Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Big Lego convention this long weekend and I decided that seeing how I missed comic con last weekend, I'd make up for it this one.

You can see in the first photo why I want to upgrade the glow kits. Because most people take photos with the flash on...
dd9df76807bd7b5a884aa842fd5aa4d1.jpg
d8b7cb046a51f18a7824f79a8321c9d1.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Does anyone happen to have the link to the YouTube video of the guy cleaning the 2011 Nike MAG?

It came up on my news feed on facebook. I started watching it but I had other things to do first and now I can't find it.

He is using a "cleaner" (looks yellowish like dish soap) and water, along with a horse hair brush.

The MAG was pretty grubby and almost looked like it had a coffee stain.

rubberpoultry those HC deluxe jackets are not bad for the coin they are asking for them.

The other week at the lego convention, I had someone ask "are they?" about my shoes. She then asked if she could take a photo which she then texted to her son. He texted back with a big jumble of letters that I assumed meant he was excited. I then explained these are replicas and even so, still cost close to several hundred dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
@rubberpoultry those HC deluxe jackets are not bad for the coin they are asking for them.

The other week at the lego convention, I had someone ask "are they?" about my shoes. She then asked if she could take a photo which she then texted to her son. He texted back with a big jumble of letters that I assumed meant he was excited. I then explained these are replicas and even so, still cost close to several hundred dollars.

Yeah, they’re not too bad, but boy oh boy are they hot! I wish I could have gotten the Poon version, but I only spent like $80 on the HC jacket when it was on sale.

I had several take pictures of the shoes. One guy said, “are you wearing $10,000 shoes?” I said, “nope. These are knockoffs.” He said, “how much?” I ended up getting two pairs for $600 because one had non working lights. So I said, “about $300”. He was like, “that is totally worth it!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they’re not too bad, but boy oh boy are they hot! I wish I could have gotten the Poon version, but I only spent like $80 on the HC jacket when it was on sale.

I had several take pictures of the shoes. One guy said, “are you wearing $10,000 shoes?” I said, “nope. These are knockoffs.” He said, “how much?” I ended up getting two pairs for $600 because one had non working lights. So I said, “about $300”. He was like, “that is totally worth it!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes those HC jackets are hot. Great in Winter but we are now in Spring, so not so great unless you happen to be in AC. Most Cons here happen in the warmer months for some reason.

My first pair was the $499 price and I got a 2nd pair for $120 under their 'warranty' deal. Lights died in the first pair less than a month. I was able to repair but when it failed again, I decided not bother with the lights. 2nd pair is still going strong, though I fear one of the charge ports might break soon. They are head turners for sure.

I onlt had the v2. the v3 wasn't out yet when I started selling off my collection.

Did you sell because 2015 had come and gone? I am so looking forward to year from now, when BTTF2 turns 30! The MAGs will 30. Crazy when you consider the impact these shoes have had on so many over the years and lengths some have gone to own a pair.

Anyone else seen the Wish add with MAGs for 76? I think they might be old stock of V2. Would be sweet if they could sell V3s.

Edit. Just saw the same add on IG for 55. They are the sports version.

Last edited:
Did you sell because 2015 had come and gone? I am so looking forward to year from now, when BTTF2 turns 30! The MAGs will 30. Crazy when you consider the impact these shoes have had on so many over the years and lengths some have gone to own a pair.

No not at all! I actually sold it all in 2014. I don't have a big house and we had baby #2 on the way. The room that was floor to ceiling BTTF had to go. My wife told me to keep it in boxes in the garage but that just felt so wrong. I wanted others to enjoy what I got to enjoy for years. I still miss it all but I don't regret selling it.

WOW because you had a mini museum.

My collection is all in my HT, but it is not just BTTF2 stuff, rather bits and pieces from various movies. I can't imagine selling it, even though it is taking over.

As it turns out, it looks like I have to buy one of those fertility idols now, as one is easter egged in SOLO and I already have the dice.

Anyone else seen the Wish add with MAGs for 76? I think they might be old stock of V2. Would be sweet if they could sell V3s.

Edit. Just saw the same add on IG for 55. They are the sports version.

nope, and the quick search failed - i guess they weren't listed as 'back to the future shoes' or something?
nope.JPG

ah - different 'wish' site where you need to sign in. thanks! they also have the marty t-shirt which is more likely i'll get, if i can find it cheaper than $56, that's a bit much for a shirt.

ah - different 'wish' site where you need to sign in. thanks! they also have the marty t-shirt which is more likely i'll get, if i can find it cheaper than $56, that's a bit much for a shirt.
Damn, the plus minus shirt?
I'm planning a 2nd run with higher quality shirts and puff paint for about 40.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back