(PIC HEAVY) Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

Re: Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

you really put a lot of effort into this

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Like most people, I could really relate to Peter Parker so Spider-Man will always be special to me. And now after watching the movie and literally seeing myself through Tom's Peter Parker, I really want this suit to be perfect to me

Had a blast at my second screening!

image-2.jpeg

image.jpeg

And you know... Spider-Man gets thirsty too. :lol

image-3.jpeg

That's amazing man! (Hehe see what I did there) been following this thread for a while now and you're doing awesome work keep it up! On a side note I wore the Stark Tech suit to my premiere here in Canada and after seeing the movie I'm getting all sorts of new ideas to improve it hehe (not trying to derail your thread tho just wanted to share :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did u get the goggles online? Been looking for one in the Philippines but can't seem to find any

Did u get the goggles online? Been looking for one in the Philippines but can't seem to find any

Yeah I ordered online. Through lazada hahaha. Just search for "Black vintage cosplay goggles" and you should see a lot of buying options. I think they're around P300-500. No shipping fee

This build is inspiring. I've always wanted to make a suit for myself and the homemade one looks to be the easiest one to build :lol

Any advice for someone who's just starting out?

Really looking forward to seeing your Stark suit come together!

This build is inspiring. I've always wanted to make a suit for myself and the homemade one looks to be the easiest one to build :lol

Any advice for someone who's just starting out?

Really looking forward to seeing your Stark suit come together!

Thanks man! I'm working real hard on the Stark suit.

Basically for the homemade suit, it's comfort that you should be after. While it is a very casual suit, it does get quite hot especially at cons in the summer. Find the right blue sweater and sweatpants that are durable yet lightweight and thin enough so you won't be sweating all over.

Goodluck with your build man! Looking forward to seeing it. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out.

Re: Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build!

whoa! goggles came out great. literally made an account to comment this. link to 2mm sintra? i tried looking for it, but all i seem to find is a square shaped board and im not sure if that's what i'm looking for..

Re: Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build!

whoa! goggles came out great. literally made an account to comment this. link to 2mm sintra? i tried looking for it, but all i seem to find is a square shaped board and im not sure if that's what i'm looking for..

Thanks man! That's exactly what sintra is, it's a sheet of this plastic-foamy thing. I got mine locally for about $2 for a 24x24 inch sheet. You don't really need that much, but it is a handy medium to keep around.

Thanks man! That's exactly what sintra is, it's a sheet of this plastic-foamy thing. I got mine locally for about $2 for a 24x24 inch sheet. You don't really need that much, but it is a handy medium to keep around.
i see, so you cut out little squares and glued them onto the goggles? easily the most screen accurate goggles i've seen so far

i see, so you cut out little squares and glued them onto the goggles? easily the most screen accurate goggles i've seen so far

Thanks! And yup! I cut them into tiny squares and glued them around the cap of the goggles. I also used 4mm sintra for the outer side panels.

updates on the underoos suit?

Slowly puffy painting the blues. So far I have 4/10 sections of the blue done, and I'm saving all the reds for my move to Sweden. I only have like two courses that I'm gonna take there for 6 months so I have a lot of free time. But here's a little glimpse of what the end result would end up looking like.

IMG_20170721_154753_262.jpgIMG_20170721_154753_260.jpg

I love how the blue sections change shade depending on the lighting.

Do any of you have an idea where to put an invisible zipper in the suit?

Do any of you have an idea where to put an invisible zipper in the suit?
usually there's a seam that separates the back from the front of the body. that's the ideal place to put the u-zip. it goes from one armpit down to the belt, across the back, then up to the other armpit again. or you could just place it in the center of the back.

@matthewdelacruz any progress of the belt cartigadges?

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back