Wolverine square Enix style armor

Well after a failed attempted at making my own helmet patter( the template was way to small) I made this.
46ee1af035207ed9e9884e720b070060.jpg
ccf4413bfa720264d9a5fc561f2214dd.jpg
73e8c2fe1760827f801d196e5db4c1a9.jpg

This will be my bones basically for the design.
I'm going to trim the ears back a little bit and add all the detail around the helmet in varies. Sizes of foam.
a2d78e667968f03dad49305e2c392fbd.jpg

I'm really happy with the size and the way it all turned out. Still a ways to go to make it the variant style. Thanks for looking let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! Very excited to see how you build this up to look like the variant, definitely take some pics of the progress as you go! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Annnddd you updated as I posted hahaha, man how do you do those templates? Stick paper on top and draw your lines?

Sweet! Very excited to see how you build this up to look like the variant, definitely take some pics of the progress as you go! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Annnddd you updated as I posted hahaha, man how do you do those templates? Stick paper on top and draw your lines?

lol perfect timing. When I normal make a template I get my basic measurements, and then free hand one side and eye ball the proportions. I then hold it up to make sure I have the size correct.Hope this helps.. I'm getting some pictures together and showing how I'm doing the helmet in my next post. I realized I was doing things the hard way.

So after posting last night and trying to use card stock which would have taken awhile I stumbled across one of pannaus props videos and in it he made a template on a helmet using tape. And it hit me I was doing this the hard way.
So I taped up my helmet and drew my template on painters tape. definitely want to use low stick tape so it doesn't mess up your foam.
2272ae054ab3d79c98735fda87c7dd78.jpg
7e2cea9fdb68bd48f64b8b8657e3cc15.jpg

Now all that's left to do is cut out each piece and transfer them to card stock then to foam.
f65f20d936915ee7d28cb76e5119b66c.jpg

lol perfect timing. When I normal make a template I get my basic measurements, and then free hand one side and eye ball the proportions. I then hold it up to make sure I have the size correct.Hope this helps.. I'm getting some pictures together and showing how I'm doing the helmet in my next post. I realized I was doing things the hard way.

I attempted to do your style last night for my shins with drawing the details on top of the template, very basic compared to yours though but it worked quite well.

I might have to try the tape method next :)

I attempted to do your style last night for my shins with drawing the details on top of the template, very basic compared to yours though but it worked quite well.

I might have to try the tape method next :)

That's awesome. Glad it helped you out. A tip I learned from ebonywarrior is to trace your template and use the copy to add your details and to cut up, that way you will have the master down the road if you want to use it again. The way I've done it is to cut it up into a million pieces and then toss them once I'm finished. So far I've liked the tape method, hopefully it all turns out ok.

It fits you like a glove.

Thank you. I took a gamble with the sizing. I have a small head so I scaled the pep down 10% and made sure it fitted once I cut out the paper. With the foam thickness it's really comfy and fitted.

Here are a few pictures with the first jaw details on and a picture of the back. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do the ears. I'll have to cut the lower ear off and it's got to look right so a little hesitant to do it. Still have to apply heat and shape all the trip and that should get rid of any little fuzzies.
2e9ea3fc7205dbe828d658923e6fba4d.jpg
21ab0ba6a18b4cb6dcdb8ce3de7ba17d.jpg

b9014cdc9dc8ebada253602b064e4e32.jpg

Finished all the front detail and strapping tonight and made the back plate.
ed42e99291b0141bdd8bb55050cbf8e6.jpg
20942e8e66a28969d1a98e7f4347f232.jpg
c05665751033427499cf67ea588a3af4.jpg

I still need to attach the back permanently but waiting to try it on with the chest piece to make sure it won't hit against my collar.
I've also decided not to do the ear pieces and leave the sides like they are. I really like how the ears look and not a high fan of the ear cuffs the figure has. Maybe one day I'll make one with them but I thing the helmet looks fine without them. Let me know what you guys think, hopefully my next post will be a 100% suit up before I seal and paint.

I think it looks perfect, but sadly -I think again- I won't see the finished suit until return from my military duty. Great job bro.

Thanks man.I wish you the best, and stay safe. Looking forward to getting your opinion on the suit once you get back.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back