Subscribe
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jun 24, 2017, 8:19 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #476

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    It looks like yours has similar cubes to @Sym-Cha 's!
    Indeed it does, I noticed that too ... good eye

Cham
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jun 30, 2017, 2:34 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #477

Well it seems Photobucket has taken the fun out of maintaining my daily regular visits here and on the forums ... and my body is telling me to slow down a bit from everything that has gone on in my life and with my late parents and emptying their house ... so it's time for a well earned vacation ... oh I'll be popping in once in a while yet not tributing with my pictures or as much with my comments as I used to ... I'll be lurking when I feel like it

Cham
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    Jun 30, 2017, 5:16 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #478

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    Well it seems Photobucket has taken the fun out of maintaining my daily regular visits here and on the forums ... and my body is telling me to slow down a bit from everything that has gone on in my life and with my late parents and emptying their house ... so it's time for a well earned vacation ... oh I'll be popping in once in a while yet not tributing with my pictures or as much with my comments as I used to ... I'll be lurking when I feel like it

Cham
    Sweet. Enjoy your vacay, Chaim.

Don't be TOO much a lurker... you're voice is a welcome one!
    From
    South Carolina
    Jun 30, 2017, 5:21 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #479

Cham
    May you go somewhere beautiful, & restful my friend. Try something you've always wanted to do, & recharge your spirit.
    From
    Dracula's Castle
    Jul 1, 2017, 4:01 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #480

Cham
    Know what you mean. I've been slowing down as well, posting less and relaxing more, and feels great! Have a wonderful vacation my friend
  6. Member Since
    Mar 2017
    From
    Nashville, TN
    Jul 4, 2017, 11:13 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #481

Well I finally got my transistor set from ParfaiteLumiere (thank you again for that!) and I managed to find a clamp that, while a bit more weathered, was not in horrible condition. And next Monday, thanks to Edraven99, I have a nice male balance pipe coming to me, and I'm already talking to Roman about getting it converted. All the pieces are falling together....

Now here's an issue. The way I did my bubble strip I actually sanded it down to be flat (no other reason than that's how I like it.) However, I found the fatal flaw in doing that, where the bubble strip now falls out of the clamp :s any ideas on how to fix that?I was thinking clear double sided tape, but I am open to other suggestions barring buying another calculator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    Jul 5, 2017, 2:33 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #482

I have tiny elastic bands on either side of the bubble holding mine into the Luke Graflex clamp...

Damn looking through this thread I miss my collection. It's still all boxed up from my move.

Waiting on an exatra as well to finish mine off... and I found a couple of lower profile transistors I THINK I got from @teecrooz way back... I'll have to take a shot and post to find out.
  8. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    Jul 5, 2017, 2:41 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #483

you can thicken a bit with clear scotch tape, and add eleastic or other soft material on each side to center the bubble easier, I made that way before making my new bubble trimming.
  9. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jul 5, 2017, 7:40 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #484

Hopkinsc1 said: View Post
    the bubble strip now falls out of the clamp :s any ideas on how to fix that?
    How about a little clear silicone caulk in the clamp card's jaw channels?
  10. RPF Premium Member Panaflex's Avatar
    From
    Florida
    Jul 5, 2017, 11:08 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #485

This works well. I used a small hairband (the fabric covered type) cut in two to the length of the clamp rails and tucked them inside the rails; then slid the bubbles in. The bands keep the bubbles centered and keeps them from falling out.

NeoRutty said: View Post
    I have tiny elastic bands on either side of the bubble holding mine into the Luke Graflex clamp...

Damn looking through this thread I miss my collection. It's still all boxed up from my move.

Waiting on an exatra as well to finish mine off... and I found a couple of lower profile transistors I THINK I got from @teecrooz way back... I'll have to take a shot and post to find out.
    From
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Jul 6, 2017, 7:17 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #486

That is a beautiful Graflex clamp for an Obi-Wan saber you got there, @Hopkinsc1
  12. RPF Premium Member userd1402's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Jul 7, 2017, 4:49 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #487

I managed to get a better Hales grenade online recently so I swapped the old fragmentation body on my real-parts saber for the new piece and sold the original in the junkyard. It still has some hundred-year-old red paint and varnish fragments on it. I'm very pleased with the saber now. I've been keeping it on the bench beside me as I work and I pick it up and wander around with it in my hand all the time, much to the amusement of visitors (the Webley in the picture is for a ROTJ Fett build later in the year).

To add my tuppence to the conversation above; I used a thin sliver of double-sided parcel tape down one edge of the bubble strip and it now sits firmly, without slipping. Since the tape is only on one side it doesn't pull apart or tear when you open and close the clamp whilst playing/adjusting/fettling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Webley-no2- (1).jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	741709
    Last edited by userd1402; Jul 7, 2017 at 8:53 AM.
    Jul 9, 2017, 6:50 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #488

Looking very fine there @userd1402. I'm still waiting for my Hales to arrive from the UK via sea mail.
  14. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jul 9, 2017, 9:47 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #489

Hey @fezfox ! When did you pick up a Hales? I hadn't realized you'd started down the long path.

Congratulations!

My condolences.

And Good Luck!

May the Force be with those of us on The Long Path!!!
    Jul 9, 2017, 2:53 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #490

Trying to do a trial fit right now. Anyone else have issues threading your booster onto @Romans Empire spacer? I can get about 2 or 3 revolutions on before it gets stuck. Meanwhile, it came with the flash suppressor and the screws all the way on without issue.
    From
    Brussels
    Jul 9, 2017, 3:53 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #491

Hi, will try to answer your question, someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. The booster doesn't thread into the spacer, the treaded part goes into the handwheel.
    have fun with your build
    Jul 9, 2017, 3:55 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #492

There are threads (female) inside the gear/radiator portion of the booster and there is a male threaded end on the spacer to fit it. There is an extended male end of the booster with threads that DOES go into handwheel.
    From
    Brussels
    Jul 9, 2017, 3:58 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #493

yeah sorry, I was searching on Roman's website because it felt weird that you asked that and realized what you meant, sorry about that. I hope someone can help you
  19. Hodor RPF Premium Member KhalDrogo's Avatar
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    Jul 9, 2017, 4:00 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #494

Are you talking about Roman's hollow F/X spacer? Its made of steel I believe. I'm not 100%, but I think there are lubricants you can use for threads so that they don't bind up. Not sure if you can just use WD-40.
    Jul 9, 2017, 8:08 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #495

@Ridire Firean I found it about 4 weeks ago on http://www.arrowheadmilitaria.com/ - worth checking out.
  21. RPF Premium Member Panaflex's Avatar
    From
    Florida
    Jul 9, 2017, 8:28 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #496

fezfox said: View Post
    @Ridire Firean I found it about 4 weeks ago on http://www.arrowheadmilitaria.com/ - worth checking out.
    so you're the lucky guy who bought that! Good job!
  22. RPF Premium Member veektohr's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jul 9, 2017, 9:26 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #497

Yeah, that was a gorgeous pineapple. Can't wait for more pictures!
    From
    South Carolina
    Jul 9, 2017, 9:38 PM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #498

fezfox said: View Post
    Very interesting site.
    I wonder if this could be a real world item of one of Boba Fetts leg... tool.... things?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0807.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	742430

Update.......
    Well, I guess not. Sure is close though.
    Last edited by russellsch; Jul 9, 2017 at 10:17 PM.
    Jul 10, 2017, 6:00 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #499

@Ridire Firean still need a booster. Looking everywhere.
    @veektohr as soon as it arrives I'll be posting here, rest assured.
  25. Not a finga!!! RPF Premium Member Romans Empire's Avatar
    From
    TEXAS
    Jul 10, 2017, 10:59 AM - Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group #500

cboath said: View Post
    Trying to do a trial fit right now. Anyone else have issues threading your booster onto @Romans Empire spacer? I can get about 2 or 3 revolutions on before it gets stuck. Meanwhile, it came with the flash suppressor and the screws all the way on without issue.
    While I imagine all boosters are threaded the same, I'm guessing the cutters wear down after a few hundred boosters... so the first hundred may have nice smooth deep threads, while the next hundred or so will be tighter due to a dull cutter.
    Wanna send me your booster? I'm about to run more hollow spacers and can make sure one fits your booster.