Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

There is not a lot of info on the Tube Bag. It is supposed to be 22" long and 11.5" dia. But is that 11.5" the body or the end cap?

When I made this one, the end cap is 11.5" at the widest part.
8715133f0c863dba02a4dbdad55b213d.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

hi magurus. What are the names for these if I'm looking to order bits online. Opening my shoe up to fix the wire attached to the EL in the sole. Turns out that, as with the right shoe which I fixed last week, all of my wiring is within a thick layer of glue, I'm talking totally encased, which makes it difficult to do any fixes simply. I get if this was an effort to add some protection to what is an expensive set of wiring to replace wholesale. Trying to peel the glue off resulted in the wire coming out of this connector. Is there any way of getting it back in as the other end is a simple solder job, but this end.. hnnng. Also, this is a recent order with replacement parts, surly the boards in them would be the most current bug free version no? yeah, well these still switch off whenever they fancy from 5 mins to 20. they'll come back on again of course with a switch, but then just whenever they feel they've had enough, off they go. Had the shoes a couple of weeks, 2nd fox of the wire to the EL in the right shoe done today, but now THIS wire snap on the left. Any help would be ace. yeah, soz, I'm wordier than a Kevin Smith script.
52b981c41b9a06f56d7435da86261216.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In the movie, his MAG shoes are actually a US6 (one of the Friends and Family pair is a US6 and perfect replica and the other is a US7, 2011 shoe) and this was confirmed when the lasts used to make his shoes were auctioned off a few years ago.

Dude, if I remember correctly, didn’t the last say ‘7D’ on it & that he’s a US7?

It’s been long confirmed from his bruins that have been on display at LA’s Universal featuring a size ‘7’ designation as they were a retail shoe & upon seeing a pair of the screen-used Mags up close & personal, I can 100% say they’re not a UK5 which would be a US6. They’re spot on for size with my US7 RD which is significantly smaller than my V3 US7 which happen to run huge over a genuine Nike in this size.

Dude, if I remember correctly, didn’t the last say ‘7D’ on it & that he’s a US7?

It’s been long confirmed from his bruins that have been on display at LA’s Universal featuring a size ‘7’ designation as they were a retail shoe & upon seeing a pair of the screen-used Mags up close & personal, I can 100% say they’re not a UK5 which would be a US6. They’re spot on for size with my US7 RD which is significantly smaller than my V3 US7 which happen to run huge over a genuine Nike in this size.

The photo of his Bruins at Universal say US7, but thought when they auctioned off those lasts for the MAGs, that they were US6. Point is, small shoes.
I was wondering about the V3 in US7. Images from those that bought them suggested that they were almost US8.

- - - Updated - - -
cheeseberger not looking good. You might be able to "sweat" that back in. I hope you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers cavx, yeah, not the best. what is it I'm typinginto Google if I want to replace the wire and connector. don't fancy replacing all of the electronics for 1 wire. but as for the random off/on of the board... meh. luckily, here in Nottingham, we have a place called hackspace which has people and equipment for all sorts (could create a 1 off of the concept design shoe quickly I reckon too which is the next plan) as a communal access thing, which will be my next stop for reprogramming the board to actually work should answers here fail.

cheers cavx, yeah, not the best. what is it I'm typinginto Google if I want to replace the wire and connector. don't fancy replacing all of the electronics for 1 wire. but as for the random off/on of the board... meh. luckily, here in Nottingham, we have a place called hackspace which has people and equipment for all sorts (could create a 1 off of the concept design shoe quickly I reckon too which is the next plan) as a communal access thing, which will be my next stop for reprogramming the board to actually work should answers here fail.

You can find those connectors online if you search "Losi 2 pin connector" they are not expensive. You can just solder a new one to the EL panel.

As for the random on/off another member here leiter22 is having the same issues. However, I think he has solved it or close to solving it.

Built a MAG box...mainly used 1/8" HDF and automotive vinyl. Hoping this will last longer than paper especially the folds since vinyl shouldn't tear like the paper. Also considering every box that I've had from David has been torn when it gets here....
So you made it with cardboard for the basis, wraped with yellow vinyl ?
How did you joined all the parts together ? And how about the foam cutting ? I don’t know the method to cut foam like you did O_O wow !

You can find those connectors online if you search "Losi 2 pin connector" they are not expensive. You can just solder a new one to the EL panel.

As for the random on/off another member here @leiter22 is having the same issues. However, I think he has solved it or close to solving it.

Yeah, I’m fairly certain the on/off issue in my case was a finicky main board. As soon as I took the strap off, cleaned up all the glue residue around the connection points and reconnected them, it started working. Since I have it off I figured I might as well just upgrade to the boards WizardBTTF sells which will also make the led’s blink while charging.

So you made it with cardboard for the basis, wraped with yellow vinyl ?
How did you joined all the parts together ? And how about the foam cutting ? I don’t know the method to cut foam like you did O_O wow !

It's high density fiberboard, much more rigid than cardboard. Yes, then wrapped with yellow vinyl. Held together with wood glue and 300LSE 3M double sided adhesive holding the vinyl to vinyl sections. Foam cutting was done with a 60w CO2 laser.

As for the random on/off another member here @leiter22 is having the same issues. However, I think he has solved it or close to solving it.
thanks WizardBTTF. Star.

Im finding some cheap $65 mags on ebay that look similar to the ribbed HC mags. I was wondering if anyone had them and how well do they hold up? Do they have the same issue the HC ones had with the wiring?

Im finding some cheap $65 mags on ebay that look similar to the ribbed HC mags. I was wondering if anyone had them and how well do they hold up? Do they have the same issue the HC ones had with the wiring?
If they are not V3 or V4, can we not discuss them here please? There are at least 2 other MAG threads for discussion of those.

But to answer your question, over time all the lights break in these shoes.

These will continue to degrade and deteriorate every day....not worth it...

I'm dying to know how this was displayed. I'm imagining a large window in direct sunlight. Obviously these weren't built with a long shelf life in mind, but I'm curious what shape it would be in if it had been stored properly. Just like that Marty's future jacket that was stuck to itself, it just blows my mind.

If they are not V3 or V4, can we not discuss them here please? There are at least 2 other MAG threads for discussion of those.

But to answer your question, over time all the lights break in these shoes.

Thank you. My bad, I havent been on here in a while and couldnt find the mag threads so I googled to find the most active thread so I didnt bring up a burried topic

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back