The thin-necked lightsaber appreciation society

Here's most of mine.
0328170816.jpgL to R , Roman's Inception, Roman's MK1, One Replicas Hero, Starkiller V2 , Spirit's V3. All unfinished so far :rolleyes
Don Mac.

image.jpeg

I'll play: from top to bottom:

Roman's wonderful Obi saber
SD Studios Luke hero
EFX Luke Hero
V3 (shared stunt) from Rudy's terrific recent run
V2 solo's hold with my own paint scheme
on the side, standing upright, is ASK's Luke TFA saber

The sabers are flanked by the RO blu-ray, which I picked up this morning

Obi Wan's is by far my favorite light saber of all time. To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of Luke's ROTJ sabers until kind of recently. Mainly because I always associated them with the ugly not-thin necked versions that were available as toys when I was a kid. But after reading through the entire V2 thread, I had to have one...then, I mean if I had a V2, I needed a hero...so now they've really grown on me and I like them almost as much as his Graflex. Here are mine:

Roman Obi
Solos Hold V2
Nick's Dad ROTJ hero

f5ac53ecd0912482b4f6472bf3604e7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's my collection of thin necks as of today:

thin necks.jpg

L to R

All authentic vintage parts Obi-Wan (my most prized piece)

Anakin Starkiller 3-piece V2 from first run with real Graflex clamp, slothfurnace card, and wannawanga lever

Rylo "Elstree Reveal" Hero

Nicksdad Hero

Spirit of ob1 Shared Stunt that just showed up today

I'm considering the two Heroes "done" - no more fiddling with them. I still have a few upgrades to do to the Obi-Wan - machined cone piece for the emitter, different shorter transistors, a better sink knob - and I need to make some tweaks to the V2 after seeing the video footage of Brandon and Mark Hamill. And then I need to tackle the Shared Stunt (which will probably happen first).

Here's my collection of thin necks as of today:

View attachment 719286

L to R

All authentic vintage parts Obi-Wan (my most prized piece)

Anakin Starkiller 3-piece V2 from first run with real Graflex clamp, slothfurnace card, and wannawanga lever

Rylo "Elstree Reveal" Hero

Nicksdad Hero

Spirit of ob1 Shared Stunt that just showed up today

I'm considering the two Heroes "done" - no more fiddling with them. I still have a few upgrades to do to the Obi-Wan - machined cone piece for the emitter, different shorter transistors, a better sink knob - and I need to make some tweaks to the V2 after seeing the video footage of Brandon and Mark Hamill. And then I need to tackle the Shared Stunt (which will probably happen first).

Nice! With the exception of the v3, those are exactly the same thin-necks that I have! :D

Hey @Edraven99 ! So, what you're saying really then, is that you're denying us the pleasure of seeing your exquisite display in its new found glory?:cry MCM went through all the trouble to start a beauty pagent thread, and that, cool-as-it-is/once was, poor ole, outdated photo is how you repay him. For shame. ;) GET TO SNAPPIN' MAN! And don't forget to include yourself and the missus in the reflection again, that's a great touch!!! :D

Hey @MCM ! I really like that Saberkraft Big Boy's emitter suedo-fan lip!

Here's my contribution to the THIn Necked Lightsaber Appreciation Society (THINLAP), or maybe, SOCiety Of THIn Necked Lightsabers(SOCOTHINL)?....

Ridire Firean - Thin-necked Lightsaber Appreciation Society - 01.jpg

Ridire Firean - Thin-necked Lightsaber Appreciation Society - 02.jpg

Ridire Firean - Thin-necked Lightsaber Appreciation Society - 03.jpg

Ridire Firean - Thin-necked Lightsaber Appreciation Society - 04.jpg

Ridire Firean - Thin-necked Lightsaber Appreciation Society - 05.jpg

Roman's MK1 FX Machine Finish flagged by my two real thin-necks from @teecrooz that are cleaning up quite nicely!!! Oops! Look at the time! Off to bed, Goodnight everybody!

Last edited:
While I've been trouble shooting my 3d printer, I've taken the time to start finishing the final prototype of my 3d printed shared stunt/V3 project. The saber is from my own files that I've been slowly tweaking and perfecting over the last year. In the clamp is a slothfurnace ESB card to channel that sail barge saber vibe. The next step is to add real set screws before painting it, adding tape, d ring, etc. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.
3558fc50e2a1dbc4f2fb2da57758cea8.jpg
9dfb6dcc8fd1e81846af1abd257e2b6a.jpg
fa586dc017462feb68dd778faaa1e40f.jpg
567df3c552eb7c8e05f1929b7194a0a4.jpg
0847dcc2b48206a0804ddb69afaeb2af.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

While I've been trouble shooting my 3d printer, I've taken the time to start finishing the final prototype of my 3d printed shared stunt/V3 project. The saber is from my own files that I've been slowly tweaking and perfecting over the last year. In the clamp is a slothfurnace ESB card to channel that sail barge saber vibe. The next step is to add real set screws before painting it, adding tape, d ring, etc. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170515/3558fc50e2a1dbc4f2fb2da57758cea8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170515/9dfb6dcc8fd1e81846af1abd257e2b6a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170515/fa586dc017462feb68dd778faaa1e40f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170515/567df3c552eb7c8e05f1929b7194a0a4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170515/0847dcc2b48206a0804ddb69afaeb2af.jpg

How did you managed to get a good looking grenade section with your 3D Printer ?
My V2's looks awful ... and I spent A LOT of time dealing with the uneven rings ...
c07172f4c4639bc3894f357229d957e9.jpg

What printer and print settings are you using? I've got an Ultimaker 2 Go. I set my print speed to 50 mm/s, inner layer to 30, and outer layer to 20 mm/s and I'm using Cura as the slicing software. I first started working on the model with a monoprice mini printer (the $200 one) using similar settings and had no problem with the overhang on the grenade. Hope that helps. Your V2's looking stellar, otherwise. You got the set screw right underneath the emitter lip! I've been working on one, too. Here's what I've got so far:
I still need to reconfigure the emitter, maybe split it into 2 or 3 pieces for better print fidelity.
ad23a807eeb09be47a49414dc96cd9e6.jpg

Thank you for your comments, It means a lot to me. I'm a student and I cannot afford a metal replica, so the V2 is my very first prop that I make. It's been since January that I've been working on it, and it's not achieved yet.
My 3D Printer is a Dagoma DiscoEasy200, you probably don't know it because it's from a french start-up. Like you, I'm using Cura, but an alternate version of it called CuraByDagoma. It's to get into the 3D Print world quicker, but it's quite limited... I'll use the original Cura to change the speed, on the same set up than yours :) Cause mine is running at full speed.. 100mm/s :/ I understand now why my grenade look awful.. :/
Here is a tip, I've cutted my emitter to get rid of the support material. I'm making my V2 hollow with an inner diameter to fit a steel bar, to give it some weight and to strenghten it.
I've slidded all of my emitter parts (which looked like rings at the end) arround the bar, and glued it together.EmitterCutFor3DPrinting.png

I finally had time to photograph my thin necked lightsaber collection.
IMG_0754.JPG
From the top:
eFX Luke Reveal
Fan made Luke ROTJ hero
Romans weathered Obi-Wan, with real transistors & Exactra 19 bubble strip. I have an Armitage Shanks "cold" sink knob not attached yet. & a surprise coming in tomorrow I'll post later.
MR As First Built Obi-Wan
MR v2 Signature Edition
Starkillers v2 3 piece, with spinning emitter, from the 2nd run
Spirit of Obi1 Luke v3

IMG_0756.JPG
After I took the first photo, I thought to myself that I'd consider the Lego lightsaber a "thin neck" too. So, here's my Lego lightsaber from the last run Luuuke did. I love this thing! :love

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back