The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Thanks guys for the kind words! Panaflex You know it brotha! Just a matter of time.

I did get a few questions on my PM from some of the members, about the assembly and how its being held together.

I'm using one of romans static rods and emitter cone. In my case the cone just required a little bit of sanding around the edge and it went in to my BP pretty good. its tight enough to hold it firmly in place, but I can pull it out with just a bit of force. On the other side ( inside the pommel wheel) I have a hex nut that I trimmed down to fit in the cavity. Also had to drill the square hole of the hand wheel to fit my Romans rod. As for the spacer, I just cut one out myself out of some stainless steel tubing I had left over.

IMG_3711.JPG IMG_3712.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG IMG_3714.JPG IMG_3715.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
juajn7fernandez thanks for the photos! Two questions.
1. can you show a shot of how you got the nut to fit in the handwheel
2. what did you use for the washer under the transistor?

Kudos!

Last edited by a moderator:
@juajn7fernandez thanks for the photos! Two questions.
1. can you show a shot of how you got the nut to fit in the handwheel
2. what did you use for the washer under the transistor?

Kudos!

I tell you what i did on mine - i cheated. :)

I used a, uh, i wanna say 3/8" X 3" lg hxhd bolt to go from inside the grenade into the emitter cone. Bought a back of washers which was super cheap in case i had to pad it out a bit (i think i needed 2-3).

For the pommel - i wound up going back to the store because you can't fit a 3/8" bolt through the square hole without drilling the hole out to 3/8" round - so i picked up a 1/4" bolt for that. The 1/4" bolt goes from inside the sink knob and attaches with washers into the booster. You then use Roman's spacer to attach the two ends together.

Wasn't my idea, was Roman's. I just tweaked it a bit (down to a quarter inch in the pommel). I figured I could have drilled it out, but I didn't want to take the chance of damaging the knob, so 75 cents for a smaller bolt was a no-brainer :)

Hey @juajn7fernandez ! That grenade is gorgeous!

I wish I'd known @parfaitelumiere was selling it. :(

If anyone ever finds another grenade like this one, please think of me and let me know where it is so that I might buy it.

Yeah, that gave me a world-class case of grenade envy, too. Lol! Gotta keep telling myself to be thankful for what I got... Now, if I could only 'get' my hands on a real booster... :)

Does anyone have a count on how many complete vintage parts OB1 there are in "the wild"? Doubtful there'd be any that didn't come via the RPF.

Juan, that piece is gorgeous! Seems like you and I have been on the quest at the same time with about the same results. I too am in need of only the booster at this point. Just waiting for my BP to arrive in the mail and then I'll post pics.

Does anyone have a count on how many complete vintage parts OB1 there are in "the wild"?

Yes, there was a great list several pages back, but the owner's were getting unsolicited sales requests, so it was deleted.

You'll just have to make up your own list, for your own knowledge. It's a fun list to generate, I've done it myself, and I'll say that by the end of your journey looking for them, you'll have read some great build threads, show off threads, and seen some spectacular ALL REAL PARTS OBI-WAN KENOBI LIGHTSABER REPLICAS!!!

Amazing piece Juan! I ended up using a carriage bolt (those ones with a square shoulder) to sit in my sink knob. Transitioned the threads somewhere in my booster with a coupling nut. Here's my old set-up:

DSCN3387.jpg

I've since upgraded sink knobs to a more accurate one thanks to Kurtyboy, and used a big ol' carriage bolt instead of that brass furniture one.

I still have a barrel, a barrel extension and two backplates I have no use for.

Where'd you get the barrel? ;)
Seriously though, how much do you want for the barrel? I have most of the other necessary remaining Browning parts (not including the side plates that is... but those can be had too). And even real machine gun aficionados have their elusive parts to track down. You think finding a booster is tough? Try locating a disintegrating belt in .303!

Where'd you get the barrel? ;)
Seriously though, how much do you want for the barrel? I have most of the other necessary remaining Browning parts (not including the side plates that is... but those can be had too). And even real machine gun aficionados have their elusive parts to track down. You think finding a booster is tough? Try locating a disintegrating belt in .303!

Check your email!

In excess of $USD3000 - and that's without including the booster

Well that maybe the current rate for all the separate parts, that's not what I paid for mine ... though I was lucky getting my booster early on from the member who discovered the original part for a fair price ... then again I paid the jackpot for my first handwheel after many hours of searching ebay, than I found another for far less and one that was part of the deal for the balance pipe . . . when I'd put together the one with the cheapest parts it's about half of yours including the booster otherwise it would be another $1000 :wacko That said an all vintage parts OB1 ANH coming from my infamous collection would make it priceless, of course :lol

Chaïm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back