JARVIS ver 3.0

devildog12

It's been a few months since I last posted but in that while I've been busy. I've set out to create a working a "J.A.R.V.I.S" of sorts. Basically I've taken my Mark 42 helmet, printed it and gave it the Mark 43 paint job. That's where things get mildly complicated. In the helmet, I've added my vr recognition module, and gave it a pumped up Arduino for program storage and more RAM. With this new Arduino, I'm going to create a bunch of predetermined questions and answers along with the basic yes/no type answers. In the helmet as well i'm adding the basic stuff like helmet servo, lights for the eyes and a jaw servo for movement when opening the face plate. However in the helmet itself, I'm adding a 320x240 screen for a hud readout from a 10 DOF (degrees of freedom) sensor, battery life, and replusor status, etc. I'm going to get this feedback from the forearm via a bluetooth chip and that way I can make the forearm do cool stuff via J.A.R.V.I.S in the helmet. An idea I plan on implementing is ULTRON and you can see the initial test for the forearm below.

As of now the forearm does "fire" because it is hooked up to an emg sensor. Basically this sensor reads electrical pulses in the muscle. However when I made these videos I turned that portion of the code off because of "false" readings would make it continually "fire". I also want to add that nothing in these videos is final because these are the first tests I've had time to do with the code.

I'll make more updates as I progress in the code.

- devildog12

JARVIS TEST 1

ULTRON TEST 1

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a few months since I last posted but in that while I've been busy. I've set out to create a working a "J.A.R.V.I.S" of sorts. Basically I've taken my Mark 42 helmet, printed it and gave it the Mark 43 paint job. That's where things get mildly complicated. In the helmet, I've added my vr recognition module, and gave it a pumped up Arduino for program storage and more RAM. With this new Arduino, I'm going to create a bunch of predetermined questions and answers along with the basic yes/no type answers. In the helmet as well i'm adding the basic stuff like helmet servo, lights for the eyes and a jaw servo for movement when opening the face plate. However in the helmet itself, I'm adding a 320x240 screen for a hud readout from a 10 DOF (degrees of freedom) sensor, battery life, and replusor status, etc. I'm going to get this feedback from the forearm via a bluetooth chip and that way I can make the forearm do cool stuff via J.A.R.V.I.S in the helmet. An idea I plan on implementing is ULTRON and you can see the initial test for the forearm below.

As of now the forearm does "fire" because it is hooked up to an emg sensor. Basically this sensor reads electrical pulses in the muscle. However when I made these videos I turned that portion of the code off because of "false" readings would make it continually "fire". I also want to add that nothing in these videos is final because these are the first tests I've had time to do with the code.

I'll make more updates as I progress in the code.

- devildog12

JARVIS TEST 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpSE-snBrGQ

ULTRON TEST 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGZF1Kw17fg
I am making a mark 43 armour too!!
do yu have any idea how to add holographic lenses (AR) to the faceplate ?

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

I've got the forearm mostly done with programming except for a few errors concerning the bluetooth serial communications. It shouldn't take much more longer to those sorted out though. I've also managed to created the ribbed portion that goes on the wrist between the glove and forearm. I'm currently waiting on some red ninjaflex filament to print the final version. Next up is the ribbed finger pieces and then painting the forearm. I've got the helmet painted up except for a re-paint on the main portion where it fell off from drying. I should have final painted pics by the end of the weekend (fingers crossed).

Here's the pics for the test ribbed wrist cuff:
Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
Over the weekend I ended up having some paint issues on the forearm and had to sand it all down and start over. On the plus side I did end up getting the coding portion down for the forearm. All I have to do is end up finishing up the paint work on the forearm and then put in the arduino board and the other stuff that goes along with that. Basically what's going to happen is the helmet sends a number via bluetooth to the forearm which then runs a specified function within the forearm sketch. Normally even if there is no bluetooth connected to the forearm, it will still act like normal with all the replusor fx that comes with that. Below is the video of the finalized forearm code, next up is working on the voice recognition in the helmet. Also it does have a "false" power up after the start up initialization.

P.S the 2 leds that are below the glove are going the "thrusters" that go in the hatch of the forearm. This gives it more accuracy especially since his armor is able to fly in pieces to him.

Best thing to do is probably what xI97 said and read up on how to interface a lot of electrical components with the arduino.

I got half of the "brains" of Jarvis setup yesterday and today. Quite a few parts and the code is massive. I plan keeping parts of Jarvis compartmentalized for ease of use. I'm going to upload pics of the helmet tomorrow.
97766420dabb70a0af0a71fce81e5665.jpg

Pics of the helmet I promised. It's I'd say about 65% complete bc I still have to touch up a few places, print a few more pieces and weather it still. The code portion for JARVIS is coming right along. I'll put up forearm pics as soon as it's done being painted and weathered.

2a2bf13a90ba02b99d8bd959330b0cb6.jpg
42037011890c9aa39575ac2f05e90b95.jpg
d74f66b7a176e12c91b09700fd20a5be.jpg
ff5f37861d7d0f7b483fd31e129bb4ba.jpg

Big fan of your hinge setup and the forearm ribs. Is that based off the rib file you worked with before? I printed that one in ninjaflex in red, but it was a translucent red. I couldnt get it to print cleanly, and support material in ninjafex is murder to clean up!

Big fan of your hinge setup and the forearm ribs. Is that based off the rib file you worked with before? I printed that one in ninjaflex in red, but it was a translucent red. I couldnt get it to print cleanly, and support material in ninjafex is murder to clean up!

Thanks. It's similar to the one I posted before but I redesigned it for the most part. This cuff is a lot thinner and will for the most part cover your entire wrist and about 1/4 of your lower palm. I did the lower palm portion for when you put your hand to fire the replusor (there was gap between the glove and wrist cuff but that's covered now). The new file I made has a then slit in the top to put your wrist in and will be covered by the handplate so it will look like one solid piece. Also I managed to print it without any supports so it came out clean. The hinge setup is the TheRealTonyStark's hinge setup that I remodeled to be able to put in the Mark 42.

Last edited:
So I couldn't wait and did a quick little video of Jarvis communicating back and forth the between the forearm and helmet. In the video the loud Jarvis voice is the one in the forearm and quieter one is the one for the helmet setup. I posted a pic of everything in the forearm with the exception of an amp change for the speaker. Basically I can tell Jarvis via the helmet what to do with the forearm and he does it. He also reports back to the helmet certain things.

Photo of all the forearm electronics:
View attachment 720764

and the quick little video I made for the communications test:

Great job so far. I am printing my own suit, its a mk 45, the hinges in your helmet should work for me too, would love to get the stl files.

Great job so far. I am printing my own suit, its a mk 45, the hinges in your helmet should work for me too, would love to get the stl files.
Unfortunately since I bought the design files a while ago from @TheRealStark I don't know if he would want me to give them away. However, if you go over to shapeways look at his storefront, you can download his older version from there. I have all his versions of the helmet hinges and depending on your helmet you might have to modify it some for it to actually work. The link to his shapeways store is Stark Industries and you might have to make an account to the "download product" button.

Got forearm done tonite...would've been done sooner however the weather can't make its mind up when it comes to rain or not. I'm posting pics of some painting I did over the weekend and last week. I'm gonna post final pics of the forearm tomorrow. On a side note the helmet is coming along slowly between it and the Mark 39...I should have more progress of both after my upcoming this weekend
c495914c64f0413bce92b198493477cd.jpg

887f9ec2ee554db54229102af79436de.jpg
5ee20266e81a8c975fcfd263851213fe.jpg

So I've moved into the fourth iteration of Jarvis. However this will be version will be a little bit different...okay a lot different. I will have a real-life working heads-up display running off of a raspberry pi. I'm hoping to make this project easily replicated for everyone here in the forums that's interested. Plus make it semi-affordable meaning just the raspberry pi 3 , raspberry pi camera and arduino setup. The raspberry pi side of the things will run mainly Processing because it's a lot simpler in the long run. I'm hoping to have a something as far as a picture or video showing what I've done so far within the next couple of days.

This is a little sneak peek of the at work in progress HUD. I don't have any incoming data from the arduino added in just yet. I hoping to have a few different HUD displays so that way they can be used in different suits ie War Machine (thank @TKCC71 for suggestion). I'm gonna try to have another big update come the end of the week. (Excuse my ugly mug lol)
18362321_10158702767605525_1311886551_o.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back