Wolverine square Enix style armor

Unfortunately no full suit up yet. I want to get the strapping finished before I do. But Didn't have a lot of time tonight to work on it, but I did manage to get some small strapping adjustments done and scaled the back piece to the helmet just have to glue it on. I'm going to try and have this complete by July the 8th. Wish me luck lol.There is a comic con close by that I want to try and wear it to. Still a lot left to do. But here is a picture of the armor with the helmet.
4eeacf9134a9c3ea7dacdf9d8e85a320.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the helmet! The evolution on that is brilliant.

Your proportions are all so spot-on. Layered, fitted armor like this is hard to do in foam without it looking like the costume is wearing you- but you've done an awesome job getting it to really fit well and still have all the details and silhouette of the source.

Love the helmet! The evolution on that is brilliant.

Your proportions are all so spot-on. Layered, fitted armor like this is hard to do in foam without it looking like the costume is wearing you- but you've done an awesome job getting it to really fit well and still have all the details and silhouette of the source.

Thanks man, i appreciate that. I was really nervous going into it but I'm really happy with the way it's all turning out.

Ok so I can finally say all the foam building is complete lol. I do still have to make his belt accessories but I'll have to make a trip to Lowes and there not essential atm and can be added later.
Here is the first complete suit up and aside from some strapping to add in places it's to loose or falling I'm happy with it. I'll have to adjust the thigh armor a bit, I feel like it needs to be moved up. And I'm going to have to buy a thinner pair of pants the ones I have are bunching to much and a compression sleeveless shirt. But that should be it.
ba1e4748f159f952bf5113fd633fd794.jpg
dcd59a9a0ca8854b23f15481e0ea3f89.jpg
cd43c82ad31e92ff11859980797730ad.jpg
69bf6f2f7bcc13537339d240861b0618.jpg

Now on to sealing. Probably won't be post anything for awhile since sealing isn't really exciting stuff, but once I start the paint I'll be sure to add some update pictures.

Last edited:
Ok, so you have SMP Designs posting at least twice In this thread about how fantastic this is..... just saying.

This is really, really cool. If you don't mind could you say what your sealing plan is?

Ok, so you have SMP Designs posting at least twice In this thread about how fantastic this is..... just saying.

This is really, really cool. If you don't mind could you say what your sealing plan is?

Thank you. :) The plan is to use flexbond three coats. First straight flexbond then watered down for the two after.

Wanted to post of progress pictures. And to say I love this paint so far. The coverage has been amazing so far. I'm still going to go over it with a second coat of black before I start painting the yellow in. The nose will be templated and drawn on to make sure I get the yellow correct on both sides.
26a8487e2c8d70329a2356310435aa91.jpg
36f2d37afa109f35fbc80e22187772d7.jpg
6c6a7b01467ceafd7566279cdfffc5b7.jpg
df0b2427aded4398a5a477aa25875b98.jpg
52d0b6d29116172ad4a4c6041f1600d2.jpg
aec5ca867b1eeb3571df60a23efb8fd2.jpg

Curious as to your choice of Angelus for paint. Not bad or good - just wondering why you chose that.

Wanted to use something that would flex really well, with the flex bond.This is my first time using it so I hope it's not a bust lol. But so far I like it, I took one of the straps last night and fully bend it back on itself and had zero wrinkles. So hopefully this will carry to the larger parts I still have to do some test once it's all done.

Wanted to use something that would flex really well, with the flex bond.This is my first time using it so I hope it's not a bust lol. But so far I like it, I took one of the straps last night and fully bend it back on itself and had zero wrinkles. So hopefully this will carry to the larger parts I still have to do some test once it's all done.

Cool, I've used it for leather pieces before, but never thought to use it on other things.

Wanted to show another progress update, also a side note. I do not like painting yellow... I tried my airbrush but I've always had issue with them.( could be my set-up) but anyway I'm hand brushing it now. The chest is in coat 6 I think I've lost count. Still need to paint the back. I did however finish one piece for my sanity lol. The hand plate the finished. I ended up using a silver metallic sharpie I had a lot more control with this. And I like the way it turned out.
I also got my fabric in to white out my eyes, I'll be velcroing this in once it's finished being painted. Lead excuse my expression in the white eye picture, the fabric was just laying in there and was rubbing against my eyes.
Pictures are below and as always thanks for looking. Hopefully the next post will be painting completed.
3fc2735333825d534bda929a95e4822c.jpg
79c4168e845cb590deb6af5b564b1eda.jpg
efefc00bca2c78fbdc3ca58c851f316b.jpg
97d5323306e730bb562b2390c83751b9.jpg
0f08b48d29c67a9c7e12b2f34a14b365.jpg

3d70c0656c3652c6aa25da3b557e2dab.jpg
da1498d84caa2dbd4529fbea6c89eb99.jpg

Last edited:
Primary colors are always tricky - especially yellow and red. Blue, for some reason, seems to be more friendly. I think it's something in the general makeup of the colors themselves that make them hard to work with. I've had success with giving them a slight mix. Make a very light grey (I mean VERY light) and mix it in - you'll get the same color profile but have much better coverage and a smoother coat.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back