The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Well, so much for that strategically unexpressed idea. I can see I'm already n-th in line there, too... lol. :-$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm clearly a newb, but I have to say I think the Browning Booster is harder to come by than the balance pipe - there's been a converted male BP on the JY for a little while.

I was talking about the incorrect BPs. I sincerely hope you didn't pay that much for an incorrect one. A converted male, fine. I could see that. But an incorrect one like what teecrooz posted? Nope.

Nah I bought the correct (but male one) and after converting that it is coming out to about that. May also be in the market for a correct Armitage shanks handwheel soon... not there yet, but maybe in the coming weeks.

I'm clearly a newb, but I have to say I think the Browning Booster is harder to come by than the balance pipe - there's been a converted male BP on the JY for a little while.

Mostly because they are on very expensive guns. Those that weren't put on the train and sent to the scrapyard, that is...

I know where to find two right now, but I'm in the wrong country and spending the equivalent of $3,200 just for the booster is crazy talk!

Same here. I still have some gun parts from the last booster I bought that I haven't tried to resell yet. Not sure if its even worth it. They're so heavy, I'm sure shipping would be nuts. I had offered the seller who was a gun collector his asking price but just send me the booster and he said no.

Same here. I still have some gun parts from the last booster I bought that I haven't tried to resell yet. Not sure if its even worth it. They're so heavy, I'm sure shipping would be nuts. I had offered the seller who was a gun collector his asking price but just send me the booster and he said no.

Wow, they really do hate us don't they? Lol.

Honestly I dont think he knew what I wanted it for. My only regret was that he had 2 parts sets, each with boosters. I should've bought both of them. Would've been great trade bait.

Got lucky with mine on both in that its just the booster and FH and also on the price. Seller was an older gun collector, accepted check only, and I don't think he even had a clue about the SW thing because the price was so low and he seemed excited when after I "cold call emailed him" he emailed me back about having it "still attached to the FH". Nice guy!

So I finally feel like I've got something decent to add to this thread and join the group. All real parts except the booster. I wasn't really planning on tackling this project this year but I am more than pleased with how its turned out. ( the other grenade in the backgrounds is a Romans replica sporting the leftover parts from the real grenade on the hilt). I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back