The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Indeed ... Markus ... not seen on screen ... so no need to add ... unless you want to go full Mechanismo/Chronicles based pictures ... it's up to your preference :)

Chaïm

Oh man! Ya know it's going to be one of those days when you get up out of bed, lose your equilibrium, and nearly fall in to your to-do pile on the table and floor around it, then you drop your breakfast under the car when you try to scramble to work, you wonder why you're so hungry and what's taking so long for your lunchtime to arrive until you realize your work clock has a dead battery and it's already 5:00PM, and when you finally make it home your glass of milk/protein mix is sitting on the counter where you'd forgotten it from the morning rush out the door.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one having a rough day! @NeoRutty has lost yet another part. WA-WA-WA-WAAAAA. :lol @Sym-Cha has exposed us all to Darth Vader's DARK SIDE (aka 50 Shades of Darth). :$ And @Edraven99 has clearly lost his marbles (only a crazy person would lay their priceless bit of unobtainium down on concrete!) :eek And somehow @OdiWan72 has failed to see that we're supposed to have two complete REAL PARTS OBI-WAN KENOBI LIGHTSABERs (one ANH and one Chronicles) ;)

Though I would totally take bets that the three times @Edraven99 set his RPOB1KL down on the concrete, it was the most gentle, painstakingly slow process for each new angle to be photographed. And admittedly, it looks cool on that particular patch of weathered ole concrete, but it would have looked even better sans door mat and shoes.:rolleyes

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.... and hoping it's more normal!

Last edited:
Thanks ... can we expect your OB1 vintage lightsaber in progress soon in here?

Chaïm

I'd love to post a finished build photo one day. However, at the moment I only have a Roman weathered Obi-Wan, & so far have only replaced the transistors on it with real low profile ones. I don't feel a photo of mine is warranted, on this thread, next to complete & more completed sabers than mine.
I do have a real - already drilled (thank you Kurtyboy) - Cold Armitage sink knob, although it's not installed yet. I also have, both, an Exactra 19 & 20, the 20 still works great. Thank you, Chaïm, for the help in getting those. But, I'm waiting to crack open the 19 until I get a real GRAFLEX clamp for its bubble strip to go in. I'm replacing replicated parts for real ones, when I can. & I do want to thank Roman for making such a spectacular replica. It is a thing of beauty.

Indeed ... Markus ... not seen on screen ... so no need to add ... unless you want to go full Mechanismo/Chronicles based pictures ... it's up to your preference :)

Chaïm

Sorry for asking the same question over and over again :lol
I just want to make sure, that I doing this correctly...not keen on messing it up.

Sooooo...with the clamp detail not being present on the screenused saber and considering the fact, that I probably won´t add the D-ring to my handwheel, I am ready to reassemble my saber :cool

Ran into a problem, since the current BP adapter/ cone is too small for my new BP. It was a perfect fit for my converted male (from the 1st engine), but slides right through my new female BP. In addition to that I wanted the cone to sit deeper in the BP, which wouldn´t be possible due to its height.

Found another, smaller cone with a slightly too big O.D. Will try to ghetto lathe it down tomorrow and post some pictures asap.

Thanks again guys!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man! Ya know it's going to be one of those days when you get up out of bed, lose your equilibrium, and nearly fall in to your to-do pile on the table and floor around it, then you drop your breakfast under the car when you try to scramble to work, you wonder why you're so hungry and what's taking so long for your lunchtime to arrive until you realize your work clock has a dead battery and it's already 5:00PM, and when you finally make it home your glass of milk/protein mix is sitting on the counter where you'd forgotten it from the morning rush out the door.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one having a rough day! @NeoRutty has lost yet another part. WA-WA-WA-WAAAAA. :lol @Sym-Cha has exposed us all to Darth Vader's DARK SIDE (aka 50 Shades of Darth). :$ And @Edraven99 has clearly lost his marbles (only a crazy person would lay their priceless bit of unobtainium down on concrete!) :eek And somehow @OdiWan72 has failed to see that we're supposed to have two complete REAL PARTS OBI-WAN KENOBI LIGHTSABERs (one ANH and one Chronicles) ;)

Though I would totally take bets that the three times @Edraven99 set his RPOB1KL down on the concrete, it was the most gentle, painstakingly slow process for each new angle to be photographed. And admittedly, it looks cool on that particular patch of weathered ole concrete, but it would have looked even better sans door mat and shoes.:rolleyes

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.... and hoping it's more normal!

:lol:thumbsup
You are aware of the consequences, right? Now I need THREE Obi ANH lightsabers for my collection :cool

(to my excuse, I am a blaster guy, so I am officially allowed to repeatedly ask dumb lightsaber-related questions :lol )

OdiWan72 you do realise and being a blaster guy . . . you added post #66 just now? By the way there are no dumb questions ... just questions ... looking forward to your upgrades ... will you pass your converted male Balance Pipe forward to another OB1 vintage parts builder?

Chaïm

Last edited by a moderator:
@OdiWan72 you do realise and being a blaster guy . . . you added post #66 just now? By the way there are no dumb questions ... just questions ... looking forward to your upgrades ... will you pass your converted male Balance Pipe forward to another OB1 vintage parts builder?

Chaïm

Thanks for encouraging me Chaim ;)

Don´t know if I´ll sell my male BP...really really dig Edraven´s display. Feel inspired to copy it *hehe* :cool
BTW...I think I like this BP the most. LOVE the natural weathering/ patina on this specimen !!!

IMG_4096_zpsdd58jigv.jpg

Thanks for encouraging me Chaim ;)

Don´t know if I´ll sell my male BP...really really dig Edraven´s display. Feel inspired to copy it *hehe* :cool
BTW...I think I like this BP the most. LOVE the natural weathering/ patina on this specimen !!!

By all means, copy away! I'd love to see different takes on it! :)

So how many correct female Balance Pipes are devided between you and Edraven99 from all the engines that were tracked down, Chris? I just want to know how many correct real parts lightsabers are assembled or being collected and assembled at this moment in time . . . and between how many rpf members?

Also I still miss contributions by Anakin Starkiller, parfaitelumiere, eventhough he has sold his, Kurtyboy (?) and Serenity of whom I know have been in the game ... Since at least 4 Derwent Rolls Royce jet-engines have been found, whilest I am on my quest, and scavaged for their precious parts ... there should be at least 4 x 9 = 36 female BP's in collections around the globe ... right?

Alec%20Guinness%20as%20OB1-01_zpsm3mxiaat.JPG

Chaïm

Last edited:
List removed. It was intended to be helpful, not a means for unsolicited offers to purchase a balance pipe from those on the list. Sorry to anyone who might have received PMs from members wanting to purchase one. As far as I know, I was the only one to receive these communications, but am still removing the information.

Last edited:
I got my balance pipe on the very first engine find...I think it was back in 2006? I just recall Serafino sending out an email to a small group of people and I made the list. This is right after Chris Trevas and Serafino made the discovery...

I got my balance pipe on the very first engine find...I think it was back in 2006? I just recall Serafino sending out an email to a small group of people and I made the list. This is right after Chris Trevas and Serafino made the discovery...

Updated the list!

Dan, I'm going to be sending you an email or PM soon about a No.3. :D

Updated the list!

Dan, I'm going to be sending you an email or PM soon about a No.3. :D

Thanks Chris! This thread has definitely been a trip down memory lane. I can't believe it's been over a decade since this journey started. Technically, I obtained the graflex clamp first (sometime in 2003 or 2004) so it's probably been even longer than that! The balance pipe came in 2006 and I believe I got the booster and handwheel a few years later. I've been holding out on that dang grenade for 8 or 9 years lol. Wow...I'm feeling old...

Dan

Thanks Chris ... I know Howard sold his OB1 lightsaber too ... still that makes about 27 members in total who owned an OB1 lightsaber with the correct female Balance Pipes :)

Chaïm

Here is my current setup. I am about to pick up two Detolf cases, so I might be copying Dave @Edraven99 shortly also.
Are you sure there's gonna be enough shelves with only 2 Detolfs? :lol

an email or PM soon about a No.3. :D
Speaking of emails and PM's....

If anyone is already in contact with the Derwent that is out there, could you PM me too. I know someone had mentioned they found one but it wasn't the right Mk No. or didn't have the updated balance pipes. I'm just curious if it's the one I found Googling around the other day.

I need to pull out all my parts (maybe i can this weekend) and do an as-is trial fit :)

Pretty sure i've got all 7/7. The only piece I might be short is a washer. As I said, i need to pull them all out and put it together.

I remember the engine buy from after the fact back in '06 and was disappointed I didn't get in. Then i saw what people paid per part and was like, 'ehhh, a replica is just fine' :) :) Lo and behold 10 years later my mind clearly changed. You really can't beat the original pieces and the weathering that can occurr over 100 years. I can't believe the grenades are that old...the history in all the pieces is just jaw dropping to me, which is why i want to put together one of those part displays someday as well.

I did update my first post for all those members whom are mentioned in teecrooz's list to add their pictures of completed or still 'a work in progress' or even 'sold already' all vintage parts OB1 ANH lightsabers :)

Chaïm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back