastic are the outer cubes, topper and the sleeve. The only thing that would be a concern is the plastic cube that has the D-ring failing but I can't see anyone being nuts enough to actually wear their real parts out as a belt hanger! :wacko

..... I can't see anyone being nuts enough to actually wear their real parts out as a belt hanger! :wacko

After seeing some horrific photos of some drilling mishaps, I definitely won't be wearing mine (once completed). Thankfully my AS cube is drilled perfectly, but I still don't want to take the chance with the weight.

How are you guys displaying your original OWK's?? Someone recommended the box from Hobby Lobby. That's what I'm using but I don't like the lock so I'll have to modify it.

I bought an old wine gift box. Made from real wood, not plywood or something cheap like that. Eventually I'll get around to refinishing it. Its a tan color now and I want it a darker color. May or may not replace the hardware. Depends what I can find.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back