Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Florida
    May 1, 2017, 7:52 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #201

matty matt said: View Post
    I have a real G R A F L E X clamp and vintage transistors. Can I be in the club too? Lol.
    Jump in Matt, the water's fine!
    From
    Dracula's Castle
    May 1, 2017, 11:25 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #202

Panaflex said: View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	southpark.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	725831
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 1, 2017, 1:00 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #203

matty matt said: View Post
    I have a real G R A F L E X clamp and vintage transistors. Can I be in the club too? Lol.
    Ha ... I hope you realize ... once you're in ... you'll be on your OB1 quest ... oh and additional creditcards are mandatory

Cham
    From
    United Kingdom
    May 1, 2017, 4:22 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #204

Great shot of the Kobold
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 1, 2017, 4:38 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #205

Indeed Marv, can you believe that vintage Kobold Flashguns are going into the same range as genuine OB1 parts when it comes to value

Cham
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 1, 2017, 4:49 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #206

@Marv ... will you be joining us soon, with great pictures of your OB1 vintage parts lightsaber, please?

Cham

Marv said: View Post
    Great shot of the Kobold
    May 1, 2017, 5:35 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #207

Vintage OB1 Parts gifted by fate to the custody of Fusion:

NOS Female BP (previously identified as male): ex Edraven99 ex Roman (snip snip) ex teecrooz ex Marv ex ???

No.3 Mk I Grenade: ex mugatu ex Marv ex teecrooz ex ???

Current AS Handwheel: ex kurtyboy (referral by Edraven99, thanks) ex 'a bath somewhere in London'???

Exactra 20* : ex 'anonymous eBay seller' ex ???

G R A F L E X Clamp : ex eBay ex ???

Transistors: ex ???

ANM2 Booster + Bearing: merely a hope & a prayer.

Besides hoping and praying - hard - I'm working to verify and extend the provenance/genealogy out past those ???

Marv, tried to PM you about that, but your message box appears clogged. If you ever get bored, PM me?

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    May 1, 2017, 6:32 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #208

Woohoo!!! Cannonball!
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 2, 2017, 5:11 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #209

@Fusion ... parfaitelumiere is offering vintage transistors with washers : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=274999

Cham
  10. RPF Premium Member userd1402's Avatar
    From
    UK
    May 2, 2017, 8:37 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #210

Nice! Is that handwheel metal or chromed plastic? Love the weathering on it. Looking for a beat up one now...
    The handwheel is a mixture of alloy and plastic. The metal part is the central disk with it's square hole in the centre for fitting over the tap head. This is threaded and a chromed plastic sleeve screws onto it, the chromed plastic cubes 'ring' slides over that and the cap finishes it all off. It's the 'hot' tap but has no colour band under the cap.

This is my latest and most accurate pommel. I have the newer, larger, AS handwheel on my Roman's ANH.
    This one came to me from _Lee_ here on the rpf and I don't intend to have it re-chromed. I like the patina of age and Star Wars stuff is never clean!
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 2, 2017, 5:42 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #211

This is the preview picture of my No.3MKI grenade as taken by teecrooz before I approved it worthy enough to become mine ... the main difference with other grenades shown in this thread is the thinner outer edges of the rings . . . as to why they are quite unique in their thinner shape I still remain in the dark ... I love how the outer rim of the top ring (seen here on the right) is quite sharp in shape and hardly has any cuts from the a-symmetric longer cuts in the rest of the body . . . yes it turned out that the cuts are a-symmetric as opposed to symmetric as seen on the original OB1 lightsaber . . . here's a lovely picture with vintage/replica parts belonging to Franz Bolo to explain exactly what I mean :

For now this is the grenade I'll have to work with in putting together my OB1 ... I intend to use
    the long metal rod (seen on top), that came along with this grenade, also inside my lightsaber
    instead of new threaded stock ... don't ask me how, because I don't know yet ... all I want is to
    keep all the parts involved as vintage as possible ... and if I wait just long enough to cobble this
    lightsaber together even my washers will become vintage too

Cham
  12. RPF Premium Member Panaflex's Avatar
    From
    Florida
    May 2, 2017, 6:40 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #212

Very nice Chaim. I've been pondering the vintage rod as a replacement for the modern stock as well. So far, I've got no good solutions that don't incorporate more new parts...
    Perhaps the group can come up with something together.

I had also also wanted to use the round brass piece that screws onto the rod as the cone with some machining but it's the wrong size by a lot.
  13. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    May 2, 2017, 10:18 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #213

Very nice Chaim. I've been pondering the vintage rod as a replacement for the modern stock as well. So far, I've got no good solutions that don't incorporate more new parts...
    Perhaps the group can come up with something together.

I had also also wanted to use the round brass piece that screws onto the rod as the cone with some machining but it's the wrong size by a lot.
    Actually @Andymac84 had the best solution to this; he used essentially a rubber plug to attach his grenade to his BP. I've been thinking about doing the same but I've been too lazy to hunt for an appropriate piece:

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php...=1#post3043756
    Last edited by Edraven99; May 3, 2017 at 11:54 AM.
    May 2, 2017, 10:34 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #214

Oh how I wish I could find a grenade.

Yeah, I know, a sentence like that could put me on a government watch list.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 3, 2017, 5:53 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #215

Speaking of which ... this is how my home looks like, from the inside since last year ...

Thanks Edraven99 . . . I have lots of vintage rubber rings and parts in my dad's toolbox
    . . . if only I knew where I put it down in and amongst all those crates and boxes

Cham
  16. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    May 3, 2017, 11:48 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #216

@Sym-Cha So you have the Holy Grail in your house!
  17. RPF Premium Member Panaflex's Avatar
    From
    Florida
    May 3, 2017, 11:55 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #217

Since grenades came up, here's one of my favorite pics of mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5949.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	726198
  18. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    May 3, 2017, 12:57 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #218

roygilsing said: View Post
    @Sym-Cha So you have the Holy Grail in your house!
    Actually, I would think it is the ark of the covenant that had held the 10 commandments.

Mark
    May 3, 2017, 1:04 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #219

I love the warehouse picture. If only my basement were a Tardis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    May 3, 2017, 1:36 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #220

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    Speaking of which ... this is how my home looks like, from the inside since last year ...

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps5x5bz7ry.jpg

Thanks Edraven99 . . . I have lots of vintage rubber rings and parts in my dad's toolbox
    . . . if only I knew where I put it down in and amongst all those crates and boxes

Cham

Huh, i'd have sworn that was Teecrooz's garage...
  21. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    May 3, 2017, 1:51 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #221

cboath said: View Post
    Huh, i'd have sworn that was Teecrooz's garage...
    Nah... that's just his closet... you should *see* his garage
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 3, 2017, 4:55 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #222

Cham
    May 3, 2017, 8:31 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #223

If only my junk room was as organized as that matte painting.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 4, 2017, 6:39 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #224

Cham
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 6, 2017, 6:46 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #225

Whilest searching for more OB1 pictures ... I found this remarkable cutaway of OB1 As First Build yet still the ANH version ... which I just had to share ... even if not made of vintage parts ... I love it

Cham