Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Has anyone tried 3-D printing the souls and if so does it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you print in clear flexible? As far as I know, you can only print in solid colours in the printable rubber like black

Do you have a 3D model for the clear sole? You CAN NOT print anything without the CAD file. I doubt you will find this on Thingyverse.

Hmm should we call these Nike mags V3.2?
Installed new boards into V3 Mags and there are two changes
1. Ankle leds are dimmed down to normal
2. Ankle leds now blink when charging and shut off when complete.
Bought boards from @WizardBTTF and i vouch for him as he delivers quickly...

https://youtu.be/BGu-VSJkvbI
That is freakin awesome. How much did the boards cost?

I mixed up some silicone and this happened.

I hope that is a spill and not a leak. Anyway it is well into gel state now and I will be able to demold about 8 tonight.
e71e82159ff1f8fc58d85c8b71200b6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
That is freakin awesome. How much did the boards cost?

I mixed up some silicone and this happened.

I hope that is a spill and not a leak. Anyway it is well into gel state now and I will be able to demold about 8 tonight. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171122/e71e82159ff1f8fc58d85c8b71200b6d.jpg

Looks like I had success. I will pour part 2 of this mold in the morning when I have sunlight.
aed5d5004dc97ea8084998e822a23997.jpg

Anybody know where I can pick up sea glow at the store or is it only online
At cavX for the boards ask wizard I don't know if he has any more left

Will do, thanks.
2nd part of the mold has been poured.

I have also made a start on parts for V2s if anyone still has those. The parts on the butter container are a new sculpt of the bubble for the heel cup. Based on the RD of course.

At some point, I will be making new curved side wings in the 3 sizes.
3a712f25ecf7811c072e71ff07e1af5d.jpg

https://youtu.be/v6QINBgxLt0
In this video, the motors sound perfectly fine. It's either the battery level that makes them sound so bad in the other videos, or it's just bad luck. These sound fine, and are what I hope mine sound like when I get them

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

2nd part of the mold has been poured.
I have also made a start on parts for V2s if anyone still has those. The parts on the butter container are a new sculpt of the bubble for the heel cup. Based on the RD of course.
At some point, I will be making new curved side wings in the 3 sizes.

I still have 3 pairs of V2's - one I've mildly modified, (toe steam, midsole repaint, sole replacement and GITD kit) - looking a bit tired now, and 2 stock. Wow, haven't worn a V2 for like, a year or so I think. Does anyone else here who has V3's now wear their V2's or anything else anymore? They're just so good. :D

I still have 3 pairs of V2's - one I've mildly modified, (toe steam, midsole repaint, sole replacement and GITD kit) - looking a bit tired now, and 2 stock. Wow, haven't worn a V2 for like, a year or so I think. Does anyone else here who has V3's now wear their V2's or anything else anymore? They're just so good. :D
Yeah, no. Only wear V3 MAGs now.

So the master parts have been freed and the inside of the mold looks great.

The best way to know how well a mold came out is to cast a part. As I still don't have the pressure pot up and running yet (still need to buy a compressor) so what I have found works is to load the mold with some resin and degas the molds. This causes a massive expansion of the resin which coats the inside of the mold and extracts all air. I also degassed the remaining mixed resin and simply top up the mold. Not 100% but should be good enough to know if mold is good.

Ignore the little mold on top [emoji41]
85e623cd0ad16cf2cd38e5e4f5e64061.jpg
3721c8daa4c8aeb961beecd87ab3303c.jpg

wht is that grinding sound? Yikes.
That's Doc's train trying to pull the garbage electronics in the shoes XD

I just can't wait to have a huge laugh at people wasting 1400 $ complaining that the lights breaks and the powerlace goes out of order after wearing the shoes twice ...

Last edited:
And the first test pull from the molds. I must have not filled one mold all the way. The mold did not leak but as you might be able to see, a bit of the overlap is missing.
With and without flash.
a895bf7e367e80aadfc4979453194c0f.jpg
f701ef99ae0aa43421234e96df6a1d81.jpg

reshoevn8r is having a 40 percent sale on the sole shields

Mine came down to $19 including shipping

code is CyberFriday

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back