Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Hi Everyone!

Its been a while since i been here and i have to say i still love the mags, lights are all stil lworking which is crazy lol

Don't get to wear them often enough but once the summer is here, they will come out to play again.

Also just wanted to show you guys that i made a coin/pendant featuring the Nike mag design that was on the tshirts which were given away to everyone who bought tickets in hopes of getting the 2017 nike mags in london.

View attachment 797943View attachment 797944View attachment 797942
These are cool. Are they cast or 3d printed?

My soles survived the first time out in the real world. Tonight they were exposed to wet tiles, wet concrete, wet bitumen and other sliperly and or abrasive surfaces.

No hints of splits or tears.
8d1b89f1d61ecd8f4cf8c38c98a7b945.jpg
897b9b3b9fe4f6003ed0624a5c217461.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

My soles survived the first time out in the real world. Tonight they were exposed to wet tiles, wet concrete, wet bitumen and other sliperly and or abrasive surfaces.

No hints of splits or tears. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180224/8d1b89f1d61ecd8f4cf8c38c98a7b945.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180224/897b9b3b9fe4f6003ed0624a5c217461.jpg

Its 3d printed, your soles are looking sick. i been checking your work out on your insta!

Are these upgraded? Less likely to fail sort of thing?
Not really, I just hooked up the el panel as my original one was too dim. If something happens later down the road I'll upgrade the wiring. But for now it will work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No hints of splits or tears. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180224/8d1b89f1d61ecd8f4cf8c38c98a7b945.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180224/897b9b3b9fe4f6003ed0624a5c217461.jpg

I know your clear replacements parts are good quality from your previous pics, but why do they look so white and milky on the shoes? Is that a result of the acetone making the grey midsole rubber whitish?

He added a white under layer behind it
The white layer on this set came out translucent. It was supposed to be a solid white colour to help hide the glue lines as well as giving me a look that was closer to the screen used MAGs.

I did another pair of the back part that have solid white and it makes the blue more blue and less green than what you see in my photos. The only reason I didn't use that set was I could not duplicate the finish for the front oval. These have to be mixed and poured in the same batch or there will be colour variations. The blue is the same because I mixed up the entire 2kg kit.

Ideally I would need 3 sets of bottles:
1. Clear
2. Light blue
3. Solid white or grey.

All images cap 4th used using filtered natural light.

8fc47c172ae3ea9d63d797995313f270.jpg
c5abd55630c55a0d46623a6825fcf7d6.jpg
fc309a5d45ae1d719ff5b7502048cbf8.jpg
08a44e6784d99fabbabb6e07d2a0390c.jpg
73d03067c7057d5ae647666dfd8f86fc.jpg
0adbf5cd80c73726ad730dcbe8fed0bc.jpg

Last edited:
I know your clear replacements parts are good quality from your previous pics, but why do they look so white and milky on the shoes? Is that a result of the acetone making the grey midsole rubber whitish?
I have added white. If I could find a white adhesive, I could have just made them full clear.

So just add some water and heat it up?
I used the synthetic dye that is already a liquid. I placed it in a pot and boiled it. I found the best results came from taking the sludge that forms on the bottom of the pot and painting that on the sole rubber.
Clean excess with water. It made the soled dark initially but they fade down after a few days. The process lasts about 6 months I guess. I would need to check my IG posts on when I did them to find out what time frame.

HERE is the products I used.

It seems I did them first late February and again in October 2017.

Last edited:
Do any of you know if the Mags will be at their regular price again? I almost decided to buy them, but they went from 499 to 700 with no reason. Maybe should I wait fo a non-autolacing v4 in the future?

@cavx those look great. Any update on the gitd heel set?

i still need to buy new some batteries.

Thank you. 2nd wear out yesterday and they are so nice under foot. I love the grip when these are new.

Anyone interest if I set up a Facebook group to share your knowledge?

Go for it. There is already a Nike MAG fan club on face book where owners show off all their versions of the MAG.

Do any of you know if the Mags will be at their regular price again? I almost decided to buy them, but they went from 499 to 700 with no reason. Maybe should I wait fo a non-autolacing v4 in the future?

Who knows. I suggest making contact and asking if they will honour the price of $499 that so many of us here at the RPF were able to get.

Thank you. 2nd wear out yesterday and they are so nice under foot. I love the grip when these are new.

Go for it. There is already a Nike MAG fan club on face book where owners show off all their versions of the MAG.

Who knows. I suggest making contact and asking if they will honour the price of $499 that so many of us here at the RPF were able to get.

Ahh sweet. Il get on that page then.

Yea 2k is mad for the v4. Not sure why its soo high now. Was 1200

Ahh sweet. Il get on that page then.

Yea 2k is mad for the v4. Not sure why its soo high now. Was 1200

And even at $1200, they were not going to see too many. The V3 was $629 when it first came out in mid 2016. He dropped the price to $499 when someone asked him to price match another site about September that year.

Can anybody tell me where I can purchase a female port charger to sorter to my mags ? Thx

Search eBay for these.

attachment.php

USB to 0.7mm leads. OD is 2.5mm ID is 0.7mm

I have DC 0.7mm plugs that connect to a USB to DC charge lead. Their OD is 2.0mm ID 0.7mm.

Any update on the gitd heel set?
Sorry didn't replay to this part.

No. I am not sure what they are doing. They have advertised all colours except blue, but do not seem to stock any colour other then green. if I buy these from a different supplier, I have to buy 1000g of each colour at over $100 per colour. I did this for the cyan I use but would rather not have to do this for red and yellow.

I am however going to see if I can make a pretty 3M version using the same technique I used for my fake EL.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back