HIC Han Carbonite bottom "pocket" "cavity" "plug" solutions

Scroggins

Don't post so much but read a TON on lots of diff topics. Recently starting my own HIC build. Question for all you that have come before me...any "off the shelf" or simple solutions for bottom/top plug/cavity/pocket solutions (I've seen them called all three names!). I've seen numerous build threads, and other than a couple different references to Moncal or bigturc or bluerealm custom runs I don't see many alternatives to this seemingly important (for accuracy) part.

Seems like I'll likely end up just doing nothing as none of those parts seem readily available (and didn't fit really well with the Zenix box anyway), but before I just put acrylic/accent lights at the bottom/top just wondering if there is something "simple" that I'm missing or glossing over to cover this problem? I remember reading one thread where there was a reference to some serving pans from amazon that fit/worked well, but now I can't find it after having read so many threads in multiple forums.

Anyway, if you read this far THANK YOU, and if you have any thoughts or advice I'd love to hear it!

Thanks,
Scroggins

I'm almost at this point and wanted to add the cavity. Wasn't sure of the availability of the part. But had an idea of using Tupperware and an ikea strainer.

004.JPG
002.JPG003.JPG

I also found one of the correct segment displays at an electronic shop. Now need to find the +/- one.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back