Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

In my eyes, these should be addressed way before a PL version is created, especially considering they've got about 18 different updates for the Yeezys.

Updates seem to be based on the number of units sold and I am guessing they sell way more Yeezys than they have of these MAGs. Having said that, what your asking is not unreasonable as there is no real "tooling" to change out like would be the case if they updated the mid-sole. They just need a slimmer last and more accurate material.

Updates seem to be based on the number of units sold and I am guessing they sell way more Yeezys than they have of these MAGs. Having said that, what your asking is not unreasonable as there is no real "tooling" to change out like would be the case if they updated the mid-sole. They just need a slimmer last and more accurate material.

That's definitely right about the Yeezy's...they are insanely popular and A LOT of different factories are making them...so buyers are going to buy the ones that look the most genuine. That's why David constantly improves them. With these Mags we don't have a bunch of different factories working on different versions of V3 making improvements....if someone came along and made a better pair than Davids, and he started losing sells for them...then I think he would really upgrade them. Right now all the sellers are selling the same Mags, so no need to change his pairs when people are still buying them and no one is selling more accurate versions. Heck...I don't think I've seen many sellers with the dimmed LEDS even...so that already puts Davids over the other pairs.

Nice job on the soles, glad you finally got that pressure pot! You're in for a good time!!

Have these even been released yet?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I don't think so.
1506137438677646425381.jpg
Alright, now all I need is the labels, and the rip of the original DVD (If I can get it. If not I'll just have guestimate how it would be)

That's definitely right about the Yeezy's...they are insanely popular and A LOT of different factories are making them...so buyers are going to buy the ones that look the most genuine. That's why David constantly improves them. With these Mags we don't have a bunch of different factories working on different versions of V3 making improvements....if someone came along and made a better pair than Davids, and he started losing sells for them...then I think he would really upgrade them. Right now all the sellers are selling the same Mags, so no need to change his pairs when people are still buying them and no one is selling more accurate versions. Heck...I don't think I've seen many sellers with the dimmed LEDS even...so that already puts Davids over the other pairs.

Nice job on the soles, glad you finally got that pressure pot! You're in for a good time!!

I also think because more people are buying, the molds have been paid for and they can write the old ones off. With the MAGs, I guess they have probably broke even, but I don't think they are in the position to make new parts at a whim. Unlike us working in rubber, their molds are machined from steel and are very expensive to make. Therefore, you need to turn out many thousands of part before you can upgrade.

So in regards to my soles, I making my parts from scratch which is quite involved but these can be scaled to any size. I am also using laser cut parts for the physical master parts to be molded. The challenge right now is finding less than 1mm material to cut the waffle pattern out from.

Come across a little bit of a problem with the DVD label. When the center hole is the 23/32" that it needs to be, the rest of the label dosent reach the edges of the dvd

Come across a little bit of a problem with the DVD label. When the center hole is the 23/32" that it needs to be, the rest of the label dosent reach the edges of the dvd
I can't say that I have actually seen the label of the DVD. Every time I have seen an image of the disc, it has always been the data side. My guess is that it was attached to the poster by double sided tape.

2nd Con in the MAGs. Kind of sad when my pair are the only pair there.
81cc3989fab6cdcfd10e0863bd701f09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I have an original Mag DVD,so I'll take pics. It's was attacked to the poster via a foam disc that fit through the DVD center hole.

Would you possibly be able to rip an ISO image from it and send it to me?

Whats strange ke that the DVD seems to be blank. It was sent to me by another Mag owner who had sold his. I've tried to play it in several different players but none can read it.

Whats strange ke that the DVD seems to be blank. It was sent to me by another Mag owner who had sold his. I've tried to play it in several different players but none can read it.
Strange.... Maybe he just slapped a label on it and said it was good enough

no. I know the person very well and he sent it to me for free. It's original. No scratches or anything. He also sent his letter from the Fox Foundation
Then that's even more peculiar... Have you tried putting it in the computer and using file explorer to look though the contents? More than likely, you've already done that though

Does anyone else have a Mag DVD? No offense NickyMabbs , it's just a little bit tedious having to wait when I have everything else that I need to make the DVD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I just ordered a pair of the updated V3's and now waiting for the QC pics. Hope it's ok to post them on here when I get them so you could check them for me? I know they won't be 100%, but as everyone wants a decent pair.

Great posts by the way. I've been reading a fair bit and learning a lot too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back