Subscribe
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    Aug 25, 2017, 6:02 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #551

Same here. I still have some gun parts from the last booster I bought that I haven't tried to resell yet. Not sure if its even worth it. They're so heavy, I'm sure shipping would be nuts. I had offered the seller who was a gun collector his asking price but just send me the booster and he said no.
    From
    Florida
    Aug 25, 2017, 7:21 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #552

KhalDrogo said: View Post
    Same here. I still have some gun parts from the last booster I bought that I haven't tried to resell yet. Not sure if its even worth it. They're so heavy, I'm sure shipping would be nuts. I had offered the seller who was a gun collector his asking price but just send me the booster and he said no.
    Wow, they really do hate us don't they? Lol.
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    Aug 25, 2017, 7:24 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #553

Honestly I dont think he knew what I wanted it for. My only regret was that he had 2 parts sets, each with boosters. I should've bought both of them. Would've been great trade bait.
  4. RPF Premium Member
    From
    'Merica
    Aug 25, 2017, 10:00 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #554

Got lucky with mine on both in that its just the booster and FH and also on the price. Seller was an older gun collector, accepted check only, and I don't think he even had a clue about the SW thing because the price was so low and he seemed excited when after I "cold call emailed him" he emailed me back about having it "still attached to the FH". Nice guy!
    Aug 25, 2017, 10:32 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #555

Where do you find these guys?
  6. RPF Premium Member
    From
    'Merica
    Aug 25, 2017, 11:39 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #556

My crystal ball
  7. RPF Premium Member juajn7fernandez's Avatar
    Sep 3, 2017, 6:20 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #557

So I finally feel like I've got something decent to add to this thread and join the group. All real parts except the booster. I wasn't really planning on tackling this project this year but I am more than pleased with how its turned out. ( the other grenade in the backgrounds is a Romans replica sporting the leftover parts from the real grenade on the hilt). I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Sep 3, 2017, 6:38 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #558

Man that is sweet! Are you using a Roman's spacer inside the graflex? And a Roman's rod?
  9. Chris RPF Premium Member teecrooz's Avatar
    Sep 3, 2017, 8:36 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #559

Looks great Juan! I never get tired of seeing these put together.
    Last edited by teecrooz; Sep 4, 2017 at 12:59 AM.
  10. RPF Premium Member Panaflex's Avatar
    From
    Florida
    Sep 3, 2017, 9:34 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #560

Looking good man. Don't give up on the last part. You'll get there. That's a fine piece you have there.
  11. RPF Premium Member juajn7fernandez's Avatar
    Sep 3, 2017, 9:49 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #561

Thanks guys for the kind words! @Panaflex You know it brotha! Just a matter of time.

I did get a few questions on my PM from some of the members, about the assembly and how its being held together.

I'm using one of romans static rods and emitter cone. In my case the cone just required a little bit of sanding around the edge and it went in to my BP pretty good. its tight enough to hold it firmly in place, but I can pull it out with just a bit of force. On the other side ( inside the pommel wheel) I have a hex nut that I trimmed down to fit in the cavity. Also had to drill the square hole of the hand wheel to fit my Romans rod. As for the spacer, I just cut one out myself out of some stainless steel tubing I had left over.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3711.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	756292 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3712.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	756293

Name:	IMG_3713.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	756294 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3714.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	756295 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3715.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	756296
    Sep 3, 2017, 10:13 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #562

@juajn7fernandez thanks for the photos! Two questions.
    1. can you show a shot of how you got the nut to fit in the handwheel
    2. what did you use for the washer under the transistor?

Kudos!
  13. RPF Premium Member newmagrathea's Avatar
    From
    Kansas City MO
    Sep 3, 2017, 10:22 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #563

I have a video on this up on youtube. There are a couple ways it can be done.

fezfox said: View Post

Kudos!
    From
    South Carolina
    Sep 4, 2017, 7:43 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #564

newmagrathea said: View Post
    I have a video on this up on youtube. There are a couple ways it can be done.
    Could you post a link?
    Sep 4, 2017, 9:16 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #565

Kudos!
    I tell you what i did on mine - i cheated.

I used a, uh, i wanna say 3/8" X 3" lg hxhd bolt to go from inside the grenade into the emitter cone. Bought a back of washers which was super cheap in case i had to pad it out a bit (i think i needed 2-3).

For the pommel - i wound up going back to the store because you can't fit a 3/8" bolt through the square hole without drilling the hole out to 3/8" round - so i picked up a 1/4" bolt for that. The 1/4" bolt goes from inside the sink knob and attaches with washers into the booster. You then use Roman's spacer to attach the two ends together.

Wasn't my idea, was Roman's. I just tweaked it a bit (down to a quarter inch in the pommel). I figured I could have drilled it out, but I didn't want to take the chance of damaging the knob, so 75 cents for a smaller bolt was a no-brainer
  16. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Sep 4, 2017, 9:59 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #566

Hey @juajn7fernandez ! That grenade is gorgeous!

I wish I'd known @parfaitelumiere was selling it.

If anyone ever finds another grenade like this one, please think of me and let me know where it is so that I might buy it.
  17. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Sep 4, 2017, 10:03 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #567

Hey @russellsch ! Here's one of newmagrathea's videos....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQCsrJdAM9M
  18. RPF Premium Member newmagrathea's Avatar
    From
    Kansas City MO
    Sep 4, 2017, 10:09 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #568

Here you go.

russellsch said: View Post
    Could you post a link?
    From
    Washington DC
    Sep 4, 2017, 11:18 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #569

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Hey @juajn7fernandez ! That grenade is gorgeous!

I wish I'd known @parfaitelumiere was selling it.

If anyone ever finds another grenade like this one, please think of me and let me know where it is so that I might buy it.
    Yeah, that gave me a world-class case of grenade envy, too. Lol! Gotta keep telling myself to be thankful for what I got... Now, if I could only 'get' my hands on a real booster... :-)
    Sep 4, 2017, 6:02 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #570

Does anyone have a count on how many complete vintage parts OB1 there are in "the wild"? Doubtful there'd be any that didn't come via the RPF.
  21. RPF Premium Member fightercaptured's Avatar
    From
    Fayetteville, AR
    Sep 5, 2017, 9:37 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #571

Juan, that piece is gorgeous! Seems like you and I have been on the quest at the same time with about the same results. I too am in need of only the booster at this point. Just waiting for my BP to arrive in the mail and then I'll post pics.
  22. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Sep 5, 2017, 10:52 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #572

Does anyone have a count on how many complete vintage parts OB1 there are in "the wild"?
    Yes, there was a great list several pages back, but the owner's were getting unsolicited sales requests, so it was deleted.

You'll just have to make up your own list, for your own knowledge. It's a fun list to generate, I've done it myself, and I'll say that by the end of your journey looking for them, you'll have read some great build threads, show off threads, and seen some spectacular ALL REAL PARTS OBI-WAN KENOBI LIGHTSABER REPLICAS!!!
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Sep 5, 2017, 12:24 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #573

Amazing piece Juan! I ended up using a carriage bolt (those ones with a square shoulder) to sit in my sink knob. Transitioned the threads somewhere in my booster with a coupling nut. Here's my old set-up:

Name:	DSCN3387.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	756788

I've since upgraded sink knobs to a more accurate one thanks to Kurtyboy, and used a big ol' carriage bolt instead of that brass furniture one.
    Sep 5, 2017, 3:29 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #574

Any idea of the current value of the original parts??
  25. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Sep 5, 2017, 3:56 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #575

franz bolo said: View Post
    Any idea of the current value of the original parts??
    Heh... I thought I had a handle on them... but there have been a couple of recent sales that make me think that I've been a little low in my estimates lol