Symbiote Spider-Man build

LaytonSpider

I'm starting a symbiote suit and I found this fabric online that I think would look super slick for the black base material.
This is what it looks like.
Large_0447691.jpg

It is 95% polyester and 5% lycra. It's 4 way stretch but only has 20% stretch. I know a lot of other spandex materials that people use have a lot more stretch than that. I can't find anywhere that offers a swatch for this stuff. So, I can't put it through the ringer to make sure it will work. Can anyone tell me if this will be stretchy enough? I don't want to put the whole thing together only to find that I can't even wear it.

I also have a plan for the white spiders and hand patches that I hope will work. I'm going to be using EasyWeed Stretch heat transfer vinyl. https://www.siserna.com/easyweed-stretch It's made for use on spandex materials and I'm hoping it will transfer well onto this textured material. Anyone have experience with this stuff? It's all new to me.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep this thread up to date as things get going.

I'm starting a symbiote suit and I found this fabric online that I think would look super slick for the black base material.
This is what it looks like.
View attachment 717818

It is 95% polyester and 5% lycra. It's 4 way stretch but only has 20% stretch. I know a lot of other spandex materials that people use have a lot more stretch than that. I can't find anywhere that offers a swatch for this stuff. So, I can't put it through the ringer to make sure it will work. Can anyone tell me if this will be stretchy enough? I don't want to put the whole thing together only to find that I can't even wear it.

I also have a plan for the white spiders and hand patches that I hope will work. I'm going to be using EasyWeed Stretch heat transfer vinyl. https://www.siserna.com/easyweed-stretch It's made for use on spandex materials and I'm hoping it will transfer well onto this textured material. Anyone have experience with this stuff? It's all new to me.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep this thread up to date as things get going.
first, you would suffocate inside the suit
with 95%of polyester. I am sorry to tell you that you need to find another fabric.
there is two choices :screen print to white spider or stick it on the suit.

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

first, you would suffocate inside the suit
with 95%of polyester. I am sorry to tell you that you need to find another fabric.
there is two choices :screen print to white spider or stick it on the suit.

Suffocating doesn't sound good at all. I kind of like being able to breath... Back to the drawing board?

no puff paint ? :cry::)thumbsdown
Not planning on it. Puff paint is intimidating. But we'll see how things go.

Update on the material issue. Turns out my wife has some pants with the same polyester and spandex mix. Now, don't judge, but I threw those suckers over my head and face just to see if I would die or not. Turns out, I'm still alive! I could actually breath pretty well. It's a little more restrictive, but not too bad. I've worn respirator masks that are harder to breath through than this.

If no one had any other issues I should know about, I think I'm going to order the material. Turns out they have a pretty good return policy if it doesn't work out.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Not planning on it. Puff paint is intimidating. But we'll see how things go.

Update on the material issue. Turns out my wife has some pants with the same polyester and spandex mix. Now, don't judge, but I threw those suckers over my head and face just to see if I would die or not. Turns out, I'm still alive! I could actually breath pretty well. It's a little more restrictive, but not too bad. I've worn respirator masks that are harder to breath through than this.

If no one had any other issues I should know about, I think I'm going to order the material. Turns out they have a pretty good return policy if it doesn't work out.

well,that's cool to have some one try new stuff

man, do like you want but if I was you I would:
-not use pants
-use zentai
-do the spandex+puff paint mix to make it look more like ... a ... symbiote!
-aaaaaaaand, as the symbiote is an alien, i would do alien shaped eyes (if it's the classic symbiote)

man, do like you want but if I was you I would:
-not use pants
-use zentai
-do the spandex+puff paint mix to make it look more like ... a ... symbiote!
-aaaaaaaand, as the symbiote is an alien, i would do alien shaped eyes (if it's the classic symbiote)
What? Man, I'm not going to use the pants. That's crazy talk! The pants were made of a similar material to what I showed in my first post.

Here's the plan: I'm ordering a couple yards of this material (which I think has a killer texture on its own), and I'm going to cut out a pattern and sew it myself. Not pants. No zentai or puff paint needed. Bing bang boom, Spider-Man!

Can't wait for this man. Was gonna post yesterday but wasn't really up to it. I'm glad that material allows you to breath as I though it looked sweet as well:D

Anyway I really can't wait for this man, hope all goes well in your efforts.

Any updates on this? The material looks really cool! I don’t suppose you know the name of the textured fabric, I can think of a few costumes that it would work well for.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back