Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940
Subscribe
    From
    UK
    1 Week Ago  Apr 10, 2018, 9:09 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #976

Kalel76 said: View Post
    Good score!

So there's a couple variants when it comes to No3 Mk1's? One with the smooth/solid bottom ring and one with the 'nicks' in? Didn't know that...
    1 Week Ago  Apr 10, 2018, 9:32 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #977

It's not likely that the timing will ever work out like this again but...
    Back to back deliveries in the last two days. Today's:
    From
    Sydney, Australia
    1 Week Ago  Apr 10, 2018, 10:32 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #978

Woah. How the heck? Kudos!

Tips plz!
  4. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Apr 10, 2018, 11:22 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #979

andyroo said: View Post
    Good score!

So there's a couple variants when it comes to No3 Mk1's? One with the smooth/solid bottom ring and one with the 'nicks' in? Didn't know that...
    Heh... there are more than a 'couple' of variants... these were all hand tooled and so depending on the person doing the tooling, the factory it came out of, the day of the week, etc. they're *all* variants...

That's why depending on how OCD you are, it isn't about just finding a Hales grenade, it's finding one with all of the "correct" variants....
    From
    Washington DC
    1 Week Ago  Apr 10, 2018, 11:24 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #980

fezfox said: View Post
    Pleased to have any feedback! Re: text - I am not sure there's enough objects to fill each quarter, and I had a specific design in mind. Of course I could try something completely different.

In this context I found the OB1 (I do get your point about it) sort of gave it that "military badge" feel which I kind of liked....Obi-Wan wouldn't quite work, and it also *slightly* mystifies the whole thing for those not in the know.

I'll work on it on the weekend.
    Personally, I like the OB 1 for just the reason you outline. It would be nice to include the clamp somehow. But I'd try to keep the "unit number". Maybe you can squish the clamp a bit in one dimension and us it in place of the '1' or something?
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Apr 10, 2018, 12:37 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #981

The poster found in the wild too?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Sydney, Australia
    1 Week Ago  Apr 10, 2018, 7:14 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #982

Fusion said: View Post
    It would be nice to include the clamp somehow.
    Did you see the second version?
  8. RPF Premium Member NickCline's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Apr 10, 2018, 7:24 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #983

It's not likely that the timing will ever work out like this again but...
    Back to back deliveries in the last two days. Today's:
    https://youtu.be/rYkl3W7JTV8
    Still super geeked for you, dude! Glad that guy was able to pry that second one off. He was sure he couldnt unscrew it when I had the choice of the two. Both are beautiful pieces!

Congrats again!

From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Apr 10, 2018, 8:29 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #984

A grenade AND a booster in 48hrs???? I'm on fire with jealousy!!!

Major congrats on these finds!
    1 Week Ago  Apr 11, 2018, 7:30 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #985

NickCline said: View Post
    Still super geeked for you, dude! Glad that guy was able to pry that second one off. He was sure he couldn’t unscrew it when I had the choice of the two. Both are beautiful pieces!

Congrats again!
    Thanks Nick! Just following in your footsteps It's also in better shape than it looked from the pictures. I'm happy to cross Booster off the list!
    1 Week Ago  Apr 11, 2018, 4:00 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #986

Day 3,
    Just received my female balance pipe...
    Kidding...
    Just wanted to clarify that my grenade and booster were from dealers. When halliwax asked, "from another member here or found in the wild?" I just said wild. But when I think of the wild, I usually think swap meets or flea markets. I say this because I'll eventually post all my parts' lineage.
    Now where is that dang balance pipe?!
  12. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Apr 11, 2018, 6:20 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #987

Day 3,
    Just received my female balance pipe...
    Kidding...
    Just wanted to clarify that my grenade and booster were from dealers. When halliwax asked, "from another member here or found in the wild?" I just said wild. But when I think of the wild, I usually think swap meets or flea markets. I say this because I'll eventually post all my parts' lineage.
    Now where is that dang balance pipe?!
    I was gonna say if you found a booster in the wild holy hell!
  13. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Apr 11, 2018, 6:20 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #988

I wonder the reason for members here to sell these pieces.. are the extra? Or just tired of waiting to complete the saber so they give up? Im just wondering why the pieces exchange so many hands?

From
    Sydney, Australia
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 4:36 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #989

halliwax said: View Post
    I wonder the reason for members here to sell these pieces.. are the extra? Or just tired of waiting to complete the saber so they give up? I’m just wondering why the pieces exchange so many hands?
    Priorities change.Life presents reasons to realise the capital gain. Other projects beckon!
  15. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 5:30 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #990

I wonder the reason for members here to sell these pieces.. are the extra? Or just tired of waiting to complete the saber so they give up? I’m just wondering why the pieces exchange so many hands?

Thrill of the hunt? You spent years and thousands of dollars putting one together and then what? Having one is far less exciting for some than the process of acquiring one.
  16. RPF Premium Member NickCline's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 12:11 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #991

Thanks Nick! Just following in your footsteps It's also in better shape than it looked from the pictures. I'm happy to cross Booster off the list!
    You need to post a family photo of all your pieces so far!

17. RPF Premium Member NeoRutty's Avatar
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 2:41 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #992

I've sold off parts as upgrades became available... like I had a great grenade, but then Edraven gave me a chance at a better one, so sold off and bought his.
  18. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member Serenity's Avatar
    From
    over there
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 2:52 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #993

The grenade is the main thing I'd like to upgrade on mine someday, but I'm in no real rush. I'm happy just to have a finished saber right now.
    6 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 7:36 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #994

NickCline said: View Post
    You need to post a family photo of all your pieces so far!
    You're right, I do. I'm planning on it but my Graflex is still boxed up and buried in my storage closest. I'll have more time this summer to get it all out and do that.