The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Congratulations userd1402 ... whom are you sending it to for your conversion? Romans Empire or perhaps parfaitelumiere?
Mine came already converted by Romans Empire in 2014 and no Bengrim09 I paid less than what's been asked nowadays ...
if you still want to join ... bring your checkbook along . . . this OB1 ANH is the ultimate lightsaber . . . next to a Vader MPP :wacko

Chaïm

Obi-Clamp.jpg

Well, I officially started my Obi-Journey with this. All I need is ParfaitLumieres Vintage Transistors and it might actually start looking like an Obi.:) Also, depending on timing and funds I might be able to get my hands on a Male Balance Pipe, but we'll see!

I'm considering buying a Romans as a base, and as I collect real parts just swap them out until I get a full real parts on display. Anyone else do this as well?

View attachment 729113

Well, I officially started my Obi-Journey with this. All I need is ParfaitLumieres Vintage Transistors and it might actually start looking like an Obi.:) Also, depending on timing and funds I might be able to get my hands on a Male Balance Pipe, but we'll see!

I'm considering buying a Romans as a base, and as I collect real parts just swap them out until I get a full real parts on display. Anyone else do this as well?

By the way, remember to save that PCB there. It looks like a blue w/ green solder mask. Perfect for a Vader ESB/ROTJ saber under the bubbles.

Congratulations userd1402 ... whom are you sending it to for your conversion? Romans Empire or perhaps parfaitelumiere?
Mine came already converted by Romans Empire in 2014 and no Bengrim09 I paid less than what's been asked nowadays ...
if you still want to join ... bring your checkbook along . . . this OB1 ANH is the ultimate lightsaber . . . next to a Vader MPP :wacko

Chaïm
the wife has hidden the chequebook its reserved for CFO Vader mask when it comes available ( sigh )

So what are you guys using for your coupling of the emitter to the grenade, also known as cone section? Has anybody used a vintage booster bearing, yet?
Chaïm

I got the Teecrooz replica booster bearing from Roman and when it arrived I checked the diameter of the threaded 'cone' part against my replica balance-pipe and it screwed into it perfectly. The diameters just seem to match. Obviously these are replica parts but it looks promising for the real parts. I will leave it to others to continue the debate about whether or not this part was actually used but I know what I'm going to use to hold the emitter on my real balance pipe when it arrives!

2017-05-17 11.26.40.jpg2017-05-17 11.24.07.jpg

EDIT:
Cut one of my booster-bearings in half to give me just the emitter innards part. Going to use a dome-head bolt so all you see when you look down the emitter is the highly-polished round head inside.

2017-05-22 13.01.37.jpg

2017-05-17 11.24.07.jpg

2017-05-17 11.26.40.jpg

2017-05-22 13.01.37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have a couple of those bearing parts laying around. Interested to see how you go about using it to attach the balance pipe on to the grenade. Maybe its something I can do for my saber, too.

You'd have to modify it, but the dimensions are promising... it's whether the prop makers went out of their way to do it, or took the path of least resistance. I want to believe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Teecrooz replica booster bearing from Roman and when it arrived I checked the diameter of the threaded 'cone' part against my replica balance-pipe and it screwed into it perfectly. The diameters just seem to match. Obviously these are replica parts but it looks promising for the real parts.

I will leave it to others to continue the debate about this whether or not this part was actually used but I know what I'm going to use to hold the emitter on my real balance pipe when it arrives!

View attachment 729707View attachment 729708

Mine don't fit... at least my replica didn't fit my real BP... I never did bother trying my real booster bearing though....

The outer diameter of the threads juuuuust does fit. But if you turned those down it would slot right in. But then you'd need to cut it short... and attach it to the rod somehow. The cone inside looks a lot like the deep cone we see in some shots from the Death Star, though... :wacko Has anyone ever asked Roger Christian how they connected those parts together? Not that he'd remember, but for all the questions he gets about the damn t-track I'd figure somebody should have asked him at least once how Obi's saber was held together.

At some point in my life i would like to complete an orginal parts build of Obi's saber. To be honest its something i should do sooner rather than later, its only going to get harder to track down these parts the more i put it off.

Can anyone with a GENUINE Browning ANM2 booster please confirm the actual metal finish used.
Is it blued steel or some wartime paint finish?
Until I can get a genuine part to complete my saber I want to make the stand-in replica as accurate as possible.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back