Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Has anyone else noticed the considerable price increase on David V3's? $800!

I seriously think he raised his prices because he was negotiating with me for a replacement pair.

It changed that day and then he wrote me to tell me he was giving me a good deal, and that they were now $800.

Crazy stuff.

I seriously think he raised his prices because he was negotiating with me for a replacement pair.

It changed that day and then he wrote me to tell me he was giving me a good deal, and that they were now $800.

Crazy stuff.
I wouldn't doubt it. I'm willing to bed money that once this is 'resolved', there's either gonna be a 'sale' or it's gonna drop back down

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Just a quick question to anyone that got the Mag's from David. Do the run true, small or big to size?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. I might have something to report in the next few days. Just have to finalize some details.

Ok so after following rubberpoultry's experience with David I decided to contact him with a deal.

I offered to buy a pair of mag that were already broken for $120. He countered with $200 I countered with $150 he told me $200 is the lowest he could go. I asked him what would be wrong with the shoes he told me "maybe the light can't work". After 3 days of talking to him trying to get him to give me the box, 2 circuit boards, and a cheaper price this is what we agreed upon.

I will get the shoes for $200 with the lights not working.

Lol he wouldnt budge on anything else. I really tried to get him to add something else, he just wouldn't.

I figured this is a good deal. The shoes are going to break eventually. I might as well pay a lot less then asking for them. I also figured I will be able to fix them. The only issue would be if the circuit board was bad (why I tried to get him to throw 2 in).

What do you guys think? I was going to send the money tomorrow. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks!

Ok so after following rubberpoultry's experience with David I decided to contact him with a deal.

I offered to buy a pair of mag that were already broken for $120. He countered with $200 I countered with $150 he told me $200 is the lowest he could go. I asked him what would be wrong with the shoes he told me "maybe the light can't work". After 3 days of talking to him trying to get him to give me the box, 2 circuit boards, and a cheaper price this is what we agreed upon.

Lol he wouldnt budge on anything else. I really tried to get him to add something else, he just wouldn't.

I figured this is a good deal. The shoes are going to break eventually. I might as well pay a lot less then asking for them. I also figured I will be able to fix them. The only issue would be if the circuit board was bad (why I tried to get him to throw 2 in).

What do you guys think? I was going to send the money tomorrow. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks!

Sounds pretty good all things considered. Hopefully it is only batteries and the video Jedifyfe shows how to fix that.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't doubt it. I'm willing to bed money that once this is 'resolved', there's either gonna be a 'sale' or it's gonna drop back down

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Not MAG related but I'm having the same problem on DHGATE. Now that I need a refund or replacement they have raised the price $20. They were all "hello friend"and "what can I do for you" in the first email but now they don't answer and their tone is completely different. I'm sure it is a hive and multiple people use that account. I finally threatened a dispute. I don't see me getting any money back now, especially what was agreed upon, but we'll see what happens. I'm not shipping anything back because it will It will cost twice as much as I slept in the item.

And, if anybody would happen to know or have the ability, what should I translate my english into on the site? I know there are mulptiple versions according to Google translate and I don't want to put something there that they still don't understand or is harder to read than my English.

Last edited:
Just a quick question to anyone that got the Mag's from David. Do the run true, small or big to size?

The higher you go the more they are true to size I believe. But I wear a size 8 regular shoe, but size 8 V3s were a little too big. My next pair will be 7s.

The higher you go the more they are true to size I believe. But I wear a size 8 regular shoe, but size 8 V3s were a little too big. My next pair will be 7s.
That happed to me too, I will be getting a size 7 this time too.

Sounds pretty good all things considered. Hopefully it is only batteries and the video @Jedifyfe shows how to fix that.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
That is what I'm hoping! And that will be a easy cheap fix. I really want to wear these on occasion and have them working. If I can't get them working I'll have to buy your glow in the dark kit [emoji3]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not MAG related but I'm having the same problem on DHGATE. Now that I need a refund or replacement they have raised the price $20. They were all "hello friend"and "what can I do for you" in the first email but now they don't answer and their tone is completely different. I'm sure it is a hive and multiple people use that account. I finally threatened a dispute. I don't see me getting any money back now, especially what was agreed upon, but we'll see what happens. I'm not shipping anything back because it will It will cost twice as much as I slept in the item.

And, if anybody would happen to know or have the ability, what should I translate my english into on the site? I know there are mulptiple versions according to Google translate and I don't want to put something there that they still don't understand or is harder to read than my English.

Tip for anyone using Google translator or similar, use "simple Chinese". Traditional seems to mess stuff up. Cantonese and Mandarin are specific to certain regions.

Also what I do, if I am making a purchase and think something will be lost in translation, is to type what I want to say in English, translate that to simple Chinese and then copy/paste the Chinese and translate back to english. Sometimes, you have drop the small words "a" "the"from the sentence and make it read like broken English to get it to work.

- - - Updated - - -

That happed to me too, I will be getting a size 7 this time too.

Better get some glow kits made up and ready, just in case.

Tip for anyone using Google translator or similar, use "simple Chinese". Traditional seems to mess stuff up. Cantonese and Mandarin are specific to certain regions.

Also what I do, if I am making a purchase and think something will be lost in translation, is to type what I want to say in English, translate that to simple Chinese and then copy/paste the Chinese and translate back to english. Sometimes, you have drop the small words "a" "the"from the sentence and make it read like broken English to get it to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Better get some glow kits made up and ready, just in case.

I just used your suggestion. I tried to make it broken English as coherent as possible that a toddler could understand. No disrespect to the Chinese, it was more for me because I have no idea what I'm doing. However when I tried to copy and paste the Kanji(?) it didn't show up when I submitted . So I did it again and copied and pasted the pronunciation underneath the characters. Which I know is not right either.

Back to the Mags...

If you made a gitd set that replaced the all the lights, including all 3 colors of the ankle bubble, and it lasted for a semi decent amount of time I'd totally buy it.

I just used your suggestion. I tried to make it broken English as coherent as possible that a toddler could understand. No disrespect to the Chinese, it was more for me because I have no idea what I'm doing. However when I tried to copy and paste the Kanji(?) it didn't show up when I submitted . So I did it again and copied and pasted the pronunciation underneath the characters. Which I know is not right either.

Back to the Mags...

If you made a gitd set that replaced the all the lights, including all 3 colors of the ankle bubble, and it lasted for a semi decent amount of time I'd totally buy it.

Me too. I know the lights will fail, so I'd love to have a GITD kit.

IMG_5417.JPG Sis put this filter on this old photo. First night I wore them.

Thanks!

So... the lights are worth between $400 and $600 (depending on the price on the website)?! Wow.

Thanks!

Congrats! I tried going that route with him before I bought the shoes I bought. He said they didn't have any broken shoes.

I was going to buy V2s and then thought I'd try to get a non working pair of V3s. He said there were no working pairs available.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I hope you can get them working.

So... the lights are worth between $400 and $600 (depending on the price on the website)?! Wow.
Apparently!
Congrats! I tried going that route with him before I bought the shoes I bought. He said they didn't have any broken shoes.

I was going to buy V2s and then thought I'd try to get a non working pair of V3s. He said there were no working pairs available.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I hope you can get them working.
I messaged him through email and through Skype. I got an email back saying they didn't have any, then a message after saying they did.

When I get them I'll document me fixing them and post here. I should be getting my QC pictures in a day or so.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back