Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

is it just me or does the first shoe not lace correctly?
it looks like it only sticks out on one side
as opposed to both sides sticking out making it crest in the center...
Only one side has ever moved. One side is sewn into the shoe, and one side goes all the way down to the lacing mechanism

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Only one side has ever moved. One side is sewn into the shoe, and one side goes all the way down to the lacing mechanism

It is the same as the elastic used on the standard shoe. One side (Swoosh side) pulls up a bit and the inner side is sewn in place.

It is the same as the elastic used on the standard shoe. One side (Swoosh side) pulls up a bit and the inner side is sewn in place.
Actually, that's not entirely the case.
The underside of the laces is lined with a white plastic that the lacing mechanism grabs onto
ad28ed33b7c865a8eeb354a87874257d.jpg

In other news, my V4's shipped last night. Oddly, even though I've never had any problems with customs, they shipped the shoes and the box separate. The shoes are DHL, and the box is EMS. Got a tracking number for both, thankfully. However, I'm now convinced that 'David' is either the name of a hive mind for all the workers there, or 'David' is whomever is on the computer that day. I sent a message regarding if they shipped or not, and he responded saying they'll send QC pics first, even though I've already received 2 emails of QC pics, and told them to ship on both of them. Oh well, I think he speed up the process after I told him I was posting a review ;)

Last edited:
Actually, that's not entirely the case.
The underside of the laces is lined with a white plastic that the lacing mechanism grabs ontohttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/ad28ed33b7c865a8eeb354a87874257d.jpg

In other news, my V4's shipped last night. Oddly, even though I've never had any problems with customs, they shipped the shoes and the box separate. The shoes are DHL, and the box is EMS. Got a tracking number for both, thankfully

No, I mean the elastic on the standard shoes pulls up a bit on the SWOOSH side. It is sewn securely on the inner side. These Power Laces seem to be the same, sewn on the inner side only.

No, I mean the elastic on the standard shoes pulls up a bit on the SWOOSH side. It is sewn securely on the inner side. These Power Laces seem to be the same, sewn on the inner side only.
Oh, I got it now.! My bad

I've been stalking the mag threads for a couple of years but I took a break from this site for a while and I was wondering if someone can clear up a few things for me.
1.So with the v3s what are the problems that people are having with the electronics and has anyone came up with a fullproof way to fix them yet.
2. How accurate is the el color on the v3s compared to the RD's and has anyone found out why the EL is dimmer on the v3s than the RDs.
3. Has anyone completely changed all the electronics in the v3 or is it only the EL that has problems.
4. Should I stay away from the v4s or is it too early to say. Guess I should just wait for Jedi to rip a pair open but I want to hear your guys opinions.
Thanks again. I'm asking most of these questions because Im looking to get a pair soon and I want to Know what I can do to make them better.

I've been stalking the mag threads for a couple of years but I took a break from this site for a while and I was wondering if someone can clear up a few things for me.
1.So with the v3s what are the problems that people are having with the electronics and has anyone came up with a fullproof way to fix them yet.

Not yet. In all honestly, we need to move from wires and go to a copper tape on electrical tape. This way the conductor is both flat and strong.

2. How accurate is the el color on the v3s compared to the RD's and has anyone found out why the EL is dimmer on the v3s than the RDs.

From the documentation done from those that have/had the 2011 shoe and now the 2016 shoe, the EL colour is the same. The cloth was slightly greenish but has now been corrected. The cloth weave is still slightly off. There are slight differences in the profile of the midsole and the V3 tends to lean back but very close. For the price I don't think you will get a better replica. Dimming of the LEDs has improved the overall lighting of the shoe. Too much power was being used by the LEDs, hence the EL looked dim. That is fixed now.
3. Has anyone completely changed all the electronics in the v3 or is it only the EL that has problems.

It has been done but this is not a DIY thing and not something I'd be comfortable doing.

4. Should I stay away from the v4s or is it too early to say. Guess I should just wait for Jedi to rip a pair open but I want to hear your guys opinions.
Thanks again. I'm asking most of these questions because Im looking to get a pair soon and I want to Know what I can do to make them better.

At this stage, I'd stay away. Time will tell, but the V3.1 seems pretty good now.

Welp, there's gonna be a delay in getting my V4's. According to David, due to the holidays, they'll be delayed for about a week

Welp, there's gonna be a delay in getting my V4's. According to David, due to the holidays, they'll be delayed for about a week

Only a week? Normally it is 2 weeks.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Only a week? Normally it is 2 weeks.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
*Applause*
Ha
Ha

Yeah, DHL tracking has is listed as 'Shipment information received'. For the box, EMS tracking has it listed as 'Dispatched from sorting center'

honestly the box is ugly imo
i like that yellow radioactive one jedifyre posted a while ago
The yellow box is the one all v3's come in. Also, the tracking has been updated, and it's now inbound for tomorrow. I'll be sure to post picks. I like both boxes the same, honestly. The way the white one opens reminds me of the DeLorean doors

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back