Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

The EL on the jacket colorway would look nice in yellow just like the light on the jacket buttons.

NIKEMAGJACKETYELLOWEL.jpg

View attachment 843376Hey everyone, i just wanted to ask if there have been people who tried to fix this flaw on the v3/v4 mags.
Not unless you are prepared to take them apart and resew them. It is not a job I'd be keen on.

1989 movie shoe had the more rounded cuff with a long tongue.

2011 shoe is pointer with shorter tongue.

Personally I like the movie shoe yet most people seem to want the 2011 version.

These shoes have more pressing issues than the cuff.

Like why can't they correct the midsole and heel counter errors? (purple)
Why can't they give us icy soles given they make near perfect Jordans?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
4b11966ade8c7c29ea9e07eac65dfb1e.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to be proven wrong, but I don't think a perfect replica will ever be made. What we have is nice enough I think. The prices just have to go down. The initial price gouging created by the bids on Ebay for the 2011 shoes and eventually the 2016 power lacing shoes have plagued these long enough. They will sell so much more if they were a reasonable price.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I don't think a perfect replica will ever be made. What we have is nice enough I think. The prices just have to go down. The initial price gouging created by the bids on Ebay for the 2011 shoes and eventually the 2016 power lacing shoes have plagued these long enough. They will sell so much more if they were a reasonable price.
Totally agree about the price. These should never have been over $250.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

The only other way to increase the brightness (but it will turn the panels more blue than cyan) is to use your own inverter and leds and replace the stock ones.

I took some measurements using my colorimeter on white EL sheet and one of these higher frequency inverters. White light should be equal amounts of red, green and blue. I got a blue reading of 80 percent higher than red and green and this.

Cyan is equal parts of green and blue. I have not tested this theory yet, but based on my readings, if you used these same inverters with green EL, that higher push of blue will turn the light from green to cyan.

Alright so what is currently the cheapest place to get V3.1s? I'm gonna start saving soon.

Yeah I’d like to know too, bought mine from sneakerahead when that was the go to place...guessing everyone has another source now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back