2001 Discovery from Moebius

I've preordered mine from culttvman. Really looking forward to this kit.

I've recently built my Orion kit, and I'm working on my Moon Bus kit right now. And as it turns out, it looks like they're re-releasing both of those soon.

There is a light kit for this Model at Monsters in Motion, do you guys know if Stargazer or someone else is doing a "Flightdeck +Podbay" kit for this model?

Apparently the Discovery kit should be shipping on the 15th December
Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-06 um 06.34.32.png

...not sure if they will keep that schedule, but X-mass just got a bit more exiting :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys

There are Two Photoetch Kits coming for the Moebius 1/144 Discovery kit.
Found both at Monsters in Motion

184MB06P2_Discovery-Pod-Bay-Photoetch.jpg
2001: A Space Odyssey Discovery 1:144 Scale Pod Bay Photoetch Detail Set for Moebius Model Kit

184MB06P1_Discovery-Cockpit-Photoetch-.jpg
2001: A Space Odyssey Discovery 1:144 Scale Cockpit and Airlock Photoetch Detail Set for Moebius Model Kit

Both are due to be released the 5th of January 2018.
There are no pics showing the finished build up but I guess it has the standard high level quality of Paragrafix.

And there is a Accessory Detail Kit as well.
"The kit consists of clear engine replacement parts, 1 clear EVA pod (so it can be lit), and a bonus interior graphics set for the Pod Bay and Flight deck. It was developed in conjunction with and accompanies Randy Neubert's VooDooFX Discovery One"
184MB06A_Discovery-Accessory-Set_05.jpg184MB06A_Discovery-Accessory-Set_04.jpg
2001: A Space Odyssey Discovery 1:144 Scale Accessory Detail Set for Moebius Model Kit

Not sure myself if I should wait for the complete Resin Kit from Stargazer or go for these ones?...I guess I will wait this one out until I have seen some reviews.

Last edited:
culttvman is shipping this week, just payed for my kit, will come after Christmas as I live in Germany, but no matter as I got enough stuff on the workbench at the mo...my EVA POD is one of them :)
Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-18 um 22.28.22.png

Will probably Start Mine when I done with all my other stuff that I have on the bench at the mo. Maybe May/April or so. But I am planning a Build log for sure. I am also waiting for the Interior of the Podbay from Stargazer, should be out pretty soon but.

Im interested too.
I was on the fence about it.

I picked up the Mobeus 2001 clipper in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TFS with us CAPTAINCOX...it's going to be difficult to paint all of those panels and at that scale, this one is too small for me:D;)

I got mine and was planning a simple OOB and push through from the get go. I even cleared the bench when I had tracking numbers, cracked the box hours after it landed on my porch.

I've been waiting for a styrene Discovery since I made on out of card stock when I was 10 so I had no intention of getting bogged down in lighting or aftermarket stuff.

Then I looked a my references and decided I wanted to get the windscreen (?) right. In 2001, it reflects the curve and angle of the sphere itself, broken up into five panels, the outside two at an angle (apparently in 2010 it's squared off like the kit included piece). No big deal, I made a buck from the inside of the sphere and vacuformed a new one. Then I decided I needed to add the ridge above and below the window and thus opened the floodgates. I ended up with the Paragraphix cockpit that I'll use as a base for so scratch building, including sculpting either Poole in the walkway and Bowman at the right angle with clipboard or Poole in the command chair and have a very bright light as the pod bay door opens.

Looks like my quick, simple OOB will become a long, dragged out build.

TFS with us CAPTAINCOX...it's going to be difficult to paint all of those panels and at that scale, this one is too small for me:D;)
Ha! After Doing the Enterprise TOS Bridge in 1/350 ist going be a walk in the park :p. Magnification Glases and a shot of Diazepam should do the Trick.
fullsizeoutput_7ca.jpg

Last edited:
^^ holy cow, now that is awesome!
as for the Discovery, does anyone know if the captain cardboard one ever get fully completed?
I believe that CC completed a few, one of which appeared in the Stanley Kubrick touring exhibition. Most customers, including underwriters of the original projects are still waiting according to the Atomic City forums. I have a couple of CC's kits, the standard is high but the gestation period long.

Adam Johnson's (AJA Models) 2001 models were excellent , but sadly mostly not in production at present, Adam's knowledge is extensive and his customer service first rate.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back