Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Modded lights won't change a thing. I do wonder about the power lacing.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm very interested to find out about the autolace, the show looks a bit different as well, it looks closer to the real deal mags. However 1500 is alot, i wish they would just apply blue tint to the soles like the RD & 2016 MAGs. However I'm currently torn between purchasing the new V3 for 460$ from david or the old lights version for 360$? Are the lights really that different worth the extra 100$>?

To the eye, there is nothing wrong with the brighter LEDs. It only becomes a problem when taking photos of your display.

If you intend to wear these, save some $$$ and get the brighter LEDs. They will break anyway and the sting is not as severe at that price point.

seems that the discount is the same whether you use sneakerahead-dis or gostt-dis comes up as -23.04 for either one when i tried.

So what does the equate to? My math might be out, but I get $59.85 as the discount (at 15% off). It may not be 15% anymore. There were a few guys that reported to only get $15 off pairs at the $499.

I certainly did not get 15% my first pair in November last year. I paid $464USD.

Well, the advertisement at the moment is $15 off for the discount code, so $23.04 is better discount than advertised, even if only slightly. I didn't keep the paperwork for my 3 pairs of V3s (how much I paid WU) as my girlfriend would complain if she saw them. :D

discount.JPG

Does it work out to be:
$499 normal price
Then -15% discount adjustment
Then add shipping on top of that?
I'm tempted to get a pair of v3's soon!

Does it work out to be:
$499 normal price
Then -15% discount adjustment
Then add shipping on top of that?
I'm tempted to get a pair of v3's soon!

The original price was $629. Then we asked David to price match another store and he came back with 499 with 15% off if you used a code (sneakerahead - dis). Then you also get about 6% off that if you agree to pay with WU.

These new prices are $399 for the older bright LEDs versions ONLY. If you want the new dimmer LEDs, you will have to pay $499 less any discounts.

I went to London Film and Comic Con on Saturday and wore my V3’s out for the first time properly. I put them on at 6am and didn’t take them off until nearly 9pm. I must say, they are really comfortable, and that was walking around a busy convention all day. They certainly drew some attention; I got a lot of comments and questions, also in King’s Cross station and on the Underground. Unfortunately, the EL panel in the right shoe failed towards the end of the day, and it now flickers on and off, but I expected this was going to happen.I got caught in the rain going home; they don’t keep your feet dry in the wet, even with a coat of Crep Protect on them. Also, the dye off my jeans stained the inside of the cuffs pretty bad where they were tucked in, but that's a minor. All fun though.
Mags.jpeg

Niceeeee! I'm afraid to wear my V3's to work environment I work in the IT field some days we chill some days we climb ladders and run cable, but anyways yes worn to public places its awesome the amount of attention you get from these!

Depends on what I am doing. Generally as rule of thumb at work, I have to wear black shoes. If V3 MAGs came in black, I'd be all over them.

Hello. I am a new member but have been visiting for the past few years gathering info on modding mags I just purchased a pair of broken light V3s and was wondering what my options are for getting them working again. If it's a broken charge port and cannot be reattached to the board, can I bypass the board and wire everything together straight off the battery?

Hello. I am a new member but have been visiting for the past few years gathering info on modding mags I just purchased a pair of broken light V3s and was wondering what my options are for getting them working again. If it's a broken charge port and cannot be reattached to the board, can I bypass the board and wire everything together straight off the battery?

First step, give them a good charge and see what you get.

If there lights still don't work, then most likely the charge port is broken and this will mean opening the shoe.

Good point about bypassing the small PC board as we never used these on the Modded V2s.

Battery > Switch > Inverter > EL
Battery > Switch > LEDs

Cavx thanks for the response....I've got a pretty decent knowledge of how you all have done mods in the past. I purchased all the parts for a 9v system a few years ago with intention of one day doing a mod. I guess I've got some tinkering to do when I get them. I plan on giving them a charge and taking it from there. Maybe even swapping out batteries (if charge ports seem in tact) I'll post what I find out once i get the shoes And I appreciate any input

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back