Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

This is the reason for the price hike.

All these discounted pairs being sent out.

People are just gonna get these and complain that they don't work and ask for another pair... whilst keeping the first.

Well, I wanted to wait to say anything until it was for sure, but I was able to get David to come down on the shoes to a price point where I wouldn’t have to sleep on the couch the rest of the year.

I’m not getting a box, but he’s sending a charger and these shoes. Just got QC Picts.

I asked them to keep them on for at least 30 minutes to make sure they don’t have the problem that my first pair had.

Would appreciate a second set of eyes on these:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/ef538a004e25dede8ff71f2d4c697794.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/cb511638da3db1dcc2c79687ed29df16.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/71d3e831063f12b21127ce7b552761fe.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/773c68ab5cec6c33c1d1a4dc8a4aee52.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180119/d0879c4cfdef1de50977f75e94023e30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look reasonable to me, although the EL looks slightly misaligned in the sole of the right shoe, as you can see the top of the recess in which the large panel should sit neatly.
The swoosh on the back of the left shoe doesn’t meet the heel cup in the same position as the right hand shoe does, it’s much too high & is actually protruding slightly above the heel cup.
Also it looks like the material of the right shoe twists inwards quite heavily towards the toe as you can see from the weave of the material curving inwards.

If none of the above concerns you then take them.

Alright, got an update. The gears are indeed stripped. It works when detached from the laces, but the second you put any load on them, the teeth on the gears can't grab

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

They look reasonable to me, although the EL looks slightly misaligned in the sole of the right shoe, as you can see the top of the recess in which the large panel should sit neatly.
The swoosh on the back of the left shoe doesn’t meet the heel cup in the same position as the right hand shoe does, it’s much too high & is actually protruding slightly above the heel cup.
Also it looks like the material of the right shoe twists inwards quite heavily towards the toe as you can see from the weave of the material curving inwards.

Darn! Where were you yesterday? :)

They said they were going to send me video and never did. I hope maybe they haven't shipped. That right shoe does have some issues. Thanks for sharing.

They said they were going to send me video and never did. I hope maybe they haven't shipped. That right shoe does have some issues. Thanks for sharing.

If this is going to be a display pair, then chances are, no one is actually handling them apart from you. Yes there some minor cosmetic flaws, but the lights work and there are no major glue stains on the fabric. If you reject these, they go to the next buyer and you are delayed in getting working shoes.

If this is going to be a display pair, then chances are, no one is actually handling them apart from you. Yes there some minor cosmetic flaws, but the lights work and there are no major glue stains on the fabric. If you reject these, they go to the next buyer and you are delayed in getting working shoes.

Yeah, and I could also use the right shoe I already have as a display and use that one as a wear shoe. I did send David some photos with arrows pointing out those issues. I don't know what to expect from here. I'm not going to make a huge deal of it since I mainly want a good left shoe.

Decided that I better get onto the next parts of the clear soles. I have decided to break up the underside with the inner wings being cast separately.
a46f5bfe93e4b22bad56c4cac7bb78fc.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Well, with no more than an email asking for him to check out the issues that were identified,

He wrote back with this:

"our guys will change it to a pair of new shoes and resend u the qc pics and video to check asap."

I wasn't even firm. I just shared the observations and asked him to take a look and let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silicone curing is worse than waiting for paint to dry. I poured the first part yesterday. The silicone I am using has a 6 hour cure time and experience has taught me to let it set up a little longer if you want to keep the fine details.

So I was able to demold that part and set up for part 2 of the mold.

Now waiting again.
1f2707133e2973f42f2f0bd16bed7fcf.jpg

As with many things MAG related, patience is key, isn't it.......
How long did we have to wait for the V3 to be made? lol :D
Not many people have the equipment and know-how to make soles. We'll just buy them off you. :D

As with many things MAG related, patience is key, isn't it.......
How long did we have to wait for the V3 to be made? lol :D
Not many people have the equipment and know-how to make soles. We'll just buy them off you. :D
So now this mold is almost ready.

I may have to redo this mold as I noticed a small tear in the base of one of the wings after I cleaned up. I used Vaseline as the release agent and it is possible that I missed a bit. And as silicone only sticks to silicone, if there is a part not treated, the 2nd pour will stick.
6953305aecb7ddc8866eadbf9de7a277.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back