The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

@Panaflex here's my vintage metal 'cone' part which is partly magnetic and it has a set screw to hold one end of the rod . . . as for the other end I need a vintage screw/bolt that has the same thread inside as the grenade neck-piece you can see attached here ...

View attachment 759204

Chaïm

Very cool Chaim. I remember you mentioning the vintage cone, love it.

So your idea for the pommel end is to have just the threads from the neck-piece stick out of the square pommel hole for the nut to attach to? Hmm, this is interesting...
My dilemma will be the cone end for sure. The cone may wind up being the only non vintage part in the whole saber.

Indeed and I do have a little room either in the cone or in the pommel to make a tight fit for all the parts involved ... or at least that's my theory for now .... usually for real there will always be some hurdles to overcome . . . first I have to find a vintage nut to my liking in my dad's stash . . . this is a full time task on it's own mind you :wacko

Chaïm

Have you guys seen the all new Hot Toys OB1 figure? Or is this the same figure as used by teecrooz and fightercaptured? :wacko

View attachment 759150

Chaïm

P.S. By the way I just checked and I can use the vintage metal rod that came with the grenade inside my OB1 lighstaber build ... I just have to figure out what kind of vintage end screw to use inside the pommel to keep all the parts together ... only vintage parts allowed :wacko

The head sculpt looks more like the Jnix and the outer robe looks like a different material than the hot toys one I have. I like it!

You know... it's kind of sad how much of the above @teecrooz list I actually have :wacko lol

(btw... it's a vintage Graflex box, not the manual... and I'm pretty sure his M2 booster bering is vintage and not a replica)

That's right! It's the full box that the flash and reflector came in. The manual is in the box. And the bearing is a real one. It came with Roman's real booster and I convinced him to sell it to me.

@Ridire Firean I think most of us would love to copy Teecrooz's collection [emoji4]. I already had the Obi figure, but totally admit that seeing his display inspired me to seek out that photo of Sir Alec Guinness.

I only bought my signature after seeing @Edraven99's. The reason our collections are similar is because we feed off each other, help each other find things, and message quite a bit. Our plaque's are the same because he sent me one as a gift!

......The reason our collections are similar is because we feed off each other, help each other find things, and message quite a bit.....

This statement is the absolute truth! My collection wouldn't be half what it is today, were it not for the kindness, knowledge, craftsmanship, & inspiration of my fellow collectors from around the world.
I love seeing others collections, big or small, because I get inspired. & yes, sometimes I see a display setup that I fall in love with & copy. Mimicking being flattery & all.

The head sculpt looks more like the Jnix and the outer robe looks like a different material than the hot toys one I have. I like it!

Indeed it was just confirmed by the owner that the head sculpt is not Hot Toys nor is the clothing and even the body parts are swapped ... so it's a one off customized OB1 ... just so everyone who would like to have the same for their display knows ... not straight from Hot Toys but an upgrade! :wacko

Chaïm

It is a Jnix head. Here is what the owner said:

"That is correct... obi wans clothing is not hot toys either... it is from a 3rd party company.. and i used a dx12 body and swapped out the forearms for ttm22 ones..."

Thanks @Sym-Cha and @scottjua and @teecrooz !

I see the difference in the stock head vx JNiX head hairlines now.

There's a couple of guys on the Sideshow Freaks Forum that have swapped out the HotToys inner robes with the Hasbro ones and they look very nice.

I think with a bit of the paint techniques that were used to paint the JNiX head, that the HotToys head might actually look more like Sir Alec. The JNiX head has his eyes too close together.

I also think I need to save the $260+ though and just sculpt him myself.

I only bought my signature after seeing @Edraven99's. The reason our collections are similar is because we feed off each other, help each other find things, and message quite a bit. Our plaque's are the same because he sent me one as a gift!

Well... I think as most people on this thread will agree with me that the help being offered is a little more coming from you than not... but I appreciate the sentiment and am glad to help out in any way I can ;)

Since the Hot Toys OB1 figure + upgrade is not within budget ... I'll have to do with a 3.75" action figure and whilest I wait for the new TLJ release of OB1 ... in the mean time I enjoy my Luke Episode VII action figure which is finally released in the TLJ line ... it took me 7 toystores to track him down :wacko

Chaïm

Since the Hot Toys OB1 figure + upgrade is not within budget ... I'll have to do with a 3.75" action figure and whilest I wait for the new TLJ release of OB1 ... in the mean time I enjoy my Luke Episode VII action figure which is finally released in the TLJ line ... it took me 7 toystores to track him down :wacko

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4346/36520065763_02235e2a93_o.jpg

Chaïm

Google Oldboy CTTS... he does custom paint jobs for the 6 inch Black Series line... here's his Obi:

CiKhKwHUYAA_TDS.jpg

Yes Sym-Cha I feel the fear of your budget growing within you. Let the fear flow through you. Achieve your custom Obi-Wan figure as my master has forseen it!....

LIGHTSABER - 1-6TH SCALE - QQB - at SideShowCollectors dot com - HOW TO - 10.jpg
This figure was customized by QQB at SideShowCollectors.com. Here's how he did it...
LIGHTSABER - 1-6TH SCALE - QQB - at SideShowCollectors dot com - HOW TO - 01.jpg

I just HAD to go looking into that whole Guild Group. Now I'm gonna be looking for all this stuff now too. And it's all your fault! ;)

p.s. How sidetracked is this thread?:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure to mask the back of that sucker off if you're going to sand it! $100 lesson ;) And thanks for getting us back on track!

I'll bring the thread back!

I have an exactra again! TOMORROW I SMASH IT OPEN AND RIP OUT ITS PRECIOUS BUBBLE STRIP!!!

Then I gotta figure where my transistors that match are. They're somewhere in one of my many boxes... good thing they're not TINY.

OB1%20-%20LIGHTSABER%20-%20OBI-WAN%20KENOBI%20-%20ANH%20-%20CHRONICLES%20-%20TOM%20JUNG%20PHOT...JPG

Test* - Wow there's some kind of add-on Photobucket-fix for firefox/chrome that lets me see some of the posted Photobucket pictures again . . . yet not most of mine except this last one which I just uploaded again from Pb . . . alas folks I'm still not going to re-upload all the other 1560 pictures from my Photobucket library . . . at least I hope I can use some pictures again via Pb to serve this community . . . which makes a little more happy. Just let me know if this picture above of OB1's lightsaber is still not available to you after you have added the PB fix add-on to your browser :wacko

Chaïm

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back