Gate Keys from Ready Player One

zenix

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm very excited about this film. The book was awesome and you can listen to the audiobook read by Will Wheton. The movie is scheduled to come out next year. I'm hoping for a trailer this summer. I know it's Please share any reference shots you get your hands on! I'd love to get started.

Are you looking to make them accurate to the movie or are you just looking to just do what you picture them looking like from what you read in the book?
?

Are you looking to make them accurate to the movie or are you just looking to just do what you picture them looking like from what you read in the book?
?
Im very excited to make them from the movie. The books description isn't nearly enough to know what to make... It'd just be up to interpretation, which I'm not above, but really want to make it accurate. I'm waiting for the trailer :). Lemme know if you find any preview shots or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We've got one picture! Nothing about keys yet though :/

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

super quick rough sketch of the crystal gate key
keysketch.png

I just saw the trailer and instantly thought I should pop in here and tell you the key was in it, hehe. My brother in law loved the book. I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Trailer fills me with dread, but sure was a pretty key. I can imagine all the keys looking verrry different to each other. Make a lovely set.

Awesome project! Very excited for the film, loved the book, read it several times. Tried to listen to the audiobook but I absolutely cannot stand Wil Wheaton in any form. Can't wait to see more progress as we get additional footage to work with!

Absolutely going to make these. All we're missing is Jade, yes? And where did you see the teeth on the crystal key like that? thinking about it, I can see that fitting the lock closer, but they still seem a little aggressively off center. I dunno. Looks Great so far! Will you be making the models available for download?

Also, what program did you use to model these?

So, throughout the day today Funko has been unveiling a torrent of new products on their Instagram ahead of New York Toy Fair, and one of the posts that caught my attention is one showing off some Ready Player One products, the most interesting of which appears to be replicas of the keys. I believe this is also the first clear shot we've had of all three keys.

27878328_583687601976203_8107005746228494336_n.jpg

well... Looks like i have some modeling to do tonight... WooHoo!!!

Friendly reminder, the keys in the picture may not be 100% to the film like so many toy releases before. One detail I noticed off from the picture is that the As in the Crystal Key aren't silver like in the trailers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back