Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Are the links for these shoes still the right ones or have they changed?
If they have, please cavx me so I can update the first page. I know they upped the price and it seems Martha and Rebecca so longer seem to work there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a really quick google search for that product, didn't see it as a glue, only a clear coating
Where'd you buy it?

Sorry, can't seem to find it anymore myself...don't remember where I got it. But this is what it looks like...

2038536.jpg

Sorry, can't seem to find it anymore myself...don't remember where I got it. But this is what it looks like...

View attachment 778370

Is that a liquid or gel type glue?
DragonGalvy what brand of innersoles did you buy again?

I have FOOTCARE and just bought another pair of the same brand, but they are quite different. These are more of a memory foam and quite flat. My other soles are contoured and have big arch supports as well as a plastic reinforcement foot cup around the heel. Might see if I can't exchange these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, my favorite part of the ordering process. Waiting with no word for the QC photos

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Yeah we have all been there.

So I got these insoles for the MAGs. Not quite the ones I wanted but will do.

These are generic one size fits all and you simply cut them down to the line that matched the shoe size.

According to the chart, US10 is C. So these will do from US8 to US13. Only thing wrong is there is no different lines for the heel width. And you can't really cut them down due to the rigid plastic foot frame on the bottom. I chose these because of the foot frame given I have removed the batteries and had to fill in the cavity with some foam.

These are the Male Sports version. I actually wanted the Women's version because not only is it slight slimmer (like the MAGs are) but they are also grey. I'm kind of wishing these were pink (hover board reference).

I have had a pair of these in another pair of boots for a while and figured these might be better than the thinner foam version I have been using.
610f66ec8793346a0a3fadbeecef6560.jpg
5e652683e1341067940c37ca718821fb.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Is that a liquid or gel type glue?
@DragonGalvy what brand of innersoles did you buy again?

I have FOOTCARE and just bought another pair of the same brand, but they are quite different. These are more of a memory foam and quite flat. My other soles are contoured and have big arch supports as well as a plastic reinforcement foot cup around the heel. Might see if I can't exchange these.
This is the product - you got the right brand, just the wrong model.
http://www.kmart.com.au/product/footcare-ultra-sport-insoles---blue/948323
Strangely, the blue version (supposedly for women) seems to be just the right size to fit into my size 10 V3's. I remember cutting down the orange version quite a lot to get them to fit into the V2's years ago. I've found they don't crush down like most generic insoles do over time.

This is the product - you got the right brand, just the wrong model.
http://www.kmart.com.au/product/footcare-ultra-sport-insoles---blue/948323
Strangely, the blue version (supposedly for women) seems to be just the right size to fit into my size 10 V3's. I remember cutting down the orange version quite a lot to get them to fit into the V2's years ago. I've found they don't crush down like most generic insoles do over time.

They are in and even after cutting down, they still feel a touch long. The tip of toe just felt bunched or folded with my hand. I'll see later how they feel with a socked foot in there. I got them from BigW, not KMart, so it might be a trip down the shops as they are open till 9 to get the blue ones.

WOW how good do these inner soles feel under foot? They almost seem to correct the way we should be walking (strike on the outside the heel and roll off the onside of the toe). Arch support is full and nice and solid. Totally worth the money.

WOW how good do these inner soles feel under foot? They almost seem to correct the way we should be walking (strike on the outside the heel and roll off the onside of the toe). Arch support is full and nice and solid. Totally worth the money.
Been tellin' you they're the best for the MAGs since the V2's, buddy :D Now you know. And knowing is half the battle....... (if anyone gets that reference)

I'm sorry, I'm a tad confused. Why are these so good for the Mags?

The V2's had a fairly hard sole, and the insoles increased the comfort quite considerably. They also are 'shaped' insoles, so keep your foot in the middle for those people who 'lean in' when they walk, and arch support too. And I think the plastic frame might have helped my V3's electronics last so long. Less direct impact on the components/joiners/etc I guess.

Been tellin' you they're the best for the MAGs since the V2's, buddy :D Now you know. And knowing is half the battle....... (if anyone gets that reference)

Yeah, I'd bought a pair of these for another set of boots and they made them wearable, but also tight, so I didn't really use them. I was using a different version in both the V2 and V3. They were also sculpted, but quite a bit thinner than these. They were a nice grey that matched though, but they were more just compressed EVA foam. These seems to have a silicone gel heel pad.

The V2's had a fairly hard sole, and the insoles increased the comfort quite considerably. They also are 'shaped' insoles, so keep your foot in the middle for those people who 'lean in' when they walk, and arch support too. And I think the plastic frame might have helped my V3's electronics last so long. Less direct impact on the components/joiners/etc I guess.
Ah, I see. Well then, I'll have to pick myself up a pair

Ah, I see. Well then, I'll have to pick myself up a pair

The "MAG lean" is part of what makes MAGs cool, but if you walk flat on the sole, long term, that can't be good for your feet, ankles and eventually knees and hips. Arch supports help correct pronation (leaning in of the foot) which can result in long term injury. A good way to tell how you are walking is to simply look at the wear pattern on your own shoes. You should be seeing more wear on the outer heel. If you are seeing more or equal wear on the inner edge, you have a problem. These are not medically certified, but they do seem to work.

The "MAG lean" is part of what makes MAGs cool, but if you walk flat on the sole, long term, that can't be good for your feet, ankles and eventually knees and hips. Arch supports help correct pronation (leaning in of the foot) which can result in long term injury. A good way to tell how you are walking is to simply look at the wear pattern on your own shoes. You should be seeing more wear on the outer heel. If you are seeing more or equal wear on the inner edge, you have a problem. These are not medically certified, but they do seem to work.
Well, it sucks that these are only sold outside of the United States :(

What do you guys this about these:
https://www.sneakershields.com/store/ . Think it'll help the electronics last longer?

Last edited:
Well, it sucks that these are only sold outside of the United States :(

What do you guys this about these:
https://www.sneakershields.com/store/ . Think it'll help the electronics last longer?

We can always ship you a pair of these innersoles.

Those things in the link look like a toe box. Given we have been chasing down a flat version of the sock toe for ever, do you really want to go boot toe again?

We can always ship you a pair of these innersoles.

Those things in the link look like a toe box. Given we have been chasing down a flat version of the sock toe for ever, do you really want to go boot toe again?
That would be sweet if you can ship me a pair. And, I don't care if it's boot toe or sock toe. If it helps protect the electronics, I'm game

That would be sweet if you can ship me a pair. And, I don't care if it's boot toe or sock toe. If it helps protect the electronics, I'm game

The boot toe protector looks like an insert to keep the toe of the shoe smooth - no wrinkles. They won't do anything to protect the electronics.

These innersoles can because the plastic foot frame is quite rigid.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back