The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Hey @eethan,
Welcome aboard!

I was just going to suggest getting that Roman's replica and then sourcing individual vintage parts and replacing pieces on the Roman's as you move forward.
I found this very satisfying because I had an Obi to look at while the hunt continued. Each time you get another vintage piece, it's like Christmas. A lot of fun to watch your build change over time.

Best of luck if you decide to go for it.

Last edited:
I'm not a lightsaber collector and I still enjoy reading this thread. It is so cool when people go deep into the rabbit hole looking for all these hard to find parts, and in the end build one of the most iconic props out there. :thumbsup

Hey @eethan,
Welcome aboard!

I was just going to suggest getting that Roman's replica and then sourcing individual vintage parts and replacing pieces on the Roman's as you move forward.
I found this very satisfying because I had an Obi to look at while the hunt continued. Each time you get another vintage piece, it's like Christmas. A lot of fun to watch your build change over time.

Best of luck if you decide to go for it.

Hey, thanks Panaflex for your answer, yeah it's what I was thinking too, I'll surely soon order a Roman's. Not sure I'll ever complete it with all vintage correct parts but that would already be a nice replica with some original parts!
Thanks guys and I'll stop hijacking that thread so you guys can continue posting dreamy pictures for us to enjoy :)

That's actually not the correct one. Its the more modern version. Also, the posting of live auctions is not allowed.

I also referred my inquiry to the position of the longer vs. shorter slope/angle of the pommel cubes itself. The Tunisia lightsaber has the original position as they came on the water taps ... whereas the Mechanismo/Chronicles pictures have them turned 180º
Chaïm

Always Tunisia, for the simple reason that this is the first ever appearance on screen of a lightsaber.

Baseline-Reference.jpg

Baseline-Reference.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spotted this on UK eBay tonight if anyone's interested. I'm not very well read on this subject so not sure how much condition matters or even if it's the right one?

Thanks Reacher and welcome to the OB1 forum ... do you collect any vintage parts already? To enlighten you what KhalDrogo meant by no live auctions allowed ... due to the fact that folks here follow those live auctions before they commit to bid hence the code of conduct has been no direct links to auctions in posts ... only after those auctions have closed ... still feel free to join the conversation or perhaps even share your own OB1 vintage parts quest, please :)

Chaïm

I' don't know halliwax ... I'm not such a big fan of the use of foil tape just to cover up a brand name like G R A F L E X ... anyhow now that I look closer at the picture userd1402 re-posted in this thread ... I find it more than likely that the belt of OB1 is being reflected in the pommel endcap ... look at the blue sky in the pommel cubes or the reflection of Sir Alec Guinness his left hand . . . so most likely the pommel endcap was there on the pommel . . . and I can even make out a 'C' . . . yet I might be biased on that, since Chaïm starts with a 'C' :wacko

Chaïm

I' don't know halliwax ... I'm not such a big fan of the use of foil tape just to cover up a brand name like G R A F L E X ... anyhow now that I look closer at the picture userd1402 re-posted in this thread ... I find it more than likely that the belt of OB1 is being reflected in the pommel endcap ... look at the blue sky in the pommel cubes or the reflection of Sir Alec Guinness his left hand . . . so most likely the pommel endcap was there on the pommel . . . and I can even make out a 'C' . . . yet I might be biased on that, since Chaïm starts with a 'C' :wacko

Chaïm

I can't say I see tape here, what questions my mind is that I would figure we could see the graflex grooves in the clamp.

The hero on the Death Star I'm pretty sure has zero tape.

And a theory of mine is the only reason the tape is on the chronicles saber is because they didn't want GRAFLEX showing in the photo in fear of legal reasons.

I was just curious what everyone else thinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what are you guys using for your coupling of the emitter to the grenade, also known as cone section? Has anybody used a vintage booster bearing, yet?

Chaïm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back