Subscribe
    From
    New York
    Oct 7, 2017, 9:07 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #676

Son of a...! Missed another one putting those rotten kids to bed.

Beautiful work getting that bad boy cleaned up and everything turning once again, Dustin!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Oct 8, 2017, 8:02 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #677

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...y.jpg~original

Roy from wannawanga and Master Sym-Cha at STAR WARS Identities in Utrecht

Cham
    Wicked cool photo!!!
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    Oct 10, 2017, 1:54 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #678

GIANT PICTURE DUMP! (and it will be a double post since this will go into my own builds thread...)

I can finally say this is finished! (Well unless I find a booster with a weld and clear exactra... I'll take those, heh)

After my realtor threw out my exactra strip, I got a bit set back and then lazy about finishing after @mugatu hooked me up with a new one..

So tonight I finally finished off the exactra and re-did my transistors to ones that looked better and matched. And that's it! It's finished.

I also had did one of those cheap boxes for myself when I made one for my brother. Looks good to me.

So thanks to @teecrooz for helping me get started on all this - the grenade auction that started this all was one of the more thrilling moments in my life, ha.
    @Edraven99 for the trades!
    @mugatu for hooking up the exactra.
    @Sym-Cha @Romansempire @Scuttjua @Jameskenobi for answering my queries as tried to find out all I could about this prop.

From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Oct 10, 2017, 2:47 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #679

Excellent Obi-Wan lightsaber build NeoRutty

Cham
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    Oct 10, 2017, 7:35 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #680

Very cool! That plaque is a nice touch, too.
    From
    New York
    Oct 10, 2017, 8:10 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #681

Awesome work, Ellery! I especially love the box with the burlap, definitely looks like something we could have seen in Obi-Wan's hut.
  7. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Oct 10, 2017, 8:13 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #682

Congrats El! She looks awesome!
    From
    South Carolina
    Oct 10, 2017, 12:12 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #683

Such a thing of beauty!
    I might have to hit up my local Hobby Lobby. Love that box too
    From
    Vilshofen - Germany
    Nov 1, 2017, 4:28 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #684

Here is something I've made a few weeks ago, the frame must be the first cage made from RE I guess, the rest are real camera and drill parts (don't remember correctly if the parts are out of a Kango drill from the Aliens Motion Tracker or from a camera for the Skywalker Binoculars built):

It sits very solid and should be last an eternity. Hm, maybe I'm going to built this into the saber......
    From
    Vilshofen - Germany
    Nov 1, 2017, 6:16 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #685

From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Nov 1, 2017, 1:06 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #686

That's freakin' awesome Andymac84

Cham
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Nov 1, 2017, 1:14 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #687

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Hey @Sym-Cha ! Do you have a photo of the grenade end of the rod without the "neck-piece" attached?
    I totally missed this inquiry ... sorry mate ... it only has a screw thread when the neck-piece is removed and it's a bit rounded ... as soon as I sort all the mess out in my house and find a vintage screw part in my dad's stash, I'll get back to putting this lightsaber together

Cham
  13. RPF Premium Member
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 18, 2017, 6:44 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #688

Hey all - just wanted to introduce myself to the group! Im Michael - Im on my way building my vintage Obi Wan. Looking forward to and appreciate the help and guidance of the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. RPF Premium Member
    From
    'Merica
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 18, 2017, 8:22 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #689

Welcome Michael its a fun but sometimes frustrating journey you have started. Even after getting all my parts Im still looking for more. My goal now is a full Derwent engine to scavenge!
    From
    Waipahu, HI
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 18, 2017, 9:03 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #690

Hello!

I guess I should post in here too, seeing as how I do a great job lurking here.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 6:43 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #691

Hi guys and welcome aboard.

Please post pictures of your progress and do let us know which parts you still seek if need be

Cham
  17. RPF Premium Member
    From
    'Merica
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 11:20 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #692

Yes welcome as well Cinistar.

As Sym stated we may be able to assist with the search, except for the booster as that seems to be the hard part to find now and I have a few people Im already looking for...
  18. RPF Premium Member veektohr's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 11:27 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #693

It's crazy that the booster has become just as hard to find as the balance pipe, now.
    From
    Washington DC
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 6:31 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #694

veektohr said: View Post
    It's crazy that the booster has become just as hard to find as the balance pipe, now.
    I would 'like' this comment; except I really really don't. If, you take my meaning . ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  20. RPF Premium Member juajn7fernandez's Avatar
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 10:28 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #695

does anyone here have the metal tape pattern? They seem to have been taken down by photobucket.
  21. RPF Premium Member
    From
    'Merica
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 12:22 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #696

As on the clamp?
  22. RPF Premium Member juajn7fernandez's Avatar
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 12:25 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #697

Yup the tape one the clamp. Some one had shared a few pictures illustrating the pattern but they seem to have fallen victim to the Photobucket massacre.

DrkSideTndncies said: View Post
    As on the clamp?
  23. RPF Premium Member
    From
    'Merica
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 1:05 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #698

I based mine off of a saber scottjua did and can send you pics of mine if you want. Not sure how accurate it is but it looks good in my opinion.
  24. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 6:07 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #699

why people always use too high transistor caps?
  25. RPF Premium Member fightercaptured's Avatar
    From
    Fayetteville, AR
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 9:53 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #700

Juan, here's a link to the thread that I used for my tape pattern. Photos still active from what I can tell. https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=25085

juajn7fernandez said: View Post
    does anyone here have the metal tape pattern? They seem to have been taken down by photobucket.