The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Hey Guys, I still need a booster remember?

You keep forgetting me!! Even who I helped with grenades, that helps everyone except me!:facepalm

Regards,

Alberto

Hey @juajn7fernandez ! LOOKS FANTASTIC! Super jealous of that gorgeous lipstick-kissed grenade.

Is that a Roman's grenade dressed up to mimic the real parts one?

This is truly a brilliant, shining silver lining, to what must have been a pitch black chasm of a cloud. I'm glad you're able to share its beauty with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @juajn7fernandez ! LOOKS FANTASTIC! Super jealous of that gorgeous lipstick-kissed grenade.

Is that a Roman's grenade dressed up to mimic the real parts one?

This is truly a brilliant, shining silver lining, to what must have been a pitch black chasm of a cloud. I'm glad you're able to share its beauty with us.

Thanks!

Yeah the loose grenade and booster there are whats left of my Roman's replica. I loved the red on my original grenade so much that I replicated it on the Roman. I also added all the extra parts leftover from the original (bottom cap, clips and the rod) and they fit perfectly on the replica.

Safely at Scotts place until I get home in a couple weeks from my work trip. The next two weeks are gonna drag!
Year and a half journey done for now! Now I guess I need to find myself a female balance pipe :)

Obi3.jpgObi2.jpgObi1.jpg

What does a Browning booster go for these days?
I have access to several .303s, but they would cost at least 1500 Euro plus s&h and PP fees. That´s for the booster (maybe even with nut/ cotter pins > have to check) and vented barrel jacket.

Any interest?

I would be very, very interested. It is the last part I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is that what a booster is going for?! :facepalm

That´s basically the cost for the FULL deac. Browning MK2, which we only need/ want the barrel jacket/ booster/ cone etc. of :(
Since I can not ship a deac. MK2 overseas, I will strip it for the needed parts and scrap the rest (which is worthless for any military collector then)

Insane, I know

Just throwing this out there...and it may not be something worth considering. But, would it be worth removing the booster and replacing it with a Roman or other replica and reselling the gun at a lower cost, maybe you could sell it for 500 euro for example making the part we need a little more affordable and not completely scraping a piece of history.

just throwing out ideas.

That´s basically the cost for the FULL deac. Browning MK2, which we only need/ want the barrel jacket/ booster/ cone etc. of :(
Since I can not ship a deac. MK2 overseas, I will strip it for the needed parts and scrap the rest (which is worthless for any military collector then)

Insane, I know

Just throwing this out there...and it may not be something worth considering. But, would it be worth removing the booster and replacing it with a Roman or other replica and reselling the gun at a lower cost, maybe you could sell it for 500 euro for example making the part we need a little more affordable and not completely scraping a piece of history.

just throwing out ideas.

Already thought about this buddy.,
BUT you have to keep in mind that the boosters are WELDED to the barrel jackets. Without proper tools (which I am lacking), you have to -partially- destroy the sleeve by grinding/ filing/ cutting the weld off and removing the booster. Been there, done that for my own booster (thanks again mugatu) and it is not funny...besides of that I won´t have the time to do this anyway.

I'll make this comment that based on my own recent purchase, 1500euros is definitely the correct ballpark for a booster alone.

These things are hard to come by.

I'd add, based on my own experience, that if a full vintage ANH/Obi-Wan saber were to ever to come on the market, you'd expect it to be around $10,000USD

That is accurate, last complete I saw for sale was right around that price.

I always thought the grenade was the hardest part to find, boy was I wrong

I honestly don’t know the going rate for grenades? I’ve seen

Male balance pipes (converted) 750
Clamps 150-180
Sink knobs 250-400
Boosters 1500euros
Grenades ??
Calculator 250

Are these prices accurate?

Edited with better quotes from owners 10/19/18

Balance pipe (male): 1000-1500
Balance pipe (female): 1500+
Clamps: 150-180
Boosters: 1500 euros (1800 US dollars)
Grenades: 2000 (good condition)
Sink knob: 250-400
Calculators: 250
Resistors: cheap enough to not have to worry about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is accurate, last complete I saw for sale was right around that price.

I always thought the grenade was the hardest part to find, boy was I wrong

I honestly don’t know the going rate for grenades? I’ve seen

Male balance pipes (converted) 750
Clamps 150-180
Sink knobs 250-400
Boosters 1500euros
Grenades ??
Calculator 250

Are these prices accurate?

From my experience, even the male BPs are sold for 1000-1500 usd these days.
Decently conditioned grenades fetch up to 2000 easily

Danny’s plus Markus’ amounts are about right. There are always ranges, especially if you find it yourself on a non-auction site.

From my experience, even the male BPs are sold for 1000-1500 usd these days.
Decently conditioned grenades fetch up to 2000 easily

I thought I saw good grenades in that rang as well, well didn’t actually see them but saw posts saying a good grenade is 2000 but I didn’t believe it

Wow. So boosters going for 1500euros is a freak’n steal!!

Also forgot to put in my post that you had pricing for a male converted BP at $1,000- $1,500. Accurate female BPs are more.

Grenades aren't that expensive over here. They seem to go for about 600 GBP and I see them fairly often. Just haven't got 600 quid at the minute unfortunately!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back