Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Ok so after following rubberpoultry's experience with David I decided to contact him with a deal.
I offered to buy a pair of mag that were already broken for $120. He countered with $200 I countered with $150 he told me $200 is the lowest he could go. I asked him what would be wrong with the shoes he told me "maybe the light can't work". After 3 days of talking to him trying to get him to give me the box, 2 circuit boards, and a cheaper price this is what we agreed upon. I will get the shoes for $200 with the lights not working.
Lol he wouldnt budge on anything else. I really tried to get him to add something else, he just wouldn't.
I figured this is a good deal. The shoes are going to break eventually. I might as well pay a lot less then asking for them. I also figured I will be able to fix them. The only issue would be if the circuit board was bad (why I tried to get him to throw 2 in).
What do you guys think? I was going to send the money tomorrow. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.
Thanks!
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dude, it's great you might be able to fix them but I would have paid $200 for V3's that didn't light up in a snap even 20 years ago :D

I just used your suggestion. I tried to make it broken English as coherent as possible that a toddler could understand. No disrespect to the Chinese, it was more for me because I have no idea what I'm doing. However when I tried to copy and paste the Kanji(?) it didn't show up when I submitted . So I did it again and copied and pasted the pronunciation underneath the characters. Which I know is not right either.

Back to the Mags...

If you made a gitd set that replaced the all the lights, including all 3 colors of the ankle bubble, and it lasted for a semi decent amount of time I'd totally buy it.

You should be able to copy the noodles into the translate box. That is how I do it anyway.

I'll go and see what they are offering so far as GITD tomorrow. I also need to get more silicone to finish off the V3 sole molds.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, it's great you might be able to fix them but I would have paid $200 for V3's that didn't light up in a snap even 20 years ago :D

Was happy to pay $360 for Air Pressure in 1990! Closest thing to the MAGs Nike ever released until this Future Boot that I bought a few days ago.

You should be able to copy the noodles into the translate box. That is how I do it anyway.

I could cut and paste them but when I'd submit the message box was empty. It may have something th do with using a chrome book. The attachment button isn't there either. I have to use another laptop when I nerp to attach a file. Windows loads the attachment button but Firefox doesn't. Won't load on my iPhone either. It also loads and looks completely different on the chromebook and my phone. So I can see the site 3 different ways. I just want the "classic site", no matter what site I go to. I keep this site on the classic version since I look on my phone.

You should make gitd inserts for the two small inside parts of the sole and the big circle on the bottom. I feel like they should have been designed like that originally.

Last edited:
I've been watching Mags on ebay for so long, even though I now have a pair I can't stop peeking.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253373624846?ul_noapp=true

I'm really curious about this pair. Did someone mod them? That charger looks to be micro USB. Something weird going on with some of these photos too. These look like V3s to me.

Screenshot 2018-01-17 16.16.55.png

Screenshot 2018-01-17 16.17.18.png

I could cut and paste them but when I'd submit the message box was empty. It may have something th do with using a chrome book. The attachment button isn't there either. I have to use another laptop when I nerp to attach a file. Windows loads the attachment button but Firefox doesn't. Won't load on my iPhone either. It also loads and looks completely different on the chromebook and my phone. So I can see the site 3 different ways. I just want the "classic site", no matter what site I go to. I keep this site on the classic version since I look on my phone.

You should make gitd inserts for the two small inside parts of the sole and the big circle on the bottom. I feel like they should have been designed like that originally.
Nomally I used a PC but I upload images from my phone.

On a PC running W10 and Google Translate

In this instance, it seems that the translation has worked. It is not always the case. Notice it did add an extra comma, but at least the wording is correct

When I buy my anamorphic lenses, I will sometime copy and paste both the original English message along with the translated to Chinese version.
25ccbcc5d71c76d0720688dddf78d714.jpg
e3b3cf840605705536764deeda7e434a.jpg
0b2df6674f11c31260351261ea09358e.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

When I was looking to buy V2s off of DHgate, I had a native Chinese speaker write an email for me in Chinese. I asked the seller to respond in Chinese so my friend would translate and he always ignored that.

I think a lot was getting lost in translation.

I never thought to double check like this. Good idea.

When I was looking to buy V2s off of DHgate, I had a native Chinese speaker write an email for me in Chinese. I asked the seller to respond in Chinese so my friend would translate and he always ignored that.

I think a lot was getting lost in translation.

I never thought to double check like this. Good idea.

I have been doing it this way since 2006. Can be very frustrating communicating with people whose first language is not English.

Bought some more molding and casting supplies today and they don't yet have their red and yellow glow powder, just green.

Bought some more molding and casting supplies today and they don't yet have their red and yellow glow powder, just green.

I should be receiving my QC pictures in a day or so. Every time I Skype David I keep suggesting he help me out and throw in the box or some extra parts. Not sure if he will but it seems like he might. But that could just be me being hopeful. In a few weeks ill know if I need a GITD kit!

Unfortunately, it looks as though the increased prices are here to stay. Airmagman is increasing the prices to the ones on David's site

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

It's probably due to so many people getting defective shoes and getting new pairs for much cheaper. Its their fault for making low quality shoes.

It's probably due to so many people getting defective shoes and getting new pairs for much cheaper. Its their fault for making low quality shoes.

The funny part (to me anyway) about all this is what when NIKE released their MAG in 2011, they said REPLICA PROP and that is best if you DO NOT WEAR these shoes. 5 years later, the Chinese make a replica of that replica and suddenly everyone is like, yeah I'm going to rock my "bling boots" and when the wires break, ******* cheap chinese made crap.

My display pair is now 14 months old, never worn and still works perfectly. I only wish that pair was US7, not US10. I wanted a 1:1 replica and not a 1:1.25 (1.33:1?).

Why do people think that if an American shoe company like NIKE made a product and stated not to wear them, that the Chinese knock off would be OK?

I disagree with the price increase. They are over priced as they are. These are still not 100%, so unless they intend to correct the mid-sole, increasing the price is NOT OK. As for the replacements, well, that is just something they need to learn to live with when dealing with the western world.

Now it seems, they don't even offer compensation to the buyers of the power lace version.

- - - Updated - - -

Chinese New Year?

When did their holiday become 2 weeks? This used to be between 3 and 5 days celebration. Now it seems that the whole country just stops for 14 days and nothing moves.

Well, I wanted to wait to say anything until it was for sure, but I was able to get David to come down on the shoes to a price point where I wouldn’t have to sleep on the couch the rest of the year.

I’m not getting a box, but he’s sending a charger and these shoes. Just got QC Picts.

I asked them to keep them on for at least 30 minutes to make sure they don’t have the problem that my first pair had.

Would appreciate a second set of eyes on these:

ef538a004e25dede8ff71f2d4c697794.jpg
cb511638da3db1dcc2c79687ed29df16.jpg
71d3e831063f12b21127ce7b552761fe.jpg
773c68ab5cec6c33c1d1a4dc8a4aee52.jpg
d0879c4cfdef1de50977f75e94023e30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back