Ep. 8 Kylo costume

TIGCreations

Sr Member
Making Star Wars just posted an article describing what they saw in some exclusive photos they saw from TLJ.
Here is what was said about Kylo:

"The times I have seen Kylo from The Last Jedi the cape is certainly modeled after Darth Vader’s cape but it is still inconclusive if it is actually a cape Darth Vader wore or just a stylistic influence. Kylo Ren’s 2.0 mask (not shown) for The Last Jedi is different but the differences are so minor it was impossible to depict the changes based on my notes. For many the new helmet will not appear different at all. The 2.0 mask doesn’t have the same damage as the Star Wars: The Force Awakens counterpart and I think the rear of the helmet is slightly longer. The changes were so minor they’re barely notable but it is different nonetheless."
And they posted a sketch:
Kylo-Ep8.png
Thoughts?

Ugh the scar.. ack! The only problem I find with the StarWars universe is the continuity errors! Anyways have there been any pics of the helmet?

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

Think they chaged the outfit too much for what people are speculating
I enjoy the new look along with the TFA look. I feel as though they did a good job with the shape variations of the patterns from the pleating on the sleeves to the square "quilting" look of the vest.

Last edited:
20464832_2016945018537415_1184810666_o.jpg20502938_2016945015204082_1190833805_o.jpgIMG_0023.JPG

Any thoughts on what material the cloak is made from? Could be waxed wool or even leather by that shine and texture.

View attachment 748832View attachment 748833View attachment 748834

Any thoughts on what material the cloak is made from? Could be waxed wool or even leather by that shine and texture.
Dawn Bright has made one of the best looking ep8 capes I've seen so far but she hasnt gotten back to me on the fabric yet. It's probably not leather. I'm thinking maybe a heavy waxed material. But if you are on the SLD 501st forums you should know her as "Kylo".

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

At this point I think the common consensus is the suede side/opposite side of (a goat/lambskin) leather, with a cracked wax finish.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back