DaveG's "Green Leader" Y-Wing - Paint and Detailing

Congratulations on finishing her Dave! I know this is the culmination of years of thought design and dreams for you. She looks incredible! I have no words. Maybe you covered this previously, but how and where are you displaying her?

Thanks Mike. Yeah, it's only the culmination of 40 years of wanting and a couple years of actual work! The model is on display in my office at Disney along with all my other Star Wars models.

Thanks Mike. Yeah, it's only the culmination of 40 years of wanting and a couple years of actual work! The model is on display in my office at Disney along with all my other Star Wars models.
That would be an office I would love to see!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dave, thank you. This was a fantastic and inspiring project to follow. If I may be so bold (and geeky), "May the Force be with you... always."

Dave, thanks for sharing. I discovered RPF today after seeing a video of your y-wing on Youtube. Looking forward to using your techniques to do a green leader of my own (though only 1/48 scale).

Started in on the piping. For the most part I'm using heavy gage solid copper electrical wire. Easy to bend and cheap. As cool as they look in natural copper. the pipes are going to get painted,

View attachment 783567
Hey Dave do you recall the gauges of Copper Wire you used. I'm going to be piping soon and would like to do the same.

Thx Chad

Hey Dave do you recall the gauges of Copper Wire you used. I'm going to be piping soon and would like to do the same.

Thx Chad
Not specifically but my guess would be mostly 16 gauge, maybe a few pieces of 14 which is a little thicker. There is no "right" answer, use what looks best to you. In all likelihood the ILM modelmakers used 1/16" brass wire for a lot of it on the original. I used copper because it's easier to get nice bends than the brass. 16 gauge wire is 1/16" in diameter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back