Subscribe
    From
    Plano, TX (Dallas)
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 16, 2017, 7:54 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #626

teecrooz said: View Post
    The head sculpt looks more like the Jnix and the outer robe looks like a different material than the hot toys one I have. I like it!
    that is a Jinx sculpt head. Not a new version from hot toys. He's got a custom head for a few of his.
    From
    South Carolina
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 16, 2017, 8:04 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #627

......The reason our collections are similar is because we feed off each other, help each other find things, and message quite a bit.....

This statement is the absolute truth! My collection wouldn't be half what it is today, were it not for the kindness, knowledge, craftsmanship, & inspiration of my fellow collectors from around the world.
    I love seeing others collections, big or small, because I get inspired. & yes, sometimes I see a display setup that I fall in love with & copy. Mimicking being flattery & all.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 17, 2017, 6:51 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #628

The head sculpt looks more like the Jnix and the outer robe looks like a different material than the hot toys one I have. I like it!
    Indeed it was just confirmed by the owner that the head sculpt is not Hot Toys nor is the clothing and even the body parts are swapped ... so it's a one off customized OB1 ... just so everyone who would like to have the same for their display knows ... not straight from Hot Toys but an upgrade!

Cham
  4. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 17, 2017, 8:51 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #629

Hey @Sym-Cha ! So, who did the upgrade?
  5. Chris RPF Premium Member teecrooz's Avatar
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 17, 2017, 9:55 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #630

It is a Jnix head. Here is what the owner said:

"That is correct... obi wans clothing is not hot toys either... it is from a 3rd party company.. and i used a dx12 body and swapped out the forearms for ttm22 ones..."
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 17, 2017, 12:06 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #631

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Hey @Sym-Cha ! So, who did the upgrade?
    Pm send

Cham
  7. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 18, 2017, 12:55 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #632

Thanks @Sym-Cha and @scottjua and @teecrooz !

I see the difference in the stock head vx JNiX head hairlines now.

There's a couple of guys on the Sideshow Freaks Forum that have swapped out the HotToys inner robes with the Hasbro ones and they look very nice.

I think with a bit of the paint techniques that were used to paint the JNiX head, that the HotToys head might actually look more like Sir Alec. The JNiX head has his eyes too close together.

I also think I need to save the $260+ though and just sculpt him myself.
  8. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 18, 2017, 12:15 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #633

I only bought my signature after seeing @Edraven99's. The reason our collections are similar is because we feed off each other, help each other find things, and message quite a bit. Our plaque's are the same because he sent me one as a gift!
    Well... I think as most people on this thread will agree with me that the help being offered is a little more coming from you than not... but I appreciate the sentiment and am glad to help out in any way I can
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 19, 2017, 4:24 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #634

Since the Hot Toys OB1 figure + upgrade is not within budget ... I'll have to do with a 3.75" action figure and whilest I wait for the new TLJ release of OB1 ... in the mean time I enjoy my Luke Episode VII action figure which is finally released in the TLJ line ... it took me 7 toystores to track him down

Cham
  10. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 19, 2017, 4:42 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #635

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    Since the Hot Toys OB1 figure + upgrade is not within budget ... I'll have to do with a 3.75" action figure and whilest I wait for the new TLJ release of OB1 ... in the mean time I enjoy my Luke Episode VII action figure which is finally released in the TLJ line ... it took me 7 toystores to track him down

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4346/...235e2a93_o.jpg

Cham
    Google Oldboy CTTS... he does custom paint jobs for the 6 inch Black Series line... here's his Obi:

11. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 19, 2017, 7:13 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #636

Yes @Sym-Cha I feel the fear of your budget growing within you. Let the fear flow through you. Achieve your custom Obi-Wan figure as my master has forseen it!....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LIGHTSABER - 1-6TH SCALE - QQB - at SideShowCollectors dot com - HOW TO - 10.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	759865
    This figure was customized by QQB at SideShowCollectors.com. Here's how he did it...

Name:	LIGHTSABER - 1-6TH SCALE - QQB - at SideShowCollectors dot com - HOW TO - 01.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	759866

I just HAD to go looking into that whole Guild Group. Now I'm gonna be looking for all this stuff now too. And it's all your fault!

p.s. How sidetracked is this thread?
  12. RPF Premium Member NeoRutty's Avatar
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 19, 2017, 8:21 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #637

I'll bring the thread back!

I have an exactra again! TOMORROW I SMASH IT OPEN AND RIP OUT ITS PRECIOUS BUBBLE STRIP!!!

Then I gotta figure where my transistors that match are. They're somewhere in one of my many boxes... good thing they're not TINY.
  13. RPF Premium Member fightercaptured's Avatar
    From
    Fayetteville, AR
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 20, 2017, 8:59 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #638

Make sure to mask the back of that sucker off if you're going to sand it! $100 lesson And thanks for getting us back on track!

NeoRutty said: View Post
    I'll bring the thread back!

I have an exactra again! TOMORROW I SMASH IT OPEN AND RIP OUT ITS PRECIOUS BUBBLE STRIP!!!

Then I gotta figure where my transistors that match are. They're somewhere in one of my many boxes... good thing they're not TINY.
  14. RPF Premium Member NeoRutty's Avatar
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 20, 2017, 12:28 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #639

fightercaptured said: View Post
    Make sure to mask the back of that sucker off if you're going to sand it! $100 lesson And thanks for getting us back on track!

Oh I tape it up... that's what led to the last being thrown out with the other scraps on my work table by a panicked realtor.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 21, 2017, 9:02 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #640

Test* - Wow there's some kind of add-on Photobucket-fix for firefox/chrome that lets me see some of the posted Photobucket pictures again . . . yet not most of mine except this last one which I just uploaded again from Pb . . . alas folks I'm still not going to re-upload all the other 1560 pictures from my Photobucket library . . . at least I hope I can use some pictures again via Pb to serve this community . . . which makes a little more happy. Just let me know if this picture above of OB1's lightsaber is still not available to you after you have added the PB fix add-on to your browser

Cham
    Last edited by Sym-Cha; 4 Weeks Ago at 1:51 PM.
    From
    South Carolina
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 21, 2017, 9:14 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #641

I see nothing , but thanks for trying. It really sucks too, cause your photo collection alone I have found to be very helpful. You have museum quality stuff, my friend.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 21, 2017, 9:18 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #642

Thanks russellsch ... well I refreshed this page and even with the add-on in place ... the picture just @#$%^&*()_+! vanished

Edit :
    . . . and I found another solution thanks to google ... in the Pb IMG Code but with ~original added between jpg and the [IMG] by means of editing in this forum ... my pictures should now all be available again ... as it is for me

Cham
    Last edited by Sym-Cha; 4 Weeks Ago at 2:39 PM.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 21, 2017, 3:17 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #643

I can see the saber find chaim! Wicked trick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 21, 2017, 3:29 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #644

All my pictures in this thread should be visible again, I'm not certain I'll do the same for the 1500 + posts with pictures of mine ... I hope the rpf team will resolve this for me ... meanwhile if there's any picture of mine you'd like me to fix again send me a PM with the post#link ... always willing to serve the community

Cham
    From
    South Carolina
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 21, 2017, 6:16 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #645

I can see 'em now! WOO-HOO!!!!
  21. RPF Premium Member Remote People's Avatar
    3 Weeks Ago  Sep 23, 2017, 5:07 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #646

Found an original part at an airshow today - just need to persuade one off the only airworthy Bristol Blenheim in the UK.

Name:	IMG_1860.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	869.9 KB 
ID:	760913
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    3 Weeks Ago  Sep 23, 2017, 5:25 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #647

Ha! Good luck on that one! Awesome find, though. I also got to wondering if those are original. I seem to remember seeing people talk about Russ' replicas (or maybe it was Roman's) on some gun collector websites. Its not entirely unlikely that people in other hobbies could be using the replica parts to complete their builds as well.
    3 Weeks Ago  Sep 23, 2017, 7:02 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #648

On at least one gun collector website I saw one of us trying to find a booster whilst appearing as a gun collector.

A "real" gun collector said "if you can't find a real one, the ones made by the star wars nerds are very accurate".
  24. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    From
    'Merica
    3 Weeks Ago  Sep 23, 2017, 7:32 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #649

If they are correct just use a sharp hack saw and get all of 'em!
  25. RPF Premium Member Remote People's Avatar
    3 Weeks Ago  Sep 24, 2017, 2:08 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #650

We are all Star Wars nerds!
    Last edited by Remote People; 3 Weeks Ago at 3:25 AM.