The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

1507997_262884683870077_129371032_n_zpsvnvfqpfg.JPG

Chaïm

Last edited:
OB1-130_zpsk19urhhn.JPG

Another glimpse on the main hero lightsaber on Obi-Wan's belt ... followed by this picture in which 'X' marks the spot or so it seems :

OB1-maxresdefault_zpsyskqdadb.JPG

... and OB1 realizes his fate ... as he prepares to perform that what he's learned from his former master Qui-Gon Jinn :

Obi-wan-kenobi_zps3bp9rdvc.PNG

... to become one with the Force as Vader strikes him down ... who's left bedazzled as he tramps his foot on the empty robe :

OB1%20-%20star-wars-1016_zpsvyeq2dh5.PNG

And what of the fait of OB1's lightsaber you'd ask? Now that's the real question ... where has it gone ... not in the Lucasfilm Archives as far as I'm aware .... it's disappeared ... most likely the maintenance crew on the Death Star disposed of it along with the other garbage ... before it went into lightspeed ... or something of the sorts storywise :wacko

Now here's where I'd like to celebrate 40 years of this iconic lightsaber prop and as promised up the ante ... for those of you with already completed all vintage parts lightsabers ... I'd like you to use your imagination and in canon with the OT come up with a picture that solves the puzzle whatever happened to OB1's lightsaber within the STAR WARS story ... i.e. did Vader pick it up? You'll need to add parts of Vader's costume within the frame.

Or for the second category you could show us an interesting picture where it's been kept all these years since filming ended in 1976 i.e. the attic of the late Sir Alec Guinness who received it as a souvenir now that Lucas had no use for the propsaber any longer after OB1's demise . . . or perhaps a picture of the several parts bins at Bapty's propshop where this weapon of a more civilized era was dismantled into it's real world components?

Use your imagination whilest I contemplate a relevant and proper reward and you may enter and post 2 pictures at the most okay ... one for each category ... I propose when Episode VIII 'The Last Jedi' opens in theatres world wide I'll let all rpf-members decide and vote for the winners in each catergory in a seperate thread by means of their 'likes' :)

Does this sound like a proper exciting challenge to celebrate 40 years of STAR WARS with interesting pictures of our collected vintage parts lightsabers?

Chaïm

P.S. Any suggestions for an applicable reward also welcome :)

Last edited:
[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/OB1-130_zpsk19urhhn.jpg[/URL]

... for those of you with already completed all vintage parts lightsabers ... I'd like you to use your imagination and in canon with the OT come up with a picture that solves the puzzle whatever happened to OB1's lightsaber within the STAR WARS story ...

Hah! Guess I need to get on the ball and pick up a vintage booster somewhere real quick. Anybody got an extra laying around gathering rust they need to get rid of? :-$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well Bengrim09, the thought did occur to me too, whilest I was typing my previous post, others with replica light sabers would love to celebrate 40 years of STAR WARS too and let's not forget those with vintage and replica ANH G R A F L E X lightsabers ... so just let me ponder on it some more, okay? Any suggestions are most welcome ... as always :)

Chaïm

Hey, check out what I just received, the infamous antique candle holder!
P1020278.JPG
this is weird, I don't recall ordering a candle holder...

thank you Roman!

Now, I just have a tiny question, I bought at the same time an original handwheel and it seems weird to me that only some parts are metal and the rest is plastic.
this has the REG DES text but this is plastic:
P1020281.JPG
this is a transparent gold colored plastic that is chromed:
P1020284.JPG
and only that part is chromed brass:
P1020282.JPG

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere, but do you guys have some insight for me? is this supposed to be partly plastic on a authentic handwheel?
thank you very much :thumbsup

Hey, check out what I just received, the infamous antique candle holder!
View attachment 727264
this is weird, I don't recall ordering a candle holder...

thank you Roman!

Now, I just have a tiny question, I bought at the same time an original handwheel and it seems weird to me that only some parts are metal and the rest is plastic.
this has the REG DES text but this is plastic:
View attachment 727265
this is a transparent gold colored plastic that is chromed:
View attachment 727266
and only that part is chromed brass:
View attachment 727267

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere, but do you guys have some insight for me? is this supposed to be partly plastic on a authentic handwheel?
thank you very much :thumbsup

Seems like yours is one of the (re-)chromed handwheel, that started their lives as amber plastic ones...

Indeed eethan ... AS handwheels always are partly chromed plastic and metal parts . . . even the vintage ones :)

Chaïm

Thank you OdiWan72 for your answer. I'm kind of sad for that handwheel, it's a bit disapointing for the price I paid and I wasn't told it was a plastic one but I guess it was too easy that way and that I'll have to search more for a nice one.
Appart from that, Roman's replica is amazing, I'm looking forward to receive my rusty authentic graflex clamp to put it together, for now I put my luke graflex clamp on it because I couldn't wait :)

Indeed eethan ... AS handwheels always are partly chromed plastic and metal parts . . . even the vintage ones :)

Chaïm

oh wait, you mean all the handwheels are with two plastic parts like that? it seems I saw quite a few pictures on that thread where they seemed more metalic, even inside and where the hole on the end plug was also a square instead of the knurled circle I got. The extruded cubes were also more defined with less pronounced bevels than mine.
I'm a bit confused now.
Sorry guys, I'm sure this has all been explained somewhere and that I'm bringing that back, I hope I'm not too annoying.
thanks a lot

All vintage ones have a plastic REG DES sleeve, plastic cubes, and a metal top. The cubes on yours were newly chromed, which is why they are slightly less defined. If you were to strip the chroming off, the amber plastic would have the sharp edges, but would no longer be chromed.

All vintage ones have a plastic REG DES sleeve, plastic cubes, and a metal top.

Thanks teecrooz for the clarification. So mine is just a rechromed one or is it actually just perfectly correct? I still can't explained the round instead of square hole, the golden inside and the not so defined extruded cubes. Well I also didn't get the cap with the armitage writings on it so I think I'll still need to find a new one anyways.
thanks guys again :thumbsup

edit: Thanks for the edited more complete answer teecrooz :)

Last edited:
The handwheel is a mixture of alloy and plastic. The metal part is the central disk with it's square hole in the centre for fitting over the tap head. This is threaded and a chromed plastic sleeve screws onto it, the chromed plastic cubes 'ring' slides over that and the cap finishes it all off.

How four becomes one (a bit like the Spice Girls).

2017-05-04 08.52.39.jpg2017-05-04 08.53.06.jpg2017-05-04 08.53.29.jpg2017-05-04 08.54.08.jpg

2017-05-04 08.52.39.jpg

2017-05-04 08.53.06.jpg

2017-05-04 08.53.29.jpg

2017-05-04 08.54.08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the amber pommel is just a variant. I have one of those, too. Right shape, tho. If you stripped the chrome you could get it vacuum metalized which would probably end up as a thinner layer of chrome. The other ones don't have that much on them, hence why they're almost always flaking somewhere.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back