Obi Wan TPM Lightsaber dimensions.

Sheev Palpatine

I'm looking to make Obi Wan's lightsaber from The Phantom Menace.
Does anybody know accurate dimensions from the screen used prop, even just the length would be very helpful.
Thanks

Master Replicas made a blueprint of (what they called) the Attack of the Clones version of the lightsaber, and sold prints as collectibles. You could find lots of images of that one online, for instance here. According to it, the length of the lightsaber is 10.989".

The biggest differences between MR's "AOTC" version from the original in TPM are in the small greeblies.
It is believed that MR based their blueprint and replica out of a single chromed resin-cast "stunt" prop where as the original "hero" prop(s) used for closeups in TPM was bare aluminium with real parts added to it. The TPM hero prop also has holes in the pommel cubes where as the stunt props and MR's "AOTC" saber don't.
MR later made a "Elite Edition" replica of the The Phantom Menace version with more details. You can find images of both replicas in Rebelscum's photo archive.

You could get a red button from Roman Props. The brass knob is a bicycle valve adapter - which you may have to file down. There is a purple bulb in the brass knob: I used an amethyst from a store that sells precious stones, I think it cost me only $5.
The three conical greeblies are LED bezels with the clear LEDs filed down.

And BTW, welcome to the forum! There are a lot of older threads discussing this lightsaber, and many replicas have been built by several people. The search function on this board is quite good so it wouldn't be hard for you to find more info, see other people's builds, good pictures of the real thing and maybe find one or a few fan-made blueprints as well.

Last edited:
Also i read somewhere that the MR dimensions for the AOTC lightsaber are different to the TPM saber, Struggling to find any accurate dimensions from the screen used prop.

Is the diameter of the inner tube within the grooved black section 3/8 " ?
The silver tube inside the black grip? Maybe 3/8" is the correct radius but I think that is still too small. Where did you see it?
I estimated it to 22mm (but used a 25mm (1") tube anyway because it simplified construction)

Also i read somewhere that the MR dimensions for the AOTC lightsaber are different to the TPM saber, Struggling to find any accurate dimensions from the screen used prop.
The MR AOTC lightsaber is a couple of mm shorter than MR's TPM-EE lightsaber. The stunt prop they based the AOTC version on was moulded in silicone and cast in resin - and those materials shrink a little.

Thanks a lot i did think it seemed a bit small, does 285mm for the overall length sound about right?
I am very grateful for your help it has been invaluable.

obi-tpm-big.png

You can try this

I purchased some bike valve adaptors, i was just wondering whether they look the correct size /proportions or whether i will have to machine them down slightly.DSC_0711.JPG

I’m curious about the “master replicas blueprint” is there a clear visual image of the dimensions???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back