The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Can anyone with a GENUINE Browning ANM2 booster please confirm the actual metal finish used.
Is it blued steel or some wartime paint finish?
Until I can get a genuine part to complete my saber I want to make the stand-in replica as accurate as possible.

I'm pretty sure it's blued...

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be my best hope, then one of the RE steel replicas can be properly 'hot-blued'.

That would be my best hope, then one of the RE steel replicas can be properly 'hot-blued'.

Here are mine that Serenity blued for me:

IMG_1708.JPGIMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

I finally feel that I am able (worthy) to participate in this thread :D. I very much wish to thank Teecrooz for the opportunity to obtain a part I - honestly- never thought I'd get. A real balance pipe! It's a male, so it needs surgery, but that's not a bad problem to have. I, now, only need the grenade & the booster. Everything else is genuine real parts :thumbsup
IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG IMG_0364.JPG

Also, I've got to say how awesome Romans Obi-Wan is. Every time I get a new part, to replace one of his replicated parts, I'm blown away at how amazing his parts are. The quality of his parts, the weight, everything is perfect, & wonderfully built. For ANYONE out there who is looking for a perfect recreation of the ANH Obi-Wan lightsaber (in any configuration - i.e. new, old, whatever), don't hesitate to get a Romans!
& now the hunt continues, for my remaining 2 missing pieces.

Nice Balance Pipe ... are you going to convert it yourself ... or send it to Romans? He did a great
job on mine ... blackening and weathering the inner ring of holes after conversion :

Schermafbeelding%202017-05-13%20om%2023.45.12_zpslhrkbfke.PNG

Chaïm

Last edited:
So is anyone up to this challenge or should I just award parfaitelumiere for his video's :)

Chaïm

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/OB1-130_zpsk19urhhn.jpg[/URL]

Another glimpse on the main hero lightsaber on Obi-Wan's belt ... followed by this picture in which 'X' marks the spot or so it seems :

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/OB1-maxresdefault_zpsyskqdadb.jpg[/URL]

... and OB1 realizes his fate ... as he prepares to perform that what he's learned from his former master Qui-Gon Jinn :

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Obi-wan-kenobi_zps3bp9rdvc.png[/URL]

... to become one with the Force as Vader strikes him down ... who's left bedazzled as he tramps his foot on the empty robe :

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/OB1%20-%20star-wars-1016_zpsvyeq2dh5.png[/URL]

And what of the fait of OB1's lightsaber you'd ask? Now that's the real question ... where has it gone ... not in the Lucasfilm Archives as far as I'm aware .... it's disappeared ... most likely the maintenance crew on the Death Star disposed of it along with the other garbage ... before it went into lightspeed ... or something of the sorts storywise :wacko

Now here's where I'd like to celebrate 40 years of this iconic lightsaber prop and as promised up the ante ... for those of you with already completed all vintage parts lightsabers ... I'd like you to use your imagination and in canon with the OT come up with a picture that solves the puzzle whatever happened to OB1's lightsaber within the STAR WARS story ... i.e. did Vader pick it up? You'll need to add parts of Vader's costume within the frame.

Or for the second category you could show us an interesting picture where it's been kept all these years since filming ended in 1976 i.e. the attic of the late Sir Alec Guinness who received it as a souvenir now that Lucas had no use for the propsaber any longer after OB1's demise . . . or perhaps a picture of the several parts bins at Bapty's propshop where this weapon of a more civilized era was dismantled into it's real world components?

Use your imagination whilest I contemplate a relevant and proper reward and you may enter and post 2 pictures at the most okay ... one for each category ... I propose when Episode VIII 'The Last Jedi' opens in theatres world wide I'll let all rpf-members decide and vote for the winners in each catergory in a seperate thread by means of their 'likes' :)

Does this sound like a proper exciting challenge to celebrate 40 years of STAR WARS with interesting pictures of our collected vintage parts lightsabers?

Chaïm

P.S. Any suggestions for an applicable reward also welcome :)

Nice Balance Pipe ... are you going to convert it yourself ... or send it to Romans? He did a great
job on mine ... blackening and weathering the inner ring of holes after conversion :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/...elding 2017-05-13 om 23.45.12_zpslhrkbfke.png

Chaïm

I think I would trust only Roman to cut off my male bits.... Oh wait, that came out way naughty. What I meant to say was, the only one I would want to trim the male parts off my balance pipe is Roman... That don't help either. :lol
In all seriousness, I still need to contact Roman. I love that he blackened & weathered the inner ring! I was wondering how that would turn out. But seeing that, I'll definitely be contacting him now.

PM incoming Roman :cheers

He did a real nice job on mine. So much so that I was initially confused about what the difference was between a male and a female... balance pipe, that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So as soon as I can figure out to upload my photobucket pics link I will post my current parts. Just need a better quality grenade for completion.

I got my balance pipe from Roman and he had already had it "snipped" so I highly recommend his work (I also have his replicas). Chaim how did you darken the cleaned up face surface as mine is all shiny from the snip job.

Pics to soon follow. Hopefully.

DrkSideTndncies Roman darkened and weathered it previously before I became the new owner :)

Photobucket is down and upgrading ... to something new ... why do service sites always tinker with their sites ... if it ain't broke don't fix it is my motto and it's served me well up till now :wacko

Chaïm

This is my current stock of parts for a full vintage Obi plus a couple of my other vintage parts that displayed with. The bottom pic is of a grenade I found owned by a U.K. collector, paid for, but never received due to "some unknown reason," I live in US.

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

My current grenade is way too far gone to be used as a part of a saber but it looks fine on display as is.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back