Star Wars Anthology (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Re: Star Wars: Kenobi

:D :D
XqP41q3.jpg

Can't wait to see Ewan back as Obi-Wan!

Also, Owen seemed pretty crazy at keeping Luke from knowing too much. There is the possible idea that he had the tombstone removed to protect Luke, therefore why we never see it in ANH.

perhaps it will be there in the next special edition of ANH ;)

I'd be up for them live-action filming the Darth Maul vs Obie-Wan scene from Rebels.

Even get Ray Parks to reprise his role as Maul.

WOULD LOVE to see Maul back in action. He should never have been killed off in TPM.

Just to nitpick, but i don't imagine you'd see Obi getting near any imperials on Tattooine. He's on a mission to protect Luke, and if the empire figures out he's there, mission is toast as the empire likely says 'screw it' at some point and bombards the place from orbit.

He could go elsewhere to kick some imperial butt, but not likely on tat. :)

That's why I said I don't know what they will do with this movie. He can't leave Tatooine and he can't do much to overtly help anyone. He's there to protect (and teach) Luke and learn from Qui Gon (and maybe talk to Yoda as well?). If he's running around waving his lightsaber, it completely defeats the purpose.

I've said before, if there were a circumstance where someone found out about either Luke, or recognized Kenobi, then he had to pursue them off planet, that could work. Or someone threatened to drop a dime on him unless he helped them with some mission.

We could get a cool adventure, but still based on him protecting either Luke or just his identity.

That's why I said I don't know what they will do with this movie. He can't leave Tatooine and he can't do much to overtly help anyone. He's there to protect (and teach) Luke and learn from Qui Gon (and maybe talk to Yoda as well?). If he's running around waving his lightsaber, it completely defeats the purpose.

There is a fantastic novel the already exists that could be a framework, also called Kenobi.

There is a fantastic novel the already exists that could be a framework, also called Kenobi.

Agreed, that is a fun read. There's also quite a few decent graphic novels available.
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...ter,h_450,q_80,w_800/n41t1j0l97almdewyjhs.png
There are so many ways a very good film could be made telling of Kenobi's adventures on Tatooine. I would love to see a film showing multiple adventures that Kenobi had to deal with while protecting Luke from a distance up until ANH.

Watch Kurosawa's "Yojimbo". Take notes. Add Tusken Raiders and/or corrupt locals. Leave lightsaber in the lockbox. Stir in a pinch of conflict with Owen Lars. Bake under twin suns until epic. Done.

--Jonah

is this the movie george lucas used to inspire star wars? and if so, is this the same movie they used the sword fight at the end to mimicked it in star wars rebels maul vs kenobi?

I've said before, if there were a circumstance where someone found out about either Luke, or recognized Kenobi, then he had to pursue them off planet, that could work. Or someone threatened to drop a dime on him unless he helped them with some mission.

We could get a cool adventure, but still based on him protecting either Luke or just his identity.

That would also be a good way to draw Obi Wan off so they could kill or kidnap Luke. You know the whole "You had one job!" meme? well Obi Wan would be one in that case. Besides absolutely no one is looking for Luke until after ANH. Vader didn't even know about him.

That would also be a good way to draw Obi Wan off so they could kill or kidnap Luke. You know the whole "You had one job!" meme? well Obi Wan would be one in that case. Besides absolutely no one is looking for Luke until after ANH. Vader didn't even know about him.

Yeah, I know that Luke's existence is a secret, but the names of Kenobi & Skywalker were renown as the rock stars of the Clone Wars. You've got a crazy old hermit named Kenobi that, you know what, he showed up around the same time Owen & Beru started raising that Skywalker kid.

Hmm...I wonder if they're related? You know, there's a pretty big bounty on Jedi... Maybe I should ask some questions...

There's how my idea of a movie starts.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back