Subscribe
    From
    Florida
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 5:02 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #751

franz bolo said: View Post
    Finally had a chance to assemble it. This is a rough test fit pic.
    Attachment 778052
    I machined an adapter for the Balance Pipe yesterday out of brass with 2 o-rings so it won't wobble and fit tight.
    Attachment 778054

Test fitting
    Attachment 778056

I also machined an aluminum spacer. I need to tap some transistor holes next.
    Wow, great work! I'd be interested in an adapter like that if you were to make more.
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 4:11 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #752

That is a very professional looking adapter!
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 4:59 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #753

franz bolo said: View Post
    I machined an adapter for the Balance Pipe yesterday out of brass with 2 o-rings so it won't wobble and fit tight.
    Two questions
    1. does it fit onto a Roman's bolt
    2. are you making more? I want one!
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 6:01 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #754

Thanks. I made it up as I went. I have to make another for my replica but that's probably it. The threading is for a 1/4 20 rod. Not sure what any of the other adapters are.
  5. RPF Premium Member fightercaptured's Avatar
    From
    Fayetteville, AR
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 10:29 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #755

Wanted to update the status of my real parts Obi as complete! Was able to secure the elusive booster recently and now I can call this one finished! Much thanks to @teecrooz without whom none of this is possible! Also a nod to @Marv for his help with the female BP! So excited to have this in my collection!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obi 5.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	778454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obi 1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	778455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obi 2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	778456

Name:	Obi Display.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	750.6 KB 
ID:	778458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obi 4.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	778459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obi 3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	778460
  6. this space left blank RPF Premium Member James Kenobi 1138's Avatar
    From
    Dallas Texas
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 10:50 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #756

Looks great !
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 11:23 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #757

Gorgeous! So jealous!!
  8. RPF Premium Member fightercaptured's Avatar
    From
    Fayetteville, AR
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 11:27 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #758

russellsch said: View Post
    Gorgeous! So jealous!!
    Thanks Russell! You'll be there soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Plano, TX (Dallas)
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 11:28 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #759

Super duper DOPE! I pick mine up frequently to nerd out to the max. Such a cool object, made perfectly from an amalgam of ridiculously unrelated parts.
  10. RPF Premium Member fightercaptured's Avatar
    From
    Fayetteville, AR
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 11:38 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #760

scottjua said: View Post
    Super duper DOPE! I pick mine up frequently to nerd out to the max. Such a cool object, made perfectly from an amalgam of ridiculously unrelated parts.
    Couldn't agree more Scott! Thanks for your help with the transistor conversion too!

11. RPF Premium Member NickCline's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 1:16 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #761

Hey, guys. Been following this thread for a while now and thought I would show my work in progress real parts Obi-Wan. Like many, I'm missing the two most sought after parts. Also hoping to upgrade my grenade if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Name:	IMG_7938.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	778471

Big shoutout to Scott Juarez for always answering my questions and helping get this far in this long but rewarding journey.
    1 Week Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 5:22 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #762

13. Chris RPF Premium Member teecrooz's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 8:11 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #763

Good to see it all come together! It looks fantastic.
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 8:12 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #764

NickCline said: View Post
    Hey, guys. Been following this thread for a while now and thought I would show my work in progress real parts Obi-Wan. Like many, I'm missing the two most sought after parts. Also hoping to upgrade my grenade if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Name:	IMG_7938.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	778471

Big shoutout to Scott Juarez for always answering my questions and helping get this far in this long but rewarding journey.

Beautiful! You have quite the collection already
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    1 Week Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 2:07 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #765

First time here. AMAZING thread!
    @fightercaptured : That's fantastic seeing it all come together. Must feel Great!
    @NickCline : I agree with russellsch, your collection is well on its way. In the end will they all get converted, or is there any part of you that wants to leave some of the pieces in their original form?
    From
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 2:51 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #766

I enjoy following this thread and seeing all the beautiful builds people have, but there's one thing that puzzles me about many (but not all) real parts Obi-Wan builds I see... How can you invest years of searching and thousands of dollars collecting such obscure and disparate objects, all with the distant end goal of assembling a replica that is both ultra rare and uber accurate, and then when you finally reach that goal and put all the pieces of this treasure together... --wait for it-- ... you neglect to remove the square washer from the Graflex clamp??

My criticism is good natured, I just could stay silent no longer. The pieces in this thread are truly beautiful, and the dedication and hard work that went into them impressive. Most impressive.
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 4:33 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #767

Jedi Reali said: View Post
    I enjoy following this thread and seeing all the beautiful builds people have, but there's one thing that puzzles me about many (but not all) real parts Obi-Wan builds I see... How can you invest years of searching and thousands of dollars collecting such obscure and disparate objects, all with the distant end goal of assembling a replica that is both ultra rare and uber accurate, and then when you finally reach that goal and put all the pieces of this treasure together... --wait for it-- ... you neglect to remove the square washer from the Graflex clamp??

My criticism is good natured, I just could stay silent no longer. The pieces in this thread are truly beautiful, and the dedication and hard work that went into them impressive. Most impressive.
    Someone mentioned once that without the washer, the lever may not stay snapped all the way down (that shot with lucas and mark near the landspeeder with the lever hanging out) if that's not true then idk why I do this lol

I make some accuracy gambles when it comes to function, being able to handle it, etc.

is anyone else scared of the weight of this entire monster hurting the plastic sink knob at the back?
  18. RPF Premium Member fightercaptured's Avatar
    From
    Fayetteville, AR
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 6:18 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #768

Just for you Jedi Reali!

From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 6:30 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #769

I dont even have the transistors or d-ring attached to my all real parts saber (yet), so the square washer is no big deal.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 9:30 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #770

...Don't do it for me, do it for accuracy
  21. RPF Premium Member fightercaptured's Avatar
    From
    Fayetteville, AR
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 10:19 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #771

...Don't do it for me, do it for accuracy
    It just goes to show that no matter how much you think you know about something, you can always learn something new. I appreciate the call out. Plus, all my Graflex have the square washer. This is one more thing to differentiate the Obi.

From
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 10:35 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #772

fightercaptured said: View Post
    It just goes to show that no matter how much you think you know about something, you can always learn something new. I appreciate the call out. Plus, all my Graflex have the square washer. This is one more thing to differentiate the Obi.
    Actually, the best reference we have of the ANH Luke seems to suggest it is missing its square washer as well.

Name:	anhluke.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	778725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToePic.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	778724
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 8:19 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #773

Never noticed Lukes missing the square washer!

Anyone have a picture of what Tom is talking about with Lucas and Alec near the land speeder? I dont think Ive ever seen that one

24. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 9:46 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #774

thd9791 said: View Post

is anyone else scared of the weight of this entire monster hurting the plastic sink knob at the back?
    Don't forget that the actual part of the sink knob that you're securing everything to isn't plastic, but a fairly solid chunk of stainless steel. The only parts that are plastic are the outer cubes, topper and the sleeve. The only thing that would be a concern is the plastic cube that has the D-ring failing but I can't see anyone being nuts enough to actually wear their real parts out as a belt hanger!
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 10:03 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #775

Edraven99 said: View Post
    but I can't see anyone being nuts enough to actually wear their real parts out as a belt hanger!
    It would pull your pants down!