The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

It seems your transistor are too high, I definitely think it's a low TO5 or TO99 capsule not a high.
Height is about half the diameter for me.

My pommel is right side handwheel and not flippable, so my choosen version is a mix between tunisia and chronicle, meaning not flipped grenade, two washers, no cap,
and right side on pommel cubes, and probably emitter cone if the tunisia has cone inside, and in that case would be the death star wanisnhing obi lightsaber too...seems the chronicle has no cone.
le mien vraie grenade.PNG
Wrong russrep windvane on the photo as my original ring is cracked I prefer to display the russrep in conventions.
Tunisia version shot, even I don't flip the grenade for display, as it's easy to do I can flip it depending on what I want to show.
Flipped grenade on tunisia is romans find if I'm correct, as the threads are identical on both sides, but head is deeper than bottom, once flipped the thread is partially visble.
tunisia.png

Last edited:
Hey fezfox ! It could be that there are simply better photos of the Chronicles version. With better photos comes higher accuracy, more exact details for the specific parts, and less people telling you that you don't have a "correct" replica prop.

I have my Roman's Mk1 FX assembled that way for two reasons: one, it came with both washers and I knew I'd lose the other if I didn't use it, and two, If you invert the Roman's cubes in the pommel, there's a notch in the piece that looks weird because of the hole it creates at the very end of the cubes beneath the cap.

Ultimately, I think it's best to have both versions. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I received a rather nicely weathered RE Balance Pipe, thanks Juan, ... and I tried my vintage cone connector to see if it would fit ... now since as I explained earlier the cone is a magnetic piece it clung to the steel RE emitter naturally ... alas a set screw inside the emitter is holding my vintage cone connector back from going in further for now ... anyhow I took some pictures ... in due time this will be attached inside my real Balance Pipe ... for now enjoy :)

Vintage%20Cone%20emitter-01_zps3bcnbqay.JPG

Vintage%20Cone%20emitter-03_zpserihx2gl.JPG

Vintage%20Cone%20emitter-02_zpswsk5axdw.JPG

Chaïm

Last edited:
Today I received a rather nicely weathered RE Balance Pipe, thanks Juan, ... and I tried my vintage cone connector to see if it would fit ... now since as I explained earlier the cone is a magnetic piece it clung to the steel RE emitter naturally ... alas a set screw inside the emitter is holding my vintage cone connector back from going in further for now ... anyhow I took some pictures ... in due time this will be attached inside my real Balance Pipe ... for now enjoy :)

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Vintage%20Cone%20emitter-01_zps3bcnbqay.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Vintage%20Cone%20emitter-03_zpserihx2gl.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Vintage%20Cone%20emitter-02_zpswsk5axdw.jpg[/URL]

Chaïm

Wicked nice chaim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks . . . I so love that it's a genuine vintage found part . . . of all the parts I gathered sofar only one is still a modern piece ... the washer . . . fingers crossed I'll find a vintage, as in 1976 or older, washer someday :)

Chaïm

Last edited:
I have received part of a personal email conversation with Roger Christian and someone who likes to remain anonymous and I quote :

'Christian said that his friend, Roger Shaw was hired to set up a new department and created the Obi Wan sabers.'

That and the mentioning of Roger Shaw in his book of Roger Shaw setting up the same new department led me to conclude that Roger Shaw was the one who constructed OB1's lightsaber and perhaps that is the very reason of the lack of info in 'Cinema Alchemist' of Roger Christian's involvement in making said weapon of a more civilized age :)

Chaïm

The source is me. But the conversation itself was with prop collector and Roger. As my collector friend wants to keep it private he won't share the full conversation here. Sorry guys.

Roger Shaw did in fact make the OB1 saber and quite a few iconic props as well. Credits don't really mean anything if you think about older films since back then even cast members worked in art/prop department (just an example - Mark Hamill built a lot of Death Star sections, and was paid for it) and were credited just for acting.

missing her already... :( but glad it went to such a great person! I really tried to make that thing look like it came right off of the jet engine.

Ah thanks, mate ... I do have a nice steel weathered ANM2 booster that goes well with your former emitter and a real vintage 'C' pommel :)

Chaïm

OK...have a bernzomatic.

I've tried 3 passes and no luck on the grenade/stem so far.

I've done 2 passes of about 15 seconds at each 90 degrees of the way around and 1 pass of 30 seconds and I don't think it's moved.

How long are you supposed to hit it with heat?

----------------

WOOT! SUCCESS :) :)

After that last pass i re-youtubed it and the video said after heating, let it cool until it's touchable and hit it with wd-40 (i used PB). and give it a few minutes to penetrate. I gave it 10.

My screwdrivers have been wusses and bending and nearly all have plastic handles (it touches metal it melts)....so i took a 1.25" screw, stuck it through the hole - the grabbed Mr. Monkey Wrench, clamped down on the screw and was prepared to to give it all i had.

....it was if the grenade said 'oh @#$%!! - I give up'. Took next to no effort and unscrewed WAAAYYYY to easily for all the @#$% it gave me the last week.

Couple pics forth coming and they're a bit oily since they were in PB the past week a good deal. Before being torched like a torture victim (hey, i wouldn't have to go that far had it cooperated sooner, so it's really all the grenades fault :) )

What's a good method to clean them of all the oil/grease before stripping the body and blueing?

2pc.jpg

Last edited:
Late to the party. Thanks for this thread. It is very entertaining and gives always an interesting read.
Here's mine. All original vintage parts:
[url]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah166/Andymac84/IMG_2082_zpsdabf1arh.jpg[/URL]
Click to the pic and go to the site to watch all 12 pictures I've made.

Please add them pictures here since photobucket doesn't allow me access unless I unblock my add-blocker ... which I won't :wacko . . . and on top of that after I click your photo photobucket logs me out of my own photobucket too at the same time ... so I need to log back in ... very user-unfriendly it has become :angry

Chaïm

What's a good method to clean them of all the oil/grease before stripping the body and blueing?

Try mineral spirits and an old tooth brush, it should clean right up. Then dishsoap and water and dry it off with an old towel or microfiber cloth.

It looks like yours has similar cubes to Sym-Cha 's!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it seems Photobucket has taken the fun out of maintaining my daily regular visits here and on the forums ... and my body is telling me to slow down a bit from everything that has gone on in my life and with my late parents and emptying their house ... so it's time for a well earned vacation ... oh I'll be popping in once in a while yet not tributing with my pictures or as much with my comments as I used to ... I'll be lurking when I feel like it :)

Chaïm

Well it seems Photobucket has taken the fun out of maintaining my daily regular visits here and on the forums ... and my body is telling me to slow down a bit from everything that has gone on in my life and with my late parents and emptying their house ... so it's time for a well earned vacation ... oh I'll be popping in once in a while yet not tributing with my pictures or as much with my comments as I used to ... I'll be lurking when I feel like it :)

Chaïm

Sweet. Enjoy your vacay, Chaim.

Don't be TOO much a lurker... you're voice is a welcome one!

Chaïm

May you go somewhere beautiful, & restful my friend. Try something you've always wanted to do, & recharge your spirit. :cheers

Chaïm

Know what you mean. I've been slowing down as well, posting less and relaxing more, and feels great! Have a wonderful vacation my friend :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back