Wolverine square Enix style armor

The ab band is 1mm craft foam, that I'm building up and will reinforce before I strap it.The main chest piece is 10mm base with 1,3, and 6mm details added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e9d88c36493962b3c4da443ca9d54549.jpg

Strapped the chest tonight and trimmed up the ab section. Just a few more details to add before I move on to the next piece.
e920cbdbadf1815938b405640cab5a2e.jpg
14efa335cc83c78d385024cc86c6a0ac.jpg

I finished the chest tonight and onto the forearms, can't wait to make my claws though then I'll really feel like wolverine. Lol
Here is a few pictures of just the forearm template. I hope to start working on it soon. Thanks for looking.
15a3997283e3037ca8748fac77af4f89.jpg

e9d6e1b6ea68c2e8ccb9361a3b2d6b99.jpg

So made some progress tonight. I've almost completed one forearm completely I didn't have the right goggly eyes so I'll have to ick some up to add in the final detail.
18bfb97c1a533a2f8f476973afde1af9.jpg

At first I was a bit worried about the size but after reviewing the reference picture I think I have it close, I just have no where near the arm size (I wish)as the wolverine figure. Let me know what your opinions are if it seems scaled right. Here are a few pictures of it on.
94a8ccb3eab6481f9b771267df52c194.jpg

9244368a800545892ef23b3badd234e0.jpg

e94eb433388cd2e678de22008101c4c8.jpg

Wanted to show the completed gauntlets. The goggly eyes make it look a little funny but once I paint seal it and paint it you'll never know. On to the hand-plate next. Also considering making the claws out of wood but haven't decided yet, it'll be that or maybe foam board. Thanks for looking.

Looks cute with eyes. :D

For claws you may want to buy this:

https://www.wish.com/c/58ccf233a7318c53c425d00f

Haha yea, I just thought this morning maybe I should have cut the back out of them and removed the eyes but it's all good. Those look sweet I might have to grab a set just to have, but looking at the reference pictures the figures claws are different from the movie's. Looks like there a bit longer and have more of a curve in them. Thank you for the thought though.

Hand plates are finished, they were more of a challenge than I thought but I'm happy with the way they turned out.
7d8e5ab89bb7962514fbe1137cbbfde4.jpg
dffef24dd4b597e8c880a0f08fb0e20d.jpg
cca5f9d9666a5cd0c80d25e3e840db45.jpg
3f20ebd4362bf1c873031d871fd97ab2.jpg

I've started sketching up my claw template. No pictures to post yet but it's a work in progress.

Last edited:
Awesome build, any tips or tricks on how to make your own templates? Do you have a mannequin you make them off of?

I really want a mannequin torso but I just haven't purchased one yet. I had a duct tape on my it fell apart when I I moved. For the chest and shoulders I take a few measurements and then it's trail and error with paper templates.For the forearm I tried something new, laid my arm down and traced it out and found the center line and made one side. Same with the hand-plate except I made a whole template instead of a half. I do plan on making a duct tape full leg and making my thigh and boot template off of that and I'll post the progress here. Hope this helps. And thank you, your is awesome to looking forward to seeing the cowl, all painted.

Last edited:
I really want a mannequin torso but I just haven't purchased one yet. I had a duct tape on my it fell apart when I I moved. For the chest and shoulders I take a few measurements and then it's trail and error with paper templates.For the forearm I tried something new, laid my arm down and traced it out and found the center line and made one side. Same with the hand-plate except I made a whole template instead of a half. I do plan on making a duct tape full leg and making my thigh and boot template off of that and I'll post the progress here. Hope this helps. And thank you, your is awesome to looking forward to seeing the cowl, all painted.

Cheers for the tips! Every time I've tried to make a pattern I've failed at it but I guess I just gotta keep persisting!

Oh thank you :) painting is fun but worrying at the same time hahaha

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back